Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 60 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Do we know what music Yulia will be skating on next season?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The only one who will be smaller is Proklova who looks like might not even get to 5 foot. Just to get to that point would have to grow 4 inches and only has like two years of growing left.

Your're right about her....she is very very very very tiny. I don't think she's had a growth spurt yet either so well have to see what comes of that.

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
Indeed. She said she never did gymnastic and that here flexibility was natural.

:laugh:
Really though, if you go on the beach that makes you lose weight. However, the majority of people I know, like myself, lose weight in the summer because you also sweat more.

No she stretches for 45 minutes+ while training and has done so all along. So her flexibility is all the more amazing because it''s not natural: she works hard for it. I know saying that is sort of uncalled for but I think she deserves the credit for it when people everywhere else try to dismiss her by saying she's naturally flexible as if that's the only thing that's good about her skating, and if it's natural then it doesn't matter, when we all know it's the opposite.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I think flexibility--for any skater, not just Yulia--is a combination of genetics and work. Yulia has a natural advantage over someone like, say, Miki Ando, but Yulia still has to work hard to reach/maintain her peak flexibility. Then again, you always get exceptions--I know some people who started off somewhat stiff, but through hard work they became flexible enough to join dance companies.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think flexibility--for any skater, not just Yulia--is a combination of genetics and work. Yulia has a natural advantage over someone like, say, Miki Ando, but Yulia still has to work hard to reach/maintain her peak flexibility. Then again, you always get exceptions--I know some people who started off somewhat stiff, but through hard work they became flexible enough to join dance companies.
Shizuka Arakawa said that she was not flexible in the first place, but she worked hard and the result is she had the most beautiful inna bauer out of all the ladies. I think Yulia is natural flexible, but she also works very hard to maintain that, just like you said. What a precious and hard working girl! :love:

Alba

Record Breaker
No she stretches for 45 minutes+ while training and has done so all along. So her flexibility is all the more amazing because it''s not natural: she works hard for it. I know saying that is sort of uncalled for but I think she deserves the credit for it when people everywhere else try to dismiss her by saying she's naturally flexible as if that's the only thing that's good about her skating, and if it's natural then it doesn't matter, when we all know it's the opposite.

I meant when she was little, and she said so when the media started this story of rhythmic gymnastics thing.
Of course you need to work on it in order to continue do that, or even improve. But you also do have a natural thing.
I was like her when I was a little girl. I could do a split without a problem and I had an incredible instep.
I could stay and walk en pointe without having any lesson before. Of course I losed that with time because I was not training, I was not a ballet dancer.

I'm not taking any credit from her. Is she who said it. So don't be so sensitive about it. ;)

waterskiiiepic123

On the Ice
I meant when she was little, and she said so when the media started this story of rhythmic gymnastics thing.
Of course you need to work on it in order to continue do that, or even improve. But you also do have a natural thing.
I was like her when I was a little girl. I could do a split without a problem and I had an incredible instep.
I could stay and walk en pointe without having any lesson before. Of course I losed that with time because I was not training, I was not a ballet dancer.

I'm not taking any credit from her. Is she who said it. So don't be so sensitive about it. ;)

She also said that if she doesn't work for 2 days on her flexability, she's lost and gets very stiff! So let's say it's 90% hard work and 10 % natural.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Guys, I'm sorry I don't know where to ask. Anyone going to French GP this year? Where can I order the tickets? I can't find anything on the official site of the event.

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
She also said that if she doesn't work for 2 days on her flexability, she's lost and gets very stiff! So let's say it's 90% hard work and 10 % natural.

That's what I meant to say. No one will just stay flexible unless they work hard at it which is impressive. That's why I said that about people who dislike her saying she's flexible, but they use it as an insult not a compliment.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I don't see what's wrong with being naturally flexible. ;) If you've got it, flaunt it. (It doesn't mean less flexible people have no chance in hell of improving, or of becoming good skaters even if they remain relatively inflexible).

Alba

Record Breaker
That's what I meant to say. No one will just stay flexible unless they work hard at it which is impressive.

And where did I said that?!
On the contrary, I even brought myself as an example of someone having a natural flexibility, which I lost it because I never worked on it.
So what are you talking about?! :rolleye:

That's why I said that about people who dislike her saying she's flexible, but they use it as an insult not a compliment.

Well, if you're so bothered tell that to those people not to me.

I don't know how many percent is thanks to this or that, and I don't even care tbh. It's not that I like her for her flexibility only.
On the contrary, the main reasons for which I love her have nothing to do with her flexibility.
I was not even discussing that aspect. Just stated a fact, that she never did gymnastic and that her flexibility came natural, since she was a child.