Different 3-3s | Golden Skate

Different 3-3s

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I was watching Shelepen's recent performances, and I found out that she attempted FOUR different 3-3s in the last competitions:
3T+3T (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_89D8fhNRc&feature=relmfu)
3S+3T (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcnQ-hIJsIg)
3Lz+3T (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcnQ-hIJsIg)
3Lz+3Lo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlBllbnRZC0 And, I don't remember where, but I saw her landing it earlier this season: she fell, but it looked fully rotated!)
Could she be the lady who landed (even if not perfectly) the highest numer of different 3-3s? Adelina landed three of them (3T+3T, 3Lz+3T and 3Lz+3Lo), the same Liza (3T+3T, 3S+3T, 3Lz+3T), Kostner (3F+3T, 3Lz+3T, 3T+3T) and Yu-Na (the same as Carolina)... Do you remember any other lady who landed more than three different 3-3s? :think::popcorn:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I was watching Shelepen's recent performances, and I found out that she attempted FOUR different 3-3s in the last competitions:
3T+3T (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_89D8fhNRc&feature=relmfu)
3S+3T (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcnQ-hIJsIg)
3Lz+3T (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcnQ-hIJsIg)
3Lz+3Lo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlBllbnRZC0 And, I don't remember where, but I saw her landing it earlier this season: she fell, but it looked fully rotated!)
Could she be the lady who landed (even if not perfectly) the highest numer of different 3-3s? Adelina landed three of them (3T+3T, 3Lz+3T and 3Lz+3Lo), the same Liza (3T+3T, 3S+3T, 3Lz+3T), Kostner (3F+3T, 3Lz+3T, 3T+3T) and Yu-Na (the same as Carolina)... Do you remember any other lady who landed more than three different 3-3s? :think::popcorn:

Shiz did 3Lz-3T 3T-3T 3Sal-3T and 3Sal-3Loop in competitions.
She had the 3Lz-3Loop but never put them in.
She also had the 3T3T3Loop or 3Sal3T3Loop in practice.

I know for sure that Midori Ito landed 3t-3t, 3lz-3t, and 3a-3t in competitions. I think she also landed 3loop-3loop in sp some times, but I don't remember exactly. She sure was a pioneer, and I've felt often sorry that figure skating back then wasn't really ready for her.

Country
Russia
Elena Radionova lands 3Lz+3 and 3Lo+1Lo+3S (at Cup of Russia III she landed both in FS).
Past season she landed 3Lo+3T in SP (solo 3Lz was needed in Junior SP that season).

She also lands 3S+3T at practice and warm-up, being younger she made it at competitions.

I believe, earlier she landed also 3T+3T (simplest 3+3), but I can not find so early protocols.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Shiz did 3Lz-3T 3T-3T 3Sal-3T and 3Sal-3Loop in competitions.
She had the 3Lz-3Loop but never put them in.
She also had the 3T3T3Loop or 3Sal3T3Loop in practice.
I know about 3Lz+3T and 3S+3T, but 3S+3Lo... when?

gkelly

Record Breaker
I know about 3Lz+3T and 3S+3T, but 3S+3Lo... when?

2001 Skate America, but the loop would have been downgraded under IJS.

As, indeed, would be true of many triple loop combinations before and since.

Slutskaya did 3S+3Lo, 3T+3T, and 3Lz+3Lo in competition. I had seen her attempting 3Lo+3Lo in practice once, way back in 1995, but I don't think it was ready for competition yet and apparently never got there. She did do 3Lo+2Lo fairly often.

Last edited:
Country
Russia
Lipnitskaia at competitions jumps only 3T+3T and 3Lz+3T.
At practice she jumps all combos with 3T and 3Lo as second jump.
Once she skated FS at practice and landed 3F+3T instead of 3F+2T, i.e. third 3T.
Eteri stopped her skating and not hearing Julia's "I only wanted to test can I do it" taught her "never, never, never!!! make invalid elements in program".

MoonlightSkater

On the Ice
Elena Radionova lands 3Lz+3 and 3Lo+1Lo+3S (at Cup of Russia III she landed both in FS).
Past season she landed 3Lo+3T in SP (solo 3Lz was needed in Junior SP that season).

She also lands 3S+3T at practice and warm-up, being younger she made it at competitions.

I believe, earlier she landed also 3T+3T (simplest 3+3), but I can not find so early protocols.

This is getting nit-picky, but that's 3Lo-1/2 Lo- 3S. It has to be a 1/2 Loop to land on the proper foot for the Salchow takeoff.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This is getting nit-picky, but that's 3Lo-1/2 Lo- 3S. It has to be a 1/2 Loop to land on the proper foot for the Salchow takeoff.

Yep. But for some reason, they just count it as a 1Lo on the protocol sheets. Anyone know why?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Gracie has landed the following this season:
3F-3T (Skate Detroit SP)
3Z-3T (Skate Detroit FS; Skate Detroit FS [final round]; SLC FS; Skate Canada FS)
3F-1L(1/2L)-3S (Skate Detroit FS [Final round]; SLC FS)

I hope she can land all three combos at the same competition.

Slowdive

On the Ice
I want to see a skater do a 3T or 3Z-2A combo (or is that humanly possible)?
Actually I was thinking about this the other day (combos in general).
I didn't know how frequently a skater performed either a loop, toe-loop or salchow as the second part of a combo (ie. which is the preferred attached jump on a combo).

Country
Russia
Yes, it is Half loop, or Euler jump. In protocols (only if it is middle jump of 3-jumps combo) it is written and scored as 1Lo. In other cases it is unlisted jump.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Actually I was thinking about this the other day (combos in general).
I didn't know how frequently a skater performed either a loop, toe-loop or salchow as the second part of a combo (ie. which is the preferred attached jump on a combo).
The toeloop is obviously the easiest because of the position of your left leg in the landing (I'm a figure skater, so I can tell you this!), but some skaters (Mao, Miki for example) prefer the loop, especially in the 3-3s. And, I usually consider 3-3s just the ones with the toeloop or the loop, the ones with the salchow were considered SEQ under the IJS 'till 2010, now they're 3-jumps combos, but doing a 2-jumps 3-3 is definitely more difficult!

Country
Russia
Yep. But for some reason, they just count it as a 1Lo on the protocol sheets. Anyone know why?
Because ISU solved so.
It is made to have a wider variety of combos. 1Lo has low enough score (base 0.5), and it is called 1Lo to not make one more name and string in Scale of Values.

Slowdive

On the Ice
The toeloop is obviously the easiest because of the position of your left leg in the landing (I'm a figure skater, so I can tell you this!), but some skaters (Mao, Miki for example) prefer the loop, especially in the 3-3s. And, I usually consider 3-3s just the ones with the toeloop or the loop, the ones with the salchow were considered SEQ under the IJS 'till 2010, now they're 3-jumps combos, but doing a 2-jumps 3-3 is definitely more difficult!

Thanks for the info!
What's SEQ?

Country
Russia
2A+2A, 3T+2A, 3S+2A, 3Lo+2A are often enough. But these are not combos, but sequences (i.e. base value is 20% lower). Always if Axel-type jump is not first in Combo, Combo is treated as Sequence.

Country
Russia
What's SEQ?
"A jump sequence may consist of any number of jumps of any number of revolutions that may be linked by non-listed jumps and/or hops immediately following each other while maintaining the jump rhythm (knee); there can be no turns/steps (not even as an entry into a jump), crossovers or stroking during the sequence (Turns are three turns, twizzles, brackets, loops, counters, rockers. Steps are toe steps, chasses, mohawks, choctaws, curves with change of edge, cross-rolls)."

Base value of sequence is 20% lower than combo or solo jump.