Evgeni Plushenko | Page 117 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
No, I think you have linked this... that's why the Tarantella costume looked so familiar! But I think this is the first time I saw the performance... unless I watched it and blocked it out of my memory.

I mean, we've all worn some "interesting" outfits in our childhoods that seemed like a good idea at the time, right? :p Though I don't think I ever went full-on rainbow clown... but I'm not a figure skater.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
"A real boy" makes me think of Pinnochio. :) And I'm not sure what he means by "a big fellow"...well, I'll just assume both are compliments, and I agree with the rest of the sentiment.

eta: Plushenko will perform 2 EXs at Russian Nationals in December. :yay: Hopefully the 2 new ones he has been working on!

LRK

Record Breaker
"A real boy" makes me think of Pinnochio. :) And I'm not sure what he means by "a big fellow"...well, I'll just assume both are compliments, and I agree with the rest of the sentiment.

It's in English, so I suppose he is doing the best he can to express himself (probably why he generally tweets in Russian... ). I suppose by "big fellow" he means that he's an adult, and responsible for his own decisions.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Thank you, Plushy, for saying this. Even the "crazy old man" understands that sometimes the risk isn't worth it. And it's heartening to see the comments under Plushy's message--the English ones, anyway--seem to agree with him. I couldn't believe some of the comments on the forum about how heroic Yuzuru's decision was and how people who'd do otherwise are just selfish...

LRK

Record Breaker
Thank you, Plushy, for saying this. Even the "crazy old man" understands that sometimes the risk isn't worth it. And it's heartening to see the comments under Plushy's message--the English ones, anyway--seem to agree with him. I couldn't believe some of the comments on the forum about how heroic Yuzuru's decision was and how people who'd do otherwise are just selfish...

Wow! Really?

:jaw:

I don't even... ?! Was this in the men's LP thread? I haven't been to it (Mrs P warned me about it), and I probably never shall - if this was the kind of stuff found there, then I'm doubly glad I've not!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I didn't see those comments on here, either (and I do read most of the GP competition threads, although I frequently regret it. :eek: All the crazies come out of the woodwork in season, I guess...).

Actually, I was pretty surprised that the entire board seemed almost universal in the sentiment that the boys should not have competed. I've never seen such a consensus on anything related to skating, ever.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Oh, the comments were there, though thankfully 99% was as you said--Han Yan and Yuzuru shouldn't have competed, we are worried about the boys, ect. But there are always a few bad apples... I won't repeat those comments on a public thread; don't want to give them new life.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Actually, I was pretty surprised that the entire board seemed almost universal in the sentiment that the boys should not have competed. I've never seen such a consensus on anything related to skating, ever.
I think literally everyone who were watching the event from all over the world had the same thought at the same time: OUT OUT OUT OUT!! STOP!!
The judges and both of their teams might have felt dazed watching them as well.

I just wonder, though. If the same thing happened to Plushy and Yagudin when they were still competing, what would Plushy and Yagudin do? :think:

I mean, to say that "you shouldn't compete in that situation" is easy and it's reasonable. But what if it were Plushy and his rival were Yagudin? :think:

LRK

Record Breaker
I think literally everyone who were watching the event from all over the wall had the same thought at the same time: OUT OUT OUT OUT!! STOP!!

I just wonder, though. If the same thing happened to Plushy and Yagudin when they were still competing, what would Plushy and Yagudin do? :think:

I mean, to say that "you shouldn't compete in that situation" is easy and it's reasonable. But what if it were Plushy and his rival were Yagudin? :think:

Well, he was younger then - and less wise - it may be a case of "do as I say, not as I do". Just because one might oneself do something foolish, doesn't mean that it wasn't foolish, and others should do the same.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well, he was younger then - and less wise - it may be a case of "do as I say, not as I do". Just because one might oneself do something foolish, doesn't mean that it wasn't foolish, and others should do the same.
Personally I think if the same thing happened to Plushy when he was 19, he could have done the same as Yuzuru and Han Yan.
The same for Yagudin.

That's why people say you are only young one. :laugh:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I think literally everyone who were watching the event from all over the wall had the same thought at the same time: OUT OUT OUT OUT!! STOP!!

Yes when i watched the competition I shouted I do not want to see it! stop! dangerous!

Probably Plushy and Alexei would have done same thing...

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Yes when i watched the competition I shouted I do not want to see it! stop! dangerous!

Watching Plushy withdraw at Sochi was horrifying (but THANK GOD he did it, of course!!). That was February 2014...now at the end of 2014, this happens, and we are in shock once again. Just being a fan of skating is dangerous to one's health!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker

Well, Plushy may have been reckless about his own health when younger... but I'm sure he wouldn't want Yuzuru to be just as crazy.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Is there any chance that Plushy might do some commentary for the Rostelecom Cup? He's still planning to perform in the gala, isn't he? (I saw an article about him doing 2 EXs at Russian Nationals yesterday, but they didn't mention Rostelecom). I'd love to hear his opinions about the men's event...

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Is there any chance that Plushy might do some commentary for the Rostelecom Cup? He's still planning to perform in the gala, isn't he? (I saw an article about him doing 2 EXs at Russian Nationals yesterday, but they didn't mention Rostelecom). I'd love to hear his opinions about the men's event...

He won't perform and probably won't be commentator. I also would like to hear him as a commentator...

Very interesting http://instagram.com/p/vJm7Npm87z/ Museum of illusions in St. Petersburg