Evgeni Plushenko | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

ciocio

On the Ice
Given that this is Plushenko's fan fest thread, I don't know if I should spend too much time arguing about his relative merits here....If the question is whether he would be able to (physically) or if he would try to skate any specific type of program, then I do not know the answer to that. Though I must say that I am not certain what is meant by "overestimating him" here. It makes sense to conjecture that he and his team would try to put in the technical contents to the best of their ability, but as you say, the technical aspects was not meant here. So does it mean the artistic side of things? He is not any of the other skaters listed in your post, why should he copy them artistically? Is this what is meant by "good programs" here?

No, a good program means a program that can get a skater as many points as possible, no matter if he is injured, has 3 quads, 10 quads, etc.

About Aranjuez specifically, to be honest I am not certain if this is a rhetorical question....I will only talk about how it spoke to me here. To me, there is a great deal of masculine power in this program, (and just in case of possible misunderstandings, "masculine" here is not used to imply superiority in constrast to "feminine", but more descriptive, with the understanding that it possesses its own value, and "power" here is not exactly in the physical sense), yet that power was not thrown out, but well-controlled and balanced. And at the same time, one can sense the "still center of things" within, to use a perhaps too-wild metaphor. It is mature in image, and I am not certain that the Plushenko of say 03-05--for all his glories--would have been able to carry as well. It "fitted" him, showcasing his innate charisma. (I put "fit" in quotation marks because I am currently developing the view that with Plushenko on ice, perhaps I do not want to draw such a perfect dividing line between his person and his programs.) From what I've seen in various places, it is a program that has captivated people who knew nothing of him or of figure skating before, and made them into fans.

By ISU rules, this is PE and maybe IN. So, you basically agree that Aranjuez did not have some special strengths, that judges did not see. This was my point too.

As a fan, no, I do not know this. It would be presumptuous of me to imagine that I know any such thing. In fact, at this point I don't even conjecture it.

Plushenko clearly said that to him being second means to lose. Not to win silver, being on podium, but to lose. I doubt that losing can bring satisfaction to an athlete.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plushenko clearly said that to him being second means to lose. Not to win silver, being on podium, but to lose. I doubt that losing can bring satisfaction to an athlete.

Yes, but not now. He will be glad if he will stand on the podium. He clearly said this too.

ciocio

On the Ice
Yes, but not now. He will be glad if he will stand on the podium. He clearly said this too.

Yes, I know, but stading on the podium will be very difficult. I feel Plushy can make it and two good programs will help him. I'm sad he did not use the programs he prepaired with Miyamoto and Camerlengo, they received nothing but praise form those who could see them. :disapp:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Yes, I know, but stading on the podium will be very difficult. I feel Plushy can make it and two good programs will help him. I'm sad he did not use the programs he prepaired with Miyamoto and Camerlengo, they received nothing but praise form those who could see them. :disapp:
Yes. I wanted to see them, too. But who saw his new SP adore it. Stavisky is good. And isn't the most popular choreographer, thus I hope that will be different from the others. And you don't forget, Plushy could win at 2002 with Avdish choreography..so who knows, what is the good program?

ciocio

On the Ice
Yes. I wanted to see them, too. But who saw his new SP adore it. Stavisky is good. And isn't the most popular choreographer, thus I hope that will be different from the others. And you don't forget, Plushy could win at 2002 with Avdish choreography..so who knows, what is the good program?

I'm not very impressed with Stavisky's choreographies, I've seen Joubert's SP and it has nothing special. I can't recall other programs either, witch skaters have worked with him recentely? . :confused:
2002 has nothing to do with current competitions and Plushenko did not have the best programs back then, Yagudin did. Actually that's how Yagudin, who wasn't in an amazing shape until Olys, was able to win 2002 GPF. I always recommend 2002 GPF men competition because it is the ultimate prove that a good program can save you, a bad one can bury you even if you're in best shape.
Maybe I can't tell what is a good program but I know how a bad program looks like: Tuktamisheva's SP. With that program and her current lack of consistency, she is done. With a good program she could have scored some nice PCS, despite her flaws.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I'm not very impressed with Stavisky's choreographies, I've seen Joubert's SP and it has nothing special. I can't recall other programs either, witch skaters have worked with him recentely? . :confused:
2002 has nothing to do with current competitions and Plushenko did not have the best programs back then, Yagudin did. Actually that's how Yagudin, who wasn't in an amazing shape until Olys, was able to win 2002 GPF. I always recommend 2002 GPF men competition because it is the ultimate prove that a good program can save you, a bad one can bury you even if you're in best shape.
Maybe I can't tell what is a good program but I know how a bad program looks like: Tuktamisheva's SP. With that program and her current lack of consistency, she is done. With a good program she could have scored some nice PCS, despite her flaws.

Oh, I did a mistake..I wanted to write "Plushy could win at 2012 with Avdish choreography". That was good program or not? For me that was a very good program, he skated with emotions and passion, he could show us his feelings. But I'm sure the N-Americans thought, that wasn't good, because it wasn't crowded with transitions.

Well, I don't know what is the good program, but I understand you, and I have to agree with you. I'm sure, I don't want to see Plushy, who skates like Ten, Javi, Chan or others. I hope, I'm understandable, for me-because of the choreography and COP-they are so similar...Of course, they are not totally similar, but similar, sometimes I feel different musics, similar skating...:slink:

ciocio

On the Ice
Oh, I did a mistake..I wanted to write "Plushy could win at 2012 with Avdish choreography". That was good program or not? For me that was a very good program, he skated with emotions and passion, he could show us his feelings. But I'm sure the N-Americans thought, that wasn't good, because it wasn't crowded with transitions.

Well, I don't know what is the good program, but I understand you, and I have to agree with you. I'm sure, I don't want to see Plushy, who skates like Ten, Javi, Chan or others. I hope, I'm understandable, for me-because of the choreography and COP-they are so similar...Of course, they are not totally similar, but similar, sometimes I feel different musics, similar skating...:slink:

Yes, I understand your feelings about COP programs.

yaya124

On the Ice
This year's SP is very good and much more COP friendly than Storm (from the version I saw). And it is just very "Plushenko" so I can imagine it might receive extreme opinions (from fans and haters, if you know what I mean).

I have never watched R&J so could not really comment on it (though if it is as powerful as the new SP, it would be really good). But I do not really like Camerlengo's SP, maybe because the music ('blue') does not suit him very well.

ciocio

On the Ice
This year's SP is very good and much more COP friendly than Storm (from the version I saw). And it is just very "Plushenko" so I can imagine it might receive extreme opinions (from fans and haters, if you know what I mean).

I have never watched R&J so could not really comment on it (though if it is as powerful as the new SP, it would be really good). But I do not really like Camerlengo's SP, maybe because the music ('blue') does not suit him very well.

Thanks yaya for your clarification! I only care about judges opinion!:laugh:

LRK

Record Breaker
Thanks yaya for your clarification! I only care about judges opinion!:laugh:

Do you mean in judging the likelihood of competitive success for the program - or for your own viewing pleasure? If the latter, it would be horribly depressing to my mind - no way would I let a bunch of judges - or anyone else for that matter! - tell me what I'm supposed to like or not, or deem good or not.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
http://www.delfi.lv/showtime/news/s...ko-predpochitaet-semejnyj-otdyh.d?id=43553411

Evgeni Plushenko prefer family holiday

Evgeni Plushenko - not only an outstanding skater and Olympic champion, but also a great family man. Last weekend, he and his family spent the weekend in the nature of what will gladly said in his microblog.

Eugene and his sons Jana Rudkovskoj from his first marriage riding on quad bikes and bicycles, as well as visited the fishing. What does the photo-known sportsman.

whitebamboo

On the Ice
no way would I let a bunch of judges - or anyone else for that matter! - tell me what I'm supposed to like or not, or deem good or not.

Yes, you've expressed it much better than I could.

Different people look for different things in figure skating. It is fine if one decides that one's only criterion for "good" is how much points it gets from the judges. (Though I disagree with it myself, and I think it does raise the question of why, in that case, figure skating should attempt any aesthetic pretensions--e. g. costumes, music, programs--at all. I also think it cannot address the (frequent) situations when controversial judgements arise.) However, I must say that if one wants to define "good" this way, I would prefer that it is clarified as such beforehand (as I do not believe this would be considered a generally agreed-upon definition of the word.)

LRK

Record Breaker
Plushy News!

"Plushenko News_Eng‏@PlushenkoNews4h
RT @yanarudkovskaya: @anais167 Zhenya already 10 days jumping stable quadruple jump. Next days, 1st channnel will show it on the news!"

"Plushenko News_Eng‏@PlushenkoNews2h
Video reportage from @EvgeniPlushenko's training in St.Petersburg - quad, 3A... :) http://www.1tv.ru/news/sport/239879 … (russian "1TV")"

I don't know if there has been a "proper" translation of the article yet, but this is what I got via the tender mercies of Google translate:

"Summer 2013 for all winter athletes - a hot time. Enhanced training and conducts figure skating star Yevgeny Plushenko. For it will be special game to a greater extent than others. Behind the complex operation, doctors fear, and in spite of them, strong recovery.

And he still did it! His famous jump on the ice in four turns. Complicated. Here, only the coach Alexei Mishin, and he was always there, again it seems that Eugene can jump better. And here it is - another quad!

Doctors said it simply can not be. And fellow athletes did not believe that after a complicated operation that moved Plushenko at all possible to put on skates and get out on the ice. But Eugene gathered into a fist and said to myself one sentence.

"I went to bed at night! And felt this: Here are the entries to the quad that I jump, I'm on my way. Incidentally, the next day I had just done," - says the Olympic figure skating champion, Merited Master of Sports Russian Evgeni Plushenko.

And not only did that, and also won plaudits of all who were in training. After all, had to ride and jump almost from scratch. It is terrible to imagine how hurt at first spin. Well, that each time, less and less.

In December 2012 Plushenko, speaking on painkillers, became the champion of Russia tenfold , but in January the European Championship medications did not help. Was erased intervertebral disc and pinched nerve. Eugene began to walk in a day after the operation . After 2 months decided to train.

"2 hours before the ice started to train, warm up, stretch it to all. And, of course, the body was an oak, that is a tree. I could not bend over, could not be pulled," - says the Olympic figure skating champion, Merited Master of Sports of Russia Evgeni Plushenko.

The moment turned the triple jump, Eugene remembered as the happiest. And his coach then realized that he would not give up now.

"He was there screws, nuts in the back. Can you imagine what it is? And we need these triple axels and quadruple to do as a gun, like a machine gun, When he rides, he sometimes looks younger than his younger rivals. He yet iskatalsya. return to the sport once again - a feat! So he makes this feat three times, "- said the coach Alexei Mishin, Plushenko.

Almost 2 years Evgeni Plushenko did not act because of a knee injury. And it came back a winner. Now he has one Olympic "gold" and 2 silver medals, but something still is haunted!

"In the three contests in the men's figure skating, no one was rolling and standing on pedestals at each Olympic Games. Well, I want to try a fourth and probably end up already. Because he wants to do something different. Spite of all I want to do a record. And you want do not just go out and skate tick - you want to get up on a pedestal ", - says the Olympic champion in figure skating, Honored Master of Sports of Russia Evgeny Plushenko.

For the next six months, he forgot that he loves more football, tennis and golf. So far only - figure skating and the new program. And it is going to develop Sochi Olympic ice. And everyone who is sick of it, Evgeny Plushenko asks you not to worry."

gmyers

Record Breaker
Thats amazing! It's just a little stunning because of all medical issues! Even if he has the great technique this is like almost pure internal drive.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

translation:

Summer 2013 for all winter athletes is a hot time. Reinforced training implement and figure skating star Evgeni Plushenko. For him, Games it will be more special than for others. Behind is the complex operation, doctors fear, and in spite of all, confident recovery.

And he still did it! His famous jump on the ice with four turns. Most difficult. Only to his coach Alexei Mishin, and he is always here, again it seems that Evgeni can jump better. And here it is - another quad!

Doctors said: it simply can not be. And fellow athletes did not believe that after such complex operation which had Plushenko, at all will be possible to put on skates, and let alone go out on the ice. But Evgeni collected will into a fist, and said to self one sentence:

"I went to bed at night! And felt this: here are the entries to the quad, here are jump, here are I leave. By the way, the next day I done it," - says the Olympic figure skating champion Evgeni Plushenko.

And not only did that, but also got applause from all who were in training. After all, skate and jump, he should start almost from scratch. It is terrible to imagine, how at first, ached spine. It was good, that each next time, less.

In December 2012 Plushenko, competed on painkillers, became tenfold the champion of Russia, but already in January at the European Championship, medications did not help. Was erased intervertebral disc and pinched nerve. Evgeni began to walk already a day after the operation. After 2 months, he decided to train.

"2 hours before the ice I began to train, warm up, to stretch it all. And, of course, the body was an oak, that is - a tree. I not could bend over, not could reach down," - says the Olympic figure skating champion Evgeni Plushenko.

The moment, when he performed successful the triple jump, Evgeni remembered as the happiest. And his coach then realized, that now he would not back down.

"Within him are this screws, nuts in the back. Can you imagine what it is? And should these triple axels and quadruples to do like from a gun, like from a machine gun! When he skates, he sometimes looks younger than his younger rivals, he not enough skated. Return to the sport again - it's accomplishment! So, he makes this accomplishment a third time!" - said Plushenko's the coach Alexei Mishin.

Almost 2 years Evgeni Plushenko did not perform because of a knee injury. And he was returning as a winner. Now he has one Olympic "gold" and 2 silver medals, but something still does not give him peace!

"On three Olympiads in the men's figure skating nobody was skating and standing on the podium at each Olympic Games. Well, I want to try a fourth, and surely, to finish. Because I wants to do something unusual. In spite of everything, I want to make a record. And I do not want just to go out, skate and put a check mark. I would like to stand on a pedestal", - says the Olympic figure skating champion Evgeni Plushenko.

For the next six months, he will forgot that he loves also football, tennis and golf. For now on, only figure skating and the new program. And already going to Sochi to explore the Olympic ice. For all those who cheer for him, Evgeni Plushenko says: "Do not worry, I jump carefully."
---------------------

Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 56m

RT @EvgeniPlushenko: On fishing https://twitter.com/EvgeniPlushenko/status/369498152333615104/photo/1

Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 57m

RT @EvgeniPlushenko: Swallows live in my house https://twitter.com/EvgeniPlushenko/status/369498508702670849/photo/1

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 23 Aug

RT @yanarudkovskaya: Sasha today met with the girl Sophia! She's older than him for 3 days!) http://instagram.com/p/dUVQo6FSJF/#

Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 5h

RT @yanarudkovskaya: Stands Sasha, stands!)))) http://instagram.com/p/dY8UkMlSL_/#

Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 5h

RT @yanarudkovskaya: How is good that dad trains now in Sochi!) http://instagram.com/p/dZdZRjFSAN/#

Plushenko News_Eng ‏@PlushenkoNews 1h

RT @yanarudkovskaya: Team!) http://instagram.com/p/daCGqPFSB-/#