Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well I thought I'd share some decidedly UN-professionally done photos, that I took of Julia at Finlandia Trophy at the start of the season :-D

Thank you. I really like the one with her Eteri smiling in the kiss-n-cry. She is so serious on the ice but even in her interviews you can see is realy just a cute 15 year old girl at the core. If you take any more please share.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Thank you. I really like the one with her Eteri smiling in the kiss-n-cry. She is so serious on the ice but even in her interviews you can see is realy just a cute 15 year old girl at the core.
Heh. I think she has changed a lot in a short time... and that's one of the reasons I think so.

At the same competition the previous year, she wore a lot of serious or sulky faces - apparently because her performances weren't 100% perfect :-D (Even though she won). She seemed very cold and uncommunicative with Eteri - we wondered if they weren't getting along o_O

Her skating was amazing, but more of a gymnastic display than an expressive, flowing, artistic performance. We thought she had a great future if she could get through growing pains with her flexibility, athleticism and technical abilities intact... and if she could become more graceful, expressive etc.

Just one year later, we were immediately impressed by how much progress she had made. She was so much more graceful and expressive...she was incorporating her "gymnastics" smoothly into the choreography... her skating told stories. The difference was amazing and instantly apparent.

Then there's that look she gives you over her shoulder, at the start of her FS... it's just like the Kryptonite Look that every parent knows and dreads... the imploring look that your child gives you, that renders you powerless...

She also seemed much more relaxed and cheerful... she seemed able to smile or laugh even at her own mistakes... and she seemed to be getting along very well with Eteri. You can see that clearly in the photos I posted.

I get the feeling she is very ambitious and strong-willed, but it seems she is now able to relax and not be too serious about it. I loved how some reporters at the Olympics asked her how her practice had gone (they were Korean I think, and this was when she was still considered a gold medal contender for the individual competition, huge media attention)... and she replied that practice went well, but reporters kept bothering her and she hated that. I find this hilarious. She said this directly to the reporters, looking them right in the eye. I think this shows a certain self-confidence and aggressiveness... but also a certain sense of humour. Champions are made of such qualities! :-D And to have such personality at just 15... wow o_O

Can she keep progressing at such a rate? I hope so, but there must be limits to what a skater can achieve in a given amount of time... plus I guess she still has some growing to do, so who knows?

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She runs for 45 minutes after ice practice, and listens to Eminem.

The interviewer says something similar: "if you don't understand the words, how do you know, maybe he's saying something bad to you as you listen?"
Julia answers: well, I usually sing along, so I say that right back to him.

I think it would be hilarious if she learned English from listening to Eminem rap, what a vocabulary she would have! I would like to see her do an exhibition number to "The Real Slim Shady" (if Jason Brown can skate to MC Hammer, she should be able to skate to Eminem).

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it would be hilarious if she learned English from listening to Eminem rap, what a vocabulary she would have! I would like to see her do an exhibition number to "The Real Slim Shady" (if Jason Brown can skate to MC Hammer, she should be able to skate to Eminem).

100% absolutely THIS!!!

discombobulate

Rinkside
bahaha I know right.

man. so that instagram right there is confirmed to be her?
Cause there was another one of her. Javier had a pic with her and tagged another instagram of her..

It doesn't seem like she smiles much. :(

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yulia was in an ice show yesterday with Ilya Averbukh. Here is a link to a page that has pictures. I'm trying to find video. http://www.livekuban.ru/node/543096

Here is the translation of the stories text:

In Krasnodar yesterday, March 8, took the ice show Ilya Averbuch. Also went on the ice in Sochi Olympic champion Julia Lipnitskaya.

Program show consisted of two sections. The first showed the audience the new rooms and programs.

The second part, called "Love Story" - a more artistic and theatrical, in her single storyline.

Yeah!!! Finally found the Schindlers List video from the ice show. Hopefully a better one appears.

http://youtu.be/O2p1o1EbRCI

Alba

Record Breaker
Thanks for the translation, Alba! Love Julia's candidness.

The translation it's not mine. I took it from the FSU forum by chance (I was looking for news on Yulia) because I'm not registered there. I forgot to mentioned before in my OP. I've made the correction now.:)

Alba

Record Breaker
She should, the movie has some great music.

I've seen the movie, beautiful, but I can't remember the music. I'll check it again, just for curiosity.

@Sam-Skwantch: Thanks for the video. It's a good quality.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2011 Senior Russian Nationals
(12yr old Yulia Lipnitskaya)

My god she's actually grown a heck of a lot in three years!
http://youtu.be/5DlQqRP6jZ4

Is that a Liza T. sighting at 1:55 mark?

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Speilberg sends praise to team Yulia!!

Stephen Spielberg sends Yulia and Eteri a letter thanking them for portraying the girl in the red coat. Eteri said it was on par with receiving a gold medal!!

http://m.vk.com/article431118078_1745583683?api_view=8f4be159e5b1c3181fb72c0846a6f4

Eter Tutberidze: "Praise Spielberg - on par with the gold medal of the 2014 Games'
Coach of the Russian figure skater Yulia Lipnitskaya Etery Tutberidze told about a letter of thanks from the famous director Steven Spielberg.

"The letter says thanks for the fact that I could carry the image of the girl in a red coat over all performance."

"I think that for us it is praise on par with the gold medal of the Games "- quoted Tutberidze" R-Sport. "

Recall that an arbitrary program Lipnitskaya put the film Spielberg's "Schindler's List".

Antilopa

On the Ice
Stephen Spielberg sends Yulia and Eteri a letter thanking them for portraying the girl in the red coat. Eteri said it was on par with receiving a gold medal!!

http://m.vk.com/article431118078_1745583683?api_view=8f4be159e5b1c3181fb72c0846a6f4

Eter Tutberidze: "Praise Spielberg - on par with the gold medal of the 2014 Games'
Coach of the Russian figure skater Yulia Lipnitskaya Etery Tutberidze told about a letter of thanks from the famous director Steven Spielberg.

"The letter says thanks for the fact that I could carry the image of the girl in a red coat over all performance."

"I think that for us it is praise on par with the gold medal of the Games "- quoted Tutberidze" R-Sport. "

Recall that an arbitrary program Lipnitskaya put the film Spielberg's "Schindler's List".
I think after that she should receive all 10s for IN :)

Imagine

Medalist
I don't have a VK so guess not, but I saw a lot of Japanese fan art of her recently. She's really popular over there for some strange reason.