Evgeni Plushenko | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

LRK

Record Breaker
And he just skated his FP - which I missed also, of course! But you know... I think that might be for the best? True, this might be sour grapism at work, but just thinking about it... I think if I had seen it live, I'd have been a nervous wreck! But he's back! Plushy, Plushy, Plushy! Yes, I'm growing all emotional also, seniorita! I think we all are! (grouphug)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
THE KING IS BACK!

Evgeny PLYUSCHENKO
RUS 180.91 88.71 92.20 9.25 8.60 9.60 9.30 9.3

I'm crying...

LRK

Record Breaker
THE KING IS BACK!

Evgeny PLYUSCHENKO
RUS 180.91 88.71 92.20 9.25 8.60 9.60 9.30 9.3

I'm crying...

That's exactly what I said to my mother on the phone just now. :) "Are there any videos?" she asked. "Well," I said, "I think the ones making videos are still at the arena... It happened just now." Anyway, she was thrilled, too. :)

LRK

Record Breaker
I know! I'm feeling quite weepy myself! Just wait till you've seen the FP...

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

mary01

Final Flight
I heard he just had very serious surgery does anyone know, if he still intends to continue to compete?

whitebamboo

On the Ice
I heard he just had very serious surgery does anyone know, if he still intends to continue to compete?

Plushenko had spinal disc replacement surgery in January 2013, after having to withdraw from the European Championships. It turned out that at that point, one of his intervertebral discs was almost completely gone. An artificial disc was placed into his spine and secured with screws.

In June, he returned to one-ice training, and began to relearn his jumps. He has always been very clear about his intentions, which is to compete at the Sochi Olympics. The process has been a long, difficult and uncertain one, and by no means complete, because no one really knows for sure if what he is attempting to do is actually humanly possible. But he is attempting it.

He just finished his first competition two days ago. It was the Volvo Open Cup in Riga, Latvia, a minor competition, but an international one. For the results, scroll up to the top of this page. :)

bestskate8

On the Ice
Well done Plushenko!:clap:
Plushenko missed one combo in second half, it was 3s-2A, or something like that last year, so his TES could be higher.
He got bounce points for five jumping passes in second half of the program. It is well balanced program now. Quality of his skating second to none, so smooth, so mature and well deserved PSC if you compare to others from today. At list Plushenko always has meaningful transitions.:p

That rink was couple of meters short, probably he had to adjust his skating.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Well done Plushenko!:clap:
Plushenko missed one combo in second half, it was 3s-2A, or something like that last year, so his TES could be higher.
He got bounce points for five jumping passes in second half of the program. It is well balanced program now. Quality of his skating second to none, so smooth, so mature and well deserved PSC if you compare to others from today. At list Plushenko always has meaningful transitions.:p

That rink was couple of meters short, probably he had to adjust his skating.

he plans 4S to his programs.

^ are you coming this year to Euros or Sochi :)?

me, only to Euros..we will meet ;)