Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thanks for the links golden411! We have a Canadian dance & an American dance thread, and the Tessa & Scott and Meryl & Charlie fans seemed to post there rather than creating a Fan Fest thread. I so glad both teams now have their own fan fest threads. They are both very special teams, and I am not looking forward to the 2014-2015 when one or both teams will be retired. I am just enjoying them now.

Macassar88

Medalist
Thanks for the links golden411! We have a Canadian dance & an American dance thread, and the Tessa & Scott and Meryl & Charlie fans seemed to post there rather than creating a Fan Fest thread. I so glad both teams now have their own fan fest threads. They are both very special teams, and I am not looking forward to the 2014-2015 when one or both teams will be retired. I am just enjoying them now.

Agreed - I was so shocked that Tessa and Scott didn't have one that I had to make it!
And golden, thanks so much for posting those videos!

Also, here's a picture of their last rotational lift

http://visualrian.ru/en/images/zooms/RIAN_1285325.jpg :laugh:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I was surprised there wasn't a thread for Tessa and Scott so I started one but again surprisingly all their fans didn't keep it up and so it was archived. Maybe it's good now that there is a Fan Fest section so this thread will be kept in perpetualty.

Love their Carmen! They are superb in choreography, techniques, and performance. Like their new take on the relationship too, with Carmen being the eventually defiant and triumph one. Power to the femme fatale!

emdee

Final Flight
Anyone going to nats please let me know and I can give you the banner I made for T&S. T&S said they got 2 banner in Russia but dont get any in Canada so would appreciate this.

I want it back so I can take it to worlds. Thanks.

Ravensque

On the Ice
Anyone going to nats please let me know and I can give you the banner I made for T&S. T&S said they got 2 banner in Russia but dont get any in Canada so would appreciate this.

I want it back so I can take it to worlds. Thanks.

Nice that they will see it here in Canada.......and I will see it at Worlds and will even get a picture of it :).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Maybe you should have a mirror banner as well as a correct reading banner, since it seems most of the youtubes these days are uploaded mirrored to defeat youtube's penchant for taking down skating videos?

emdee

Final Flight
Maybe you should have a mirror banner as well as a correct reading banner, since it seems most of the youtubes these days are uploaded mirrored to defeat youtube's penchant for taking down skating videos?

If anyone wants to make a mirrored banner I can give them a beautiful vinyl poster of T&S.This was what I ordered first in order to 'make' a banner and not being artistic at all. then DH suggested that I should have the work done for me taking pity on my banner making skills and he ordered another one with the words Tessa & Scott our living legends in red. So now I have to only arrange to have it hung up.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The Virtue/Moir website has been updated, including the addition of their GP wins and some links to recent media coverage.

This anecdote about their determination was new to me:
We were at a competition in 2007...and I decided that I wasn’t going to let anyone else tell me what my dream would be,” Moir describes. “I remember being on the plane ride home... I took out a piece of paper and I wrote what I thought I needed to do and what steps I needed to take in order to be Olympic Champion. And I put it in my wallet. It’s still there today and I’ve tried my best to follow those [steps].
http://www.pwc.com/ca/en/corporate-responsibility/team-pwc.jhtml

Ravensque

On the Ice
There was that special something about them even at that tender age. They are unsurpassed in talent.

Ravensque

On the Ice
They will be faster and smoother come March too........they usually are barring illness or accident.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
2012 Russian FSO Awards (one of a kind teddy bears, dressed as the skaters who won the awards) for the 2011-2012 season were announced, awarded by Russian fans:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...-Chan-an-Award&p=684159&viewfull=1#post684159

In this thread in The Edge, Alex Rus reports that Russian FSO fans voted for best Foreign dancers, & selected Tessa & Scott.

They received their bears at CoR:
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6615/181409796.0/0_9ec5f_1a98d776_L.jpg

The fans also give out an award for best dance program of the year. Meryl & Charlie won that for Die Fledermaus.
I believe they will get their bears at GPF.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
http://www.lfpress.com/2012/11/30/l...the-grand-prix-finals-dec-6-9-in-sochi-russia

Nice sendoff interview with Tessa & Scott.

“We actually changed all three of our footwork sequences, trying to be creative and hit the levels,” Virtue said. “We don’t want to lose any of that creativity (their theme this season is to try new things) and I think for the best, hopefully, we’ll nail our Level 4s. We’re excited about that and focusing on the Yankee Polka (short dance).”

ice coverage

Record Breaker
2012 Russian FSO Awards (one of a kind teddy bears, dressed as the skaters who won the awards) for the 2011-2012 season were announced, awarded by Russian fans:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...-Chan-an-Award&p=684159&viewfull=1#post684159

In this thread in The Edge, Alex Rus reports that Russian FSO fans voted for best Foreign dancers, & selected Tessa & Scott.

They received their bears at CoR:
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6615/181409796.0/0_9ec5f_1a98d776_L.jpg

The fans also give out an award for best dance program of the year. Meryl & Charlie won that for Die Fledermaus.
I believe they will get their bears at GPF.

I can't believe that we're lucky enough to have two such phenomenal couples to watch. It's like winning two lotteries at the same time. And they're both North American? It doesn't get much better than this.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I wish they have picked a photo from Worlds, not that one.

It's kind of unfair to Tessa & Scott.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
In hindsight, I should have added, "YMMV," to my previous post. ;) :eek:hwell:

I do not find the photo at all disrespectful or unflattering to Virtue/Moir. If I did, I never would have called attention to the image (in a fan thread or anywhere else). And I do not think their hometown newspaper would go out of its way to be unfair to them.
The article quotes Moir re their mindset and results at last year's GPF, so to me, choosing the pic makes sense editorially.
The reporter notes that they used last year's GPF as motivation for winning their second world title. For me, the photo captures that pivotal moment of absorbing a setback along the way to reaching their ultimate goal (for that season) -- which is what champions like V/M do (and which I believe they themselves would say is all part of sport). :yes:

Last edited:

spikydurian

Medalist
Ice dancers are generally good looking and I think V&M are not only one of the current world's best ice dancers, but pretty much the best looking couple too.:love: