Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir | Page 42 | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir

Diok

Rinkside
Had tears and they got the biggest ovation from the crowd nobody has what they have! Wow i can't believe it!

ChanClan

On the Ice
WOOOO! Way to go Tessa and Scott! Not going to lie, I was a little doubtful after PC put up a 123 but so glad you proved me wrong!!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Hi GS,

Been lurking for a while now but I have to say that I am thrilled for Tessa and Scott to finish their competitive careers with 2 OGMs for 2018 with 4 brilliant skates in the team and individual events! I started watching FS when I saw V/M's OD from 2008 Worlds. Their wonderful expression captured my interest in ice dance and I have been following all four disciplines since (although I lack the technical knowledge of skating not being a skater myself). I am glad to have seen them live once in Skate Canada 2016. Their Prince SD was the highlight of the competition for me. They are an inspiration, coming back and winning the OGMs after their first one in 2010. Congratulations to Tessa and Scott!

Welcome BillNeal, post often, post long! :)

Jealous of You being able to see them live, especially this iconic Prince SD, but happy for opportunity at the same time.

I have to say that at this moment words are failing me a bit from being moved by the whole accomplishment and the way of doing it. What a story to turn a collective disbelief into affection, passion and drive. What a moment to create, the grandiose scale of it, the style and control. What athletes, champions, people.

rain

Record Breaker
OK, I came here after the GPF and prognosticated that it was over for V/M, that they had no chance at gold.

I've never been so happy to be totally wrong! Whoohoo!

jiawen2016

On the Ice
Needless to say that I'm so thrilled for them to win this deserving OG gold with a new WR combined score! It was absolutely one of the rightest decisions that I have made for coming all the way to Regina last year to see them skate live because I knew it got to be my last and only chance. I was also extremely lucky and grateful to have gotten their autograph that is now framed and displayed in my living room and a photo with them as well.

A similar story for me is that I fell in love with them after seeing their FD to the Umbrella of Cherbourg in 2008. I was a teenager who yearned for the first love at that time and was captured immediately by the pure and innocent beauty of their skating. Now 10 years later, I'm a 20-something who has been through a broken engagement, and this Moulin Rouge program really touches me with their maturity, passion and determination and encourages me to keep looking for passion and love in my own life!

Thank you Tessa and Scott for having been such a delight and positive influence in my life for the past 10 years and I love you until the end!

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
Tessa and Scott are just amazing and I have no words to explain this joy
... I'm just so happy and love them hope they will continue to impress us but I know they this was their last competition ... Anyway I'm so proud of them and just wow

esteticlove

Final Flight
I am not following ice dance that much but came her to express my appreciation for their FD! Congratulations, that was a very deserved gold medal! :clapper: Did Tessa get a new dress? I thought the one at the team event was different, with some plush stuff going on there. Anyway, great performance! They really became one last night - I loved the combination in costumes, their energy and devotion to that skate. They also kept the crotch lift, didn't they? It baffles me every time how they manage to do it, just speechless. Athletism and artistry meeting together. :thank:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I am not following ice dance that much but came her to express my appreciation for their FD! Congratulations, that was a very deserved gold medal! :clapper: Did Tessa get a new dress? I thought the one at the team event was different, with some plush stuff going on there. Anyway, great performance! They really became one last night - I loved the combination in costumes, their energy and devotion to that skate. They also kept the crotch lift, didn't they? It baffles me every time how they manage to do it, just speechless. Athletism and artistry meeting together. :thank:

:), yes, it was a new dress - also on mesh, but with sparkly collar section and more 'even' sparkle overall on the bodice, also more towards burgundy shade in my perception than previous deep red (Nationals) or pink (TE). Both her and Scott's costumes well matched with sparkle and being very fitted to silhouettes, which in my opinion added to sensuality, physicality of impression created/visual presented.

Oh, yes they returned 'crotch' lift to its original version ;), it was just meant to be in my opinion: if you are going with a bang, make that bang as loud as possible. Despite many people clutching pearls over it, the lift is about their signature athleticism and skill displayed, accentuating their bold style and aesthetic conveyed for 'Moulin Rouge' FD program. It catches eyes, provokes and one cannot pass it indifferently, and that was one of goals of the whole vehicle in my opinion.

And yes about seeing 'combination' of things together as a factor that drawn people in - it was about improved program, but also about new costumes, their attitude, attack, shapes created, connection expressed, the whole experience of performance so in control and commanding.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I'm just so happy that they repeated and became the most decorated Olympic skaters in history! Also, my social media exploded and finally all my non-skating fan friends are obsessing about them too. About time they joined the club. :laugh:

Viiktoruu

On the Ice
I can't believe this happened. After the ridiculous overscoring of P/C throughout the season I really doubted they could win gold, but they were just flawless. There is no reason they got lower PCS on either dances, and the difference in the GOE from P/C they got is ridiculous, but still they showed the judges who's the boss! :rock:

I am over the moon and when I woke up and saw the results it instantly made my day amazing :biggrin:

:thank: so so much Tessa and Scott for proving you are the best! Even more than for the win, I am so thankful to them for showing to us again and again the emotion on ice that no one can match. :luv17:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Tessa and Scott! I went into the FD thread for a minute but read a few posts and left.

Weren't they just amazing! That performance really was a master class on Ice Dance, simply the best.
I have been following ID for quite awhile and it is very rare that a team is capable of delivering that type of execution,
and excellence on all of their elements and I won't even go into how they manage all of that difficulty seamlessly.
I am glad that they put the original lift back into the dance. Bravo Tessa and Scott! Their dance was truly a masterpiece. :bow:
and Gold was the only color for them last night!

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Now that I had time to calm down after watching their free dance yesterday, I reflected on why I love their MR performance yesterday so much. Not only did they have the skate of their lives but this program, in it's final version, IMO shows the best of Tessa and Scott. They have taken their best qualities and elements of their past programs into one, the sultriness and drama of Carmen, the softness and tranquility of Mahler, the romance of Umbrellas of Cherbourg, their spectacular reworked Prince SD lift combined with their signature flow, speed, and performance qualities. I loved the changes that they have made throughout the season to Come What May including the ina bauer/spiral combo after the diagonal step and final lift (BTW did you see how excited the flower sweepers/kids in the final seconds of that lift). I'm really lucky to have seen them live once during their comeback and wish them the best in their next chapters!

elysium

On the Ice
Very happy for Tessa and Scott that they won their second individual OGM. I really like both VM and PC, and think both are great in their own ways. In the end the team performing the best during the competition rightfully won.

esteticlove

Final Flight
Oh, yes they returned 'crotch' lift to its original version ;), it was just meant to be in my opinion: if you are going with a bang, make that bang as loud as possible. Despite many people clutching pearls over it, the lift is about their signature athleticism and skill displayed, accentuating their bold style and aesthetic conveyed for 'Moulin Rouge' FD program. It catches eyes, provokes and one cannot pass it indifferently, and that was one of goals of the whole vehicle in my opinion.

I didn't like the refinement of the lift at the team event, so I was also happy to see that they stayed true to themselves. I don't see anything controversial about it. Just like you said, it's a signature about their high-level skills. :luv17:

Diok

Rinkside
I didn't like the refinement of the lift at the team event, so I was also happy to see that they stayed true to themselves. I don't see anything controversial about it. Just like you said, it's a signature about their high-level skills. :luv17:

Loved the fact they went back to the original lift it was just so exciting to watch live and the audience went nuts!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last night was fantastic and I think skating last was what did it for them and having the audience react they way they did by creating a moment.

I watched V/M with my sister, who doesn't like watching skating (go figure!), but she wanted to see their skate again after they won! So we rewound the DVR and she kept saying how fantastic they are and how they create a work of art with their performance.

If they are retiring, so glad for them to go out with a bang and three gold medals, and two silvers!