Evgeni Plushenko | Page 30 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Glad you are feeling better. :)

Thanks for the updates and clarification whitebambo.

Yes, thank you, your kindness gave me good feelings too. I love the kind persons, I'm sure if everybody would be kind the world and life also would be more nice and happy..I think the kindness is so easy...

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Whitebamboo, why do not you write your thoughts here, you shared with us on Plushy's website? Smart and great thoughts indeed.

whitebamboo

On the Ice
Whitebamboo, why do not you write your thoughts here, you shared with us on Plushy's website? Smart and great thoughts indeed.

Thank you!

I am on my phone now, so I cannot copy the link, or anything. Plus, my thought still change every day, every hour...But it will eventually settle.

Right now, I want to say, please don't be mad at Mishin. He is also trying to do him very best in a difficult situation. There are a lot of information we don't have right now.

The last days, I've been also trying to think, to figure out what is happening. Maybe I wasn't thinking very clearly due to the emotions. Right now, I think I can accept it if Evgeni does not compete in Sochi. I don't necessarily think that it's for the best, myself, and I won't deny that it will still hurt, but I can accept it. But that is the case, I hope that one day, he will be find it possible to tell about everything that happened, from his point of view. And that everything can be said. Then people can make their judgements.

I can only say, in my post above explaining his statement that he would only compete at the team competition, that it was in response to a direct question immediately after his LP, when he was obviously in a very emotional state. I don't have the link right now (I can find it later if needed), but the question was, I think this is pretty close to the wording: "You are not going to the Euros. What event will you choose, the team or the individual competition?" Evgeni confirmed that he will not go to the Euros (later, he would say that he was reconsidering), and said that he has considered it, and he chooses the team competition.

Maybe I am crazy, or I am looking for things, but think about what could have prompted such a question, said this way, at that moment.

whitebamboo

On the Ice
I know that a lot of people are criticizing Evgeni right now, in part because of that statement. Most of them do not know the situation, maybe some of them are deliberate. That's why I am so thankful to the posters on this forum who read my attempt at explanation, even if they are not Evgeni's fans.

Fans can be disappointed or upset at what happened with his LP this time. But there is no use to dwell upon what might have been by now. I just want to say that, do not doubt his character. I have never been as convinced of this as now. If he were the person some haters imagined, things would be easier for him right now.

If he does not compete at Sochi, it will not be because he did not do everything in his power. Maybe they made mistakes, but that's human. Please believe this.

He has already proven everything to me, personally.

Maybe it does not matter what we say on an internet forum. I only hope that people in Russia understand this, and understand him.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I m not disappointed for his results, I think he has done already unhuman things and I really admire him for this, I was more shocked about how he would get the outcome really, I guess as we fans, he wouldnt expect RN to be such a result. Truth is what made me sadder is that he is not deserving this last skate, if it is the last. If he is not in Sochi he will be greatly missed but I m kinda relieved he wont push himself so hard for this to happen.
I d never doubt someone's character from what media want to portray them,not from interviews, besides he is an athlete, I have talked to him so many times and he is so friendly and polite, and what surprises me more is that after all the fans worldwide, he remembers people and personally addresses them.
I dont know why but truth is russians are more harsh on him than international fans.

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I know that a lot of people are criticizing Evgeni right now, in part because of that statement. Most of them do not know the situation, maybe some of them are deliberate. That's why I am so thankful to the posters on this forum who read my attempt at explanation, even if they are not Evgeni's fans.

Fans can be disappointed or upset at what happened with his LP this time. But there is no use to dwell upon what might have been by now. I just want to say that, do not doubt his character. I have never been as convinced of this as now. If he were the person some haters imagined, things would be easier for him right now.

If he does not compete at Sochi, it will not be because he did not do everything in his power. Maybe they made mistakes, but that's human. Please believe this.

Maybe it does not matter what we say on an internet forum. I only hope that people in Russia understand this, and understand him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0ulWzmUD2M&t=2m55s in Russian,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQVwJC7kR48&t=00m40s in Russian, but those were the moments when he was asked about Sochi..

phaeljones

On the Ice

Plushenko is the greatest of all time. He has been a wonderful and generous mentor (and will continue to be I believe) to younger skaters like Hanyu. So so generous. In everything (skating and character), I always have admired him as the cream of the cream. That he came back and went as far as he did after having his surgery is a tremendous accomplishment I doubt that anyone else could have done. Yup, one of a kind and great. When I heard his statement, I understood it as his having been trapped in a moment. The haters have colored it wrongly, but that is the nature of a hater and so predictable. His statement was not as they claimed it to be.

Time, and wear and tear, may rob Plushenko of his ability to compete, but it will never rob him of his great character. And that will be great forever.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plushenko is the greatest of all time. He has been a wonderful and generous mentor (and will continue to be I believe) to younger skaters like Hanyu. So so generous. In everything (skating and character), I always have admired him as the cream of the cream. That he came back and went as far as he did after having his surgery is a tremendous accomplishment I doubt that anyone else could have done. Yup, one of a kind and great. When I heard his statement, I understood it as his having been trapped in a moment. The haters have colored it wrongly, but that is the nature of a hater and so predictable. His statement was not as they claimed it to be.

Time, and wear and tear, may rob Plushenko of his ability to compete, but it will never rob him of his great character. And that will be great forever.

thank you. my english is awful, but it was written my every thoughts and feelings by you and Whitebamboo.... thank you again..

whitebamboo

On the Ice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0ulWzmUD2M&t=2m55s in Russian,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQVwJC7kR48&t=00m40s in Russian, but those were the moments when he was asked about Sochi..

Thank you for the video links! And here is the news report.

I do want to say that in addition to looking at Evgeni's answer, and now that we know he did not understand the true state of the rules, I also want to ask people to stop a moment and think about the question, why would a reporter ask it at that moment, in that way. Think about Piseev's first reaction, and then the second (as I mentioned in my post above, #574). Then each person can draw his or her own conclusions.

There's been a lot of negativity against Evgeni in the Russian press, even before the RN. Plenty of people were rooting for him to fail. He did not, and does not deserve that. I only pray that people in Russia, at least some of them, will see through that.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Thank you for the video links! And here is the news report.

I do want to say that in addition to looking at Evgeni's answer, and now that we know he did not understand the true state of the rules, I also want to ask people to stop a moment and think about the question, why would a reporter ask it at that moment, in that way. Think about Piseev's first reaction, and then the second (as I mentioned in my post above, #574). Then each person can draw his or her own conclusions.

There's been a lot of negativity against Evgeni in the Russian press, even before the RN. Plenty of people were rooting for him to fail. He did not, and does not deserve that. I only pray that people in Russia, at least some of them, will see through that.

Some journalists wrote against Evgeni in Russian press, for ex. Vaitsekhovskaya, who is a Tarasova "fan". Tarasova is a strong and crafty player...
But Evgen became the Athlete of the year 2013. Plushy beat Isimbayeva( she is world champion in 2013) and Ovechkin.

I think this is so cute..I hope Plushy could find his peace..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH8DlM_wH3g Sacha and Plushy yesterday.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Yes...You remember that Maya Plisetskaya herself, who once spoke of Evgeni "as a fan", thought of how he reminded her of Alexander Godunov?

This( in 2006 I think):

PLUSHENKO: HANDSOME AND UNREACHABLE

E.S. - I cannot not ask you about Plushenko.

M.P.- He is our favourite. He is so good that it looks like nobody can beat him. I can't imagine who can be better. He is a master, a great master who does everything beautifully, brilliantly and artistically. Also, he always looks so confident that we, his fans, cannot be not confident. He skates like an artist who knows that he is the best. Other skaters think that they are good too, but they have doubts and get nervous. Plushenko on the contrary always knows that he is much better than others, and he convinces all of us in it. He not just "works" on ice, he dances on ice masterly, and that is a wonderful thing to see.

E.S.- What do you think about his appearance?

M.P.- I think his appearance is fine. He is tall, striking, with a handsome body and long arms. He is not some cute guy from the postcard, thanks god he is not!, but he has the perfect face for the stage. The ice is the stage too.

E.S.- Who does he remind you among ballet dancers?

M.P.- He looks like Godunov, the Russian ballet dancer. The same type- tall, handsome, self-confident, with long waving in the wind and pirouettes blond hair. In ballet he would be perfect at parts performed by Godunov. He has the temperament and virtuosity for that."

Gigi13

On the Ice

I agree fully, I admire Plushenko and I think he is a role model for all male figure skaters, I will continue to support him in his future endeavors. I really admire him as a person and a skater :)

whitebamboo

On the Ice