Evgeni Plushenko | Page 62 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I'm watching the video now (been waiting all day for it...yes, I am obsessed!) Gorgeous performance of Storm. Afterwards he said in the interview that he is sure he won't compete as an amateur "this season"...not ruling anything out in the future for now, I guess. I'm glad, though, that he isn't trying to push himself to do too much, too soon.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Wonderful! Thank you, Meoima, for the link.

I love how he added his trademark step sequence in lieu of a spin after the jumps in Storm. Better to not stick with the same competition layout when it's not a competition. ;)

Sad they cut off everyone except Yuzu, Johnny, and Plushy. I wanted to see more of Honda. His jump in the opening was huge--maybe Plushy can convince him to return to competition too? :laugh: (Oops, this isn't the crazy predictions thread).

I can't decide who is more amazing--Japanese fans or Plushy himself. Incredible that he got such a response despite being a last-minute announcement (thus, none of the people who bought tickets were necessarily Plushenko fans).

Esopian

Final Flight
I haven't watched the video of TOI, but they didn't show Javier or Tomas in the broadcast? :eek: Even though I'm glad they didn't cut Plushenko, I'm sad that they cut out other skaters' performances.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
They showed Javi, Tomas, and Takeshi briefly. Enough to get a sense of what the type of program they skated, but not the whole routine.

Meoima

Match Penalty
They showed Javi, Tomas, and Takeshi briefly. Enough to get a sense of what the type of program they skated, but not the whole routine.
The broadcast was just 47 minutes so they have to cut out a lot. What a pity but it's local channel so it couldn't be helped. I am glad they kept Plushy's program, though. :)

mikaboo

Medalist
They were going to broadcast it live initially, but then they changed it to a different date and shorter time. I wonder what the problem was. Maybe music rights?

Edit:
http://instagram.com/p/pnEtADlSB2/
I guess Yana has gone back to Russia alone and is encouraging Plushy with the 3A if Google translate is not totally wrong :eek:

Fly home alone, very missed the children and the work does not wait! Tokyo does not sleep, and Moscow is boiling! Zhenchik, I'll miss you! Good for you and show 3, 5 axels in each of them! Flying, as always beloved by Aeroflot, by the way, (for reference), I really just fly by this company, I like all innovations and relevant to each passenger! Menus, movies on board, and even the fact that the overpayment for extra baggage is not as monstrous as other airlines in the world. Goodbye, Tokyo, will miss, thank you all so much for the Japanese fans: gifts, flowers and attention to me! Very moved, once again all that you do for me and Jenny! Love and see you soon again! ❤ ️ 👍 🇯 🇵 # japan # plushenko # Aeroflot

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Two simultaneous reactions:

1) Nooo, don't encourage him, Yana, if you encourage the 3A he'll do the 4T. :slink:

2) Nooo, Yana, you need to stay to record his triple axel! We still don't have footage of the first one!

Well, at least we got confirmation he won't be competing next season. That's a relief.

How many shows does he have left (how many 3As, lol)? Are any of them going to be broadcast? I want to see him to a spreadeagle with Yuzu!

mikaboo

Medalist
Two simultaneous reactions:

1) Nooo, don't encourage him, Yana, if you encourage the 3A he'll do the 4T. :slink:

2) Nooo, Yana, you need to stay to record his triple axel! We still don't have footage of the first one!

Well, at least we got confirmation he won't be competing next season. That's a relief.

How many shows does he have left (how many 3As, lol)? Are any of them going to be broadcast? I want to see him to a spreadeagle with Yuzu!

As of now, he has 4 3As to do at Dreams on Ice left but they keep on inviting him for more so who knows.
DOI will be broadcasted on June 29 after midnight. :rock:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
As of now, he has 4 3As to do at Dreams on Ice left but they keep on inviting him for more so who knows.
DOI will be broadcasted on June 29 after midnight. :rock:
Okay, four triple axels... hang in there, Plushy! (Lol, he's already been to three shows unannounced. Nothing to stop a fourth one from happening).

Oh yes! Broadcast! Forget the 3A, I want to see my Plushy & Mushy pairs team add more elements. :yes:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Okay, four triple axels... hang in there, Plushy! (Lol, he's already been to three shows unannounced. Nothing to stop a fourth one from happening).
Oh yes! Broadcast! Forget the 3A, I want to see my Plushy & Mushy pairs team add more elements. :yes:
Being their fans is like taking roller coaster over and over again since they are soooo stubborn. :bang:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Aww, the Japanese fans shouting "Zhenya!" So heartwarming.

I don't understand the triple axels either. Maybe he's trying to stick it to Yagudin? :think::laugh:

I love the first image shown in the news report. It's the final pose in the Opera on Ice version of Tosca, right? Such a powerful performance...

---
I found these videos recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18i-vO6x_I4 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6P6y6AZ6No Can't believe my eyes. Take that, Tara Lipinski! :laugh:

LRK

Record Breaker
Being their fans is like taking roller coaster over and over again since they are soooo stubborn. :bang:

That reminds me of a scene in Babylon 5:

Elric: "You don't frighten easily."
Vir: "I work for Ambassador Mollari. After a while nothing bothers you."

We'll either all end up nervous wrecks - or totally immune to any alarms. "What doesn't kill you makes you stroner", I suppose... ;)

Meoima

Match Penalty
That reminds me of a scene in Babylon 5:
Elric: "You don't frighten easily."
Vir: "I work for Ambassador Mollari. After a while nothing bothers you."
We'll either all end up nervous wrecks - or totally immune to any alarms. "What doesn't kill you makes you stroner", I suppose... ;)
At least it's good to know that Plushy will bot compete next season. Maybe he gets that 3A back just to...show-off. We all know out boy so well. :laugh: but he has no thing in his back now so I think he will be fine. :)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I was there at that night,
and I still think he could be able to succeed combination jumps,
if the link was bigger than that.
The link was so small that everyone had trouble to get enough speed, for my eyes.

Jealous!

I'm curious, did Johnny, Tomas, Javier, etc. only have one individual performance apiece? The tv program seemed heavily edited. How much did they leave out?

Meoima

Match Penalty
Jealous!
I'm curious, did Johnny, Tomas, Javier, etc. only have one individual performance apiece? The tv program seemed heavily edited. How much did they leave out?
The show had 2 part, each skaters performed 2 programs except Plushy, we also have to count the intermission and the band live performance, the opening and the end group skate. I guess more than 2 hours. And they only broadcasted 45 minutes. :think: so quite a lot I think.