2012 Cup of China Ladies Long Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2012 Cup of China Ladies Long Program

Medusa

Record Breaker
I am more and more worried about Mao's jumps. 3 Flips got downgraded in the competition and she cannot even land a 2A-3T without <<.

Is this still the girl who could perform 3A and two 3-3 in one program?

Well, to be fair - this competition was pretty much download galore. Mao still had the second highest TES. And nobody else skates this prettily.

Well, to be fair - this competition was pretty much download galore. Mao still had the second highest TES. And nobody else skates this prettily.

I agree with you though. Still early and she was really a beaut to watch.

mikeko666

Final Flight

Her 3Fs were definitely UR. 3F is supposed to be her favorite jump.

mary01

Final Flight
even with the mistakes her TES was the second highest, and I would have given her more in PCS she really was a league on her own! :love:

L

lowtherlore

even with the mistakes her TES was the second highest, and I would have given her more in PCS she really was a league on her own! :love:

That's a pretty low standard. It was nothing special. And huge PCS for that skate.

loren

Rinkside
Where is Mao who was a fighter back in 2010 world championship? She looked so scared here.. and PCS seemed a bit high compared to Ashley's confident free program in SA..

mary01

Final Flight
That's a pretty low standard. It was nothing special. And huge PCS for that skate.

true, she did give away a lot of points which is why her score is soo low compared to her usual standard, but her program was still the best! and i think the calls today was probably caused by her being nervous. but it's still only the beginning of the season!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Where is Mao who was a fighter back in 2010 world championship? She looked so scared here.. and PCS seemed a bit high compared to Ashley's confident free program in SA..

I would rather have Mao peak at the World Championships then at Cup of China

gmyers

Record Breaker
Mao won but I can't believe how bad she did on jumps! Shes at that pcs level that kostner was at that makes hard jumps almost irrelevent and she could win worlds and everything but her jump level is so terrible. I mean she used to do a triple axel! Now with urs she is like a doubler!! Wow Mao is just going to be a Kostner with jumps. But That is COP. Jumps shmumps lol

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Mao won but I can't believe how bad she did on jumps! Shes at that pcs level that kostner was at that makes hard jumps almost irrelevent and she could win worlds and everything but her jump level is so terrible. I mean she used to do a triple axel! Now with urs she is like a doubler!! Wow Mao is just going to be a Kostner with jumps. But That is COP. Jumps shmumps lol

that's not that bad Carolina can win with no lutz and Miki with a mere 5 triple jump
I do agree the ladies Technical content currently is regressing/atrocious thats why I'm desperate for Kim to come back or one of the younger ladies to step it up

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
loren said:
She looked so scared here.. and PCS seemed a bit high compared to Ashley's confident free program in SA..

What exactly do you think is scored in PCS? The most determined look on one's face?

I'm so, so happy for Mao! I think she said herself she's not an early season skater, and she just wants to be as good as possible. Her main goal is probably to make the GPF, hence the conservative layout. Better safe than sorry - she's pretty definitly going to bring the 3A back though. 2A is her first element in the SP, and the FS layout can easily be changed too I think (3Lo as a first jump should be replacable with 3A). But most of all: lovely skating, lovely program! Such pure beauty and Mao looked so light and fluent.

Julia showed nerves, but I guess that's fine. It was still a great debut, she shouldn't be that unhappy about it. I really don't like her jumps though - small, and today she had like no flow out of them at all... but she looked pretty nervous. maybe it's a good experience for her, although I don't think she's generally expecting to just win everything right away or something like that. She didn't look any bitter or unhappy when she lost to Adelina last year. Guess she was just not happy with herself, but I think she could!

Mirai is usually far from being my favorite, but I would have liked to see her over Kiira here... I think the tech panel was a little strict, pretty much on everyone but it certainly hurt Mirai most.

Zijun is beautiful to watch! I'm looking forward to seeing her again, great thate she went for the 3F-3T!

gmyers

Record Breaker
that's not that bad Carolina can win with no lutz and Miki with a mere 5 triple jump
I do agree the ladies Technical content currently is regressing/atrocious thats why I'm desperate for Kim to come back or one of the younger ladies to step it up

Julia had so many well done triples by the pcs was so poor. Maybe it will increase as the season goes on or sotnikova will get her jumps back or tuktamisheva will also get her jumps back but they need to also improve their pcs. It is such sad state and this Mao performance is dispiriting and a little disturbing.

yuki

Final Flight
Julia had so many well done triples by the pcs was so poor. Maybe it will increase as the season goes on or sotnikova will get her jumps back or tuktamisheva will also get her jumps back but they need to also improve their pcs. It is such sad state and this Mao performance is dispiriting and a little disturbing.

I see from earlier in the thread that you haven't watched Mao's program. Have you actually watched Julia's? She had mistakes on several jump passes and even the ones she did do were not up to her standard (although she was still better than Mao technically, mainly due to her greater base value, which is reflected in their respective TES scores). I don't really see why her PCS score should be higher for the performance she gave - it was fourth best of the competition, right after Mirai's.
I don't like it when skaters win based on PCS rather than TES, since there are always discussions about whether they deserved it or not. But in this case Mao was better overall, even with the technical content that she displayed. Had Julia landed her jumps the way she usually does, I'm sure she would have won it.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

Julia's PCS ( even her debut) is almost same as with Adelina, Elizaveta has the lowest PCS amongst the 3.
though I think the highest chance to increase her PCS is Adelina with Liza the lowest, judges seem to to prefer Julia and Adelina than to Liza

gmyers

Record Breaker
I see that julia had problems on some jumps and needed to be flawless on her completed jumps and all technical elements to beat a 3 triple Mao and needs to improve her pcs. But Julia did do more triples than Mao who did 3 total and jumps are not everything and you can be Mao and do 3 triples and win because of pcs and spins and goe.

Compared to Liza both Adelina And Julia do have better pcs. All of them need to improve that area if they want hopes of defeating 3 triple Mao or no lutz kostner and the pcs queens of skating for whom jumps are irrelevant to judges and cop