Evgeni Plushenko | Page 43 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

aschiutza

On the Ice

aschiutza

On the Ice
If I was Plushenko, i would keep also the screws and they would be as precious memory as the medals. To go over your fear of jumping and skating witht htose screws in your back it would have been such a vitory in itsself, more than a medal could be. I think many people still didn't understand what strenght and fight must have been to come back with that things in your back! And what a comeback!

Alain

Match Penalty
The full documentary is now on Youtube. :yay: It's 53 minutes, not 3 hours long. The first part is at the skating rink. Miyu is a very impressive little skater and of course it's a huge thrill to see Plushy back on the ice. Then we get a full tour of his house, which takes quite awhile. :laugh: Near the end, Miyu tries on his medals and he talks a bit about his history, I guess, and about Yuzuru and Mao. I do wish we could have heard him speaking instead of the voiceover...not that I understand Russian any better than Japanese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeLycSwlZlQ
It's a very positive documentry. Plushenko looks great and healthy. Miyu is adorable. But Sasha is the best. :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
What ? Miyu's father is Takeshi Honda???:jaw: Oh I loved him! He was so cute and a very good skater..:agree:
I don't think they are related. Honda is a commonly seen Japanese surname, as well Takahashi, Suzuki, Murakami.
Hanyu is a rare surname, though.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
It's a very positive documentry. Plushenko looks great and healthy. Miyu is adorable. But Sasha is the best. :)

When Sasha was dancing, I recognized the music as Dima Bilan's. :laugh: I wouldn't know who Dima is if it were not for Plushenko...but I like his music now.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
The guy being a TV show host makes sense. He has the crazy enthusiasm that seems unique to Asian TV show hosts. :biggrin:

I haven't found any info of Miyu being related to Takeshi. They didn't mention it in the 50-minute part of the documentary either. Would've been cool if that were the case (Takeshi was one of the third wheels during the rivalry days :laugh:) but anyhow, really great documentary. One of the women watching was crying near the end of it.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
@aschiutza and @plushyfan: My apologies. :eek::I don't know whether I have read the information Takeshi is the father of the Honda skater siblings somewhere or simply made the (wrong) assumption as they share the same surname. Should have doublechecked first (cardinal rule in my field). I was informed by mikaboo over at the Team Japan thread that Honda is a common surname in Japan. She said she couldn't find any info on Miyu and her 4 siblings' father except that he is an ordinary "salaryman" and that Takeshi is only 33 years old, so too young to be the father of Miyu's big brother Taichi who is 15.

To make amends, I'm posting this link to the video titled "From Plushenko to Hanyu" (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1dfc5h_from-plushenko-to-hanyu_lifestyle) which was uploaded with this blurb: "Hanyu was longing to skate on the same ice rink with Plushenko since he was a kid. And now, his dream came true, but Hanyu had no way of knowing this would be the first and the last chance..." (now that may not be true anymore).

The video is a little dated as it was done right after Yuzuru won Olympic gold and it is in Japanese, but I think it is worth watching as it has footage of Yuzuru acting like a starstruck fan watching his idol during practice (3:30) and at the latter's Team LP performance (4:37), evidently anxious for and willing him to do well.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
^Not a big deal, Maria. Everyone makes mistakes. Professional journalists have made much, much worse mistakes than yours. :scowl:

I've seen parts of that clip, but it's good to see the whole thing together. Lots of painful moments (Plush's withdrawal, Yuzu's falls...), but in the end I felt happy for Yuzu. While at the time I found the men's free extremely disappointing and wanted them to save all the medals for the women (lol), it's impossible not to love Yuzu. Such a sweet, talented, kid.

I'm sure Yuzu will compete with Plush again--at Japan Open! Not sure about other competitions...

Meoima

Match Penalty
Plushy surely is an inspiring character! He has given us so much. I hope he will stay healthy. The part where he showed the broken screws they took out of his back, I was so shock. I didn't know the screws in his back would be THAT big. :cry:

Alain

Match Penalty
Some people keep their stones like from a kidney. It's not uncommon. Those screws are scary huge. Good to know that Sasha is having fun with them.;)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Those screws are very memorable. When those are broken that was a very important, famous or "infamous" moment in Plushy's life. I understand Plushy.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Hi guys! Plushy sent this tweet for us

Evgeni Plushenko ‏@EvgeniPlushenko 1h

This heart for my fans #maldives @ Velaa Private Island Maldives http://instagram.com/p/n3Awtzmy1I/ thank you Plush! ;)

more tweets today..

Paradise #maldives @ Velaa Private Island Maldives http://instagram.com/p/n3BvP1Gy3f/

Evgeni Plushenko ‏@EvgeniPlushenko 8h

Хорошо загар пошел #maldives @ Velaa Private Island Maldives http://instagram.com/p/n2VD4Smy5X/

Как Вам моя новая яхта ? ( How do you like my new yacht? ) #maldives @ Velaa Private Island Maldives http://instagram.com/p/n3FdEtmywQ/

Meoima

Match Penalty
Thank you Plushyfan!! It's good to know that Plushy is enjoying sunshine in Maldives. It's also extremely hot in my place and I only long for the winter! :cry:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really dig that new yacht. The size alone blew me away :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Woah, wonderful pics! I especially love the one with the heart. Reminds me of Yulia's SP (minus the "horrible wind comes and blows it away" part, hopefully). And his hair in the sunlight. :love: Ahem.

It's growing sunny here too. Leapt from winter right into summer with no spring, as usual.