Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir | Page 51 | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir

ximianK

Rinkside
Amazing! Where do those shots come from?

I have no clue. I like to think he might have some connection with the technical crew during the Olympic FS competition because it looks like cameras that is not intended for broadcast TV

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Standing ovation before they even started their first number

https://twitter.com/SkateGuardBlog/status/990008124504453121

The announcer was clearly being modest, should be three-time Olympic champions (2 individual + 1 team) ;).

That new beginning is such a tease. Glad that they kept some of their best elements in there including not shying away from doing twizzles in a show program. If Tessa hasn't thought of this already, I think she should cycle through wearing her different MR dresses for each tour stop :biggrin:.

ETA: Tessa thanks fans in Halifax for their support and admits that the standing O before the first number gave her happy tears.

illusionmesh

Spectator
Here you go:

British Eurosport Gala Finale:

And finally found it again:

British Eurosport V/M IE FD

Thanks so much for these - are these your links/do you happen to know if there are any B.ESP clips of the rest of the performances? I'm looking for Hanyu and Miyahara in particular.

IceCastles1814v

Rinkside
Ilusionmesh, no they are not my videos but links from some VM focused tumblrs, etc. But I have located one on YouTube (not sure if geoblocked)

Yuzuru Hanyu Olympic SP B.Esp
https://youtu.be/ZmkmQEeyyyY

About CSOI: Loved that the Halifax crowd gave them a standing ovation before they started. So deserved. You Rock My World is so fun and shows off their dance skills. And what to say about Moulin Rouge...every performance of it this season and now into the tours has been special in its own way.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Ilusionmesh, no they are not my videos but links from some VM focused tumblrs, etc. But I have located one on YouTube (not sure if geoblocked)

Yuzuru Hanyu Olympic SP B.Esp
https://youtu.be/ZmkmQEeyyyY

About CSOI: Loved that the Halifax crowd gave them a standing ovation before they started. So deserved. You Rock My World is so fun and shows off their dance skills. And what to say about Moulin Rouge...every performance of it this season and now into the tours has been special in its own way.

I think it is that way because it's fully theirs, owned in such strong way, moulded into their own skin, very physical and bold to present, yet intimate and close in-between them like personal experience. It feels that way - a special way - mainly because it was their decision to pursue and own the music, story and emotion about it, at least for me. And the FD became very 'showy' throughout the season and more and more versatile in terms of expression/presentation - no wonder they made show version of it. I personally love the dare of its beginning, the wholesome somehow more seductive and emotional and crotch lift 'in-their-faces';). It is still a statement piece of program, even stripped technically for show - a piece they will be remembered forever for and a piece that takes audiences with them.

IceCastles1814v

Rinkside
I think it is that way because it's fully theirs, owned in such strong way, moulded into their own skin, very physical and bold to present, yet intimate and close in-between them like personal experience. It feels that way - a special way - mainly because it was their decision to pursue and own the music, story and emotion about it, at least for me. And the FD became very 'showy' throughout the season and more and more versatile in terms of expression/presentation - no wonder they made show version of it. I personally love the dare of its beginning, the wholesome somehow more seductive and emotional and crotch lift 'in-their-faces';). It is still a statement piece of program, even stripped technically for show - a piece they will be remembered forever for and a piece that takes audiences with them.

Yes, this a great description! ☺ Moulin Rouge is truly theirs and it continues to grow and be shaped by them.

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
When we will be able to see TV version of SOI Halifax? So curious to see MJ+Moulin Rouge from TV again

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The Globe & Mail's new piece of Scott and Tessa's future plans:
They have a list of choreographers they’d like to work with, and aren’t shy about sharing some of the names. “Every time I see [National Ballet of Canada dancer] Guillaume Côté, I say, ‘You’ll choreograph for us someday, right?’” Virtue said. “It would be quite intimidating, no doubt, but really thrilling. And for a long time I have wanted to work with Mia Michaels” – choreographer for Prince, Céline Dion, Cirque du Soleil and former judge on the TV series So You Think You Can Dance.

A few weeks ago, the Montreal ice-dance company Le Patin Libre gave a series of shows for Danse Danse, the city’s premiere independent dance producer. Getting an ice-based work on the calendar of a dance series could be an important step in defining ice dance as something other than sport or stadium entertainment.

“We would love to do a project like that, even just to get the experience of playing a different room,” Moir said. He and Virtue appeared in a European revue in 2015 that also included Le Patin Libre.

Moir and Virtue are a little less eager to do their own choreography. They skated one of their pieces at Pyeongyang – a flowing, elegiac tribute to Gord Downie, set to The Tragically Hip’s Long Time Running. But “we tend to steal from ourselves,” Moir said; and when working alone, they miss the perspective of what Virtue calls “the outside eye.”

They have plenty of outside eyes watching them on their current tour with Stars on Ice, which ends in Vancouver on May 17. After that, they have seven weeks’ touring in Korea and Japan.

They’ll have other projects to announce soon, they said, and new collaborations to begin. The next act for Canada’s Tessa and Scott may look a lot different from what we’ve seen so far.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
V/M's MR at Vancouver SOI (Thanks to the uploader)

Brought a tear to my eye to see them present this routine to a standing ovation, in the city where they won their first OGM . How far they have come in those 8 years!

seabm7

Final Flight
For your information, Scott's moniker among Korean fans is,

쑥갓 (ssukgat)

which translates into crown daisy (Glebionis coronaria). This one is chosen because it sounds very similar to Scott.

Shedi0806

On the Ice
If you haven't seen All That Skate go to youtube, they have the whole show in HD. It was a really nice moment when Tessa and Scott finished MR and Yuna entered the ice surface. Getting invited to Yuna's show is pretty enourmos and I feel like they are the audience favorites after the Queen. It's great to see David Wilson embracing the skaters, I am happy that he gets to work with Yuna after all these years.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
^^ still a really good skate despite him not feeling well. Thanks for the link!

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Shedi0806 - There are a lot of great fancams with complete performances on YouTube. I posted many of them in three posts on the FSUniverse fan thread, but feeling too lazy right now to post them also here.