Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA (RUS)
Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE)
Gracie GOLD (USA)
Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA)
Caroline ZHANG (USA)

IleK

On the Ice
Go, Valentina! :)

Valentina is reborn this year and has 2 beautiful programs. I hope she can repeat her 4th place from last GP. I am rooting for mai fav Kiira (hoping for silver) and also for Adelina (she might win here), Gracie (maybe bronze?) and Valentina in 4th. But there are also Alena whom I ve never liked and Kanako whose programs doesn't move me at all this year but she is very constant and can easily make the podium.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
This is the weakest field; mainly because the medallist is Leonova. it will be interesting to see what happens. Gracie has another chance to show her stuff. I kind of wish Valentina does well because I think she kind of got cheated in the past when the Italian federation chose Kostner over her for I believe the olympics but at least a worlds.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
This should be interesting events as we have Kanako, Adelina and Korppi all with a bronze. Who ever win this event will get a spot in final. Silver might be enought too, depending on how the remaing two events play out.

bluesky85

On the Ice
Honestly, I am really not sure what will happen here. Adelina and Gracie has the highest difficulty levels in jumps and if they can perform well, they can take gold and silver. I can see Adelina slowly getting back to her old self, but I have only seen Gracie once in a major senior event this season (in Canada, which wasn't her best performance at all), so I cannot be sure. She might do well as in junior grand prix last season or she might not as in Skate Canada International. There are also Kiira Korpi, Kanako Murakami, and Alena Leonova who can be medal contenders. Also Valentina has consistently shown solid programs, so she might be a dark horse. The ladies field is not very deep here at the very top, but there are also many good skaters who are capable of doing very well but who might also show poor performances. So it is very difficult to guess... In any case, I wish all the skaters the best :)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Looking at the list again all the ladies could medal realistically although Viktoria H would probably be the biggest surprise. And if the russian ladies don't skate well it is possible there will be no Russian lady in the GPF.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Looking at the list again all the ladies could medal realistically although Viktoria H would probably be the biggest surprise. And if the russian ladies don't skate well it is possible there will be no Russian lady in the GPF.

Julia has silver already, she has 177 points, all she needs is just a bronze, Adelina is 50/50 but Julia not qualifying ? doubt it
I dont see Zhang or Helgesson medaling despite there is no front runner in this field

Last edited:

gioccia

On the Ice
It's hard to make predictions coz they are not consistent, all of them.

Kiira KORPI (FIN) can medal, doubt that she'll win, as a rule she can't cope with the LP
Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) no way they'll let her win here, she can medal if the rest stumble
Alena LEONOVA (RUS) she can medal if she's clean
Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) can win if she has minor errors, the judged will give her more than she deserves
Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA (RUS) a dark horse
Gracie GOLD (USA) can medal or win
Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) can medal

My dream- to see Adelina skate clean.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Julia has silver already, she has 177 points, all she needs is just a bronze, Adelina is 50/50 but Julia not qualifying ? doubt it
I dont see Zhang or Helgesson medaling despite there is no front runner in this field

So far, the most likely to get into the GPF are:

Wagner (188.37)
Asada (181.76)
Lipnitskaia (177.92)

There are still 3 events left, but provided that these three skate clean at their next GP, they'll be locks for Sochi in December.

b-man

Final Flight
Only Wagner is skating strong and consistent so far. Wagner and Asada are virtual locks. Without Kostner and Ando, the fields are not nearly as strong as originally announced. I would guess Adelina would be the favorite here. This is the only GP, other than Skate Am, with 3 US ladies. Gold and Zhang got 151 and 149 in their first GP, both can do better and will need to do better to medal. This will be Agnis's first GP this year.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
ForeverFish said:
So far, the most likely to get into the GPF are:

Wagner (188.37)
Asada (181.76)
Lipnitskaia (177.92)

I'd say Suzuki is rather certain to make it too - 2nd place with 175+ score, plus NHK doesn't have the strongest ladies field. Suzuki should rather easily manage to get at least a second silver.
Lipnitskaya has really good chances too, that's true.

A silver might not be enough for Adelina, it depends on how the other ladies do... Christina G. might make the Final too, if she gets on the podium at TEB. And if Ashley meese up (what I don't think will happen, but you never know) and Christina and Julia are 1. + 2. Adelina is pretty much out. If it depends on the scores between Adelina and Christina/Julia, by now she'd lose. And she needs 174+ points to beat Christina at least. Silver for Adelina here would mean a pretty close call, I'd just prefer to have her win :)

Slowdive

On the Ice
I expect Adelina to do well here.
She seems to hold her nerves better on home soil.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
From now, final looks like Wagner, Asada, Suzuki, Lipnitskaya, Gao and Sotnikova. Who else may have chance? Murakami of course and Korpi though her chance is lesser I think. TEB is the competition where it will be mostly determined (Wagner, Lipnitskaya, Gao and Tuk competing there.) I want to see more than 6 skaters at GPF... Then we could also have Elizaveta in the final maybe. She needs first place to have the chance to qualify right?

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Yes, Liza would need to be 1st. If she does, her chances would be pretty good, since 1st + 4th is better than 2nd + 3rd, and she might qualify over Christina then - except Christina manages to defeat Ashley and Julia for 2nd. I'd love to see Liza at the final, but her chances are pretty slim by now.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
I agree with those who think that the final will be the following:

Wagner
Asada
Suzuki
Sotnikova
Lipinski
Gao