Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

alebi

Medalist
I saw some photos of Julia and Caro together but it was on Caro's instagram where she also encourage Julia for the future :)

Scott512

Record Breaker
glad yulia seemed ok with silver and not overall too scarred by the fall, which must be irking her at any rate. actually it was eteri who seemed more upset in the LP kiss n cry when the scores came.
3 of her last 4 programs have had falls. That has to stop. I didn't expect that. She may be tired but this can also develop into a bad habit. I do hope Yulia gets to rest this offseason and relax too so she can come back strong next year with a shorter season.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
There are no photos of Yulia and Mao, Caro together:confused: PS - you won't see anything unless you have a page on vk..
There are... I had to browse through a LOT of photos to get to them though.
They appear to be from the "small medals" ceremony.
Pogorilaya is in some of them too.

And yes, you have to sign up to vk, to see stuff on there...

PS. One of the photos is on Julia's instagram page (but Carolina is out of shot)

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I'm sorry if my question is stupid, but still: when will we know what music compositions she has chosen for her SP and FP for 14/15 season?

alebi

Medalist
don't know if already posted, but this is the pic I was talking about :)
http://instagram.com/p/kttWCLyomV/

I have some musics in my mind that I think are perfect for Julia... la plus que lente (valse) by Debussy for the SP and Ladies in lavender for the FP because they can enlighten her soft and gentle touch :love: (and don't require great interpretation which is right for a still so young skater :) )

Alba

Record Breaker
3 of her last 4 programs have had falls. That has to stop. I didn't expect that. She may be tired but this can also develop into a bad habit. I do hope Yulia gets to rest this offseason and relax too so she can come back strong next year with a shorter season.

It's Simon Reed (eurosport) fault. He said after she did the first combo: Someone should tell her that it's World Championship. :laugh:

Alba

Record Breaker
I'm sorry if my question is stupid, but still: when will we know what music compositions she has chosen for her SP and FP for 14/15 season?

If I'm not mistaken, most programs are being set in May I think?

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
One composer dedicated his play to Yulia. Eteri and Yulia like that piece, as they say, but they still haven't decided anything..

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I wonder if she'll do something classic next season. She said something like that but I can't remember where or when.

sajoya

On the Ice
I don't understand how people can ship them together. It's obvious that they aren't interested in one another. I'm not going to lie, they had their cute moments together, but to go as far as writing fanfics? :slink: Not just that but snap pictures with the two and edited hearts around them? :think: Can you imagine one of them coming across those pictures or fanfics and being like :confused: :frown: It would be awkward for them (Yulia is likely to see it since it happens on VK and Instagram... I don't know, it just really bothers me).

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't understand how people can ship them together. It's obvious that they aren't interested in one another. I'm not going to lie, they had their cute moments together, but to go as far as writing fanfics? :slink: Not just that but snap pictures with the two and edited hearts around them? :think: Can you imagine one of them coming across those pictures or fanfics and being like :confused: :frown: It would be awkward for them (Yulia is likely to see it since it happens on VK and Instagram... I don't know, it just really bothers me).
Hanyu does not have any social network account, he doesn't even know Russian and he is very bad at English. I bet even if he saw any thing mentioned the ship in English, he would not understand. So I hope he will never know (most likely)
Yulia is also bad at English. She does not know Japanese. So I hope she will never know.
:slink:

Anyways, I though Yulia only have an official Instagram? She also has a VK fan page? Is that VK official or just fan-made? If it's fan-made she might not pay attention to it. I hope so. Cause shipping real people is kinda crazy, and... inappropriate.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hanyu does not have an social network account, he doesn't even know Russian and he is very bad at English. So I hope he will never know (most likely)
Yulia is also bad at English. She does not know Japanese. So I hope she will never know.
:slink:

Anyways, I though Yulia only have an official Instagram? She also has a VK fan page? Is that VK official or just fan-made? If it's fan-made she might not pay attention to it. I hope so.

She has Instagram that she started right after Sochi. She also has a VK page that she started years ago and posts every so often. There are a few fan pages but one in particular that I follow has over 50,000 users. She must follow or know who runs it because she has posted their and vice versa. FYI she only has 43 friends on her personal page.

I don't think there is anything to worry about in terms of upsetting her. While Yuzuru is one of her favorites she makes no secret of the fact that she sometimes watches him practice and has shown up to watch him skate. She seems to say she wants to spend time in Japan increasingly more often too. Maybe it's a PR move to gain fans but I think she truely has a genuine admiration for him and his country. Maybe they'll play it up for a few more cheers...one thing I do really believe is that she is taking to Japan in the same way Japan is taking to her!

Meoima

Match Penalty
She has Instagram that she started right after Sochi. She also has a VK page that she started years ago and posts every so often. There are a few fan pages but one in particular that I follow has over 50,000 users. She must follow or know who runs it because she has posted their and vice versa. FYI she only has 43 friends on her personal page.

I don't think there is anything to worry about in terms of upsetting her. While Yuzuru is one of her favorites she makes no secret of the fact that she sometimes watches him practice and has shown up to watch him skate. She seems to say she wants to spend time in Japan increasingly more often too. Maybe it's a PR move to gain fans but I think she truely has a genuine admiration for him and his country. Maybe they'll play it up for a few more cheers...one thing I do really believe is that she is taking to Japan in the same way Japan is taking to her!
I hope she will most likely not know. And even if she see some thing on the internet, I hope it won't upset her as you said.

Come to think of it, Hanyu should be the one who find the whole situation awkward if he found out. There are thousands of fan girls ship him with lots of people you could never think of in your life time. Yulia is just one of the "victims":biggrin:. Actually Hanyu is the "main victim" of fan girls' fantasies.

There was times the tags of his name on tumblr went crazy with all the fanart/anime/manga comparison, and fan fics. And I can't read Kanji so I dare not venture into the Japanese fandom. I'm sure there are lots of weird/unbelievable stuffs there.

Some people said they are glad because Hanyu is blind when it comes to social network and he is very bad at English so he would likely never visit the sites to know the things people have fantasised and written about him. :laugh: I have to used the "ignore" button many times to block those people on tumblr.

Anyways, it's good that she loves Japan and intend to go there often. Japanese people love her so I believe she will be very welcome each time. If she joins an Ice Show in Japan, they would be crazily happy. :)

sajoya

On the Ice
True. Now Tumblr is the social network that they should stay away. People ship Yuzuru not only with Yulia, Mao, Kanako and Adelina BUT ALSO WITH THE MALE SKATERS! :laugh: Javier, Patrick, and much more. There was one time I came across a smut fanfic about Yuzuru/Patrick and I had to scroll down for my dear life. I don't mind people writing fanfics to satisfy their fantasies, but to do it with real people who obviously holds no such affections towards one another :slink: no, just no...

Her popularity in Japan is insane though. For her to know this, I hope she does join the Ice Show. Now that would be epic!