2012 Cup of Russia Short Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2012 Cup of Russia Short Dance

missysays

On the Ice
I love the Shibs! But that SD concept was a miscalculation. Plus they had a few small mistakes here and there and by the end the energy was down. They looked a bit tired. For this piece to work they really need to sell it throughout and keep the energy consistent through the slow and fast parts.

They got totally shafted in favor of the hometown teams here in this competition. They can't give the other teams any reason to give them lower scores. It's gonna be a blood bath for them.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I love the Shibs! But that SD concept was a miscalculation. Plus they had a few small mistakes here and there and by the end the energy was down. They looked a bit tired. For this piece to work they really need to sell it throughout and keep the energy consistent through the slow and fast parts.

They got totally shafted in favor of the hometown teams here in this competition. They can't give the other teams any reason to give them lower scores. It's gonna be a blood bath for them.

To be fair, the Shibs didn't do themselves any favors by losing levels either. :(

missysays

On the Ice
Tessa and Scott had a better outing this time around than Skate Canada- at least in terms of how it came across. Though that lift was still a little scary as she twists onto his shoulder but at least they didn't attempt to do anymore position shifts once she got up there because I don't think they could handle it.

Macassar88

Medalist
Also, did anyone notice how huge Tessa and Scott's lobe was in the second pattern of the YP? They almost reached the barriers on the other side of the rink!

missysays

On the Ice
What a shame about the Shibs...

I agree they really needed to send a message this year in order to be competitive for Sochi and this SD was too much of a risk. Sometimes risks are good but sometimes they're just foolhardy and this unfortunately was the later one.

I think they need to go back to the drawing board on this one- can they do it by Nationals? They had such a late start this year- doesn't look good.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I agree they really needed to send a message this year in order to be competitive for Sochi and this SD was too much of a risk. Sometimes risks are good but sometimes they're just foolhardy and this unfortunately was the later one.

I think they need to go back to the drawing board on this one- can they do it by Nationals? They had such a late start this year- doesn't look good.

I get the sense that this is their second SD given that the earlier ISU bio said they were doing Mary Poppins. I get the feeling they decided to go for it and change it something completely new. So chances are they haven't trained this program for very long.

But I don't agree they should scrap it -- I think they could make it really good and we are forgetting this is their first competition of the season, period (I/K at least had the Crystal Skate to introduce their programs).... so with some time, I think they can make it great. I think it will be a good challenge for them.

Macassar88

Medalist

Would they really change their SD twice? Unfortunate for them.
Although if they took off his headband, they could do a firebird SD! That would be cool! And her outfit already screams firebird.

Dots

Final Flight

Their FD seems to be the opposite, but you couldn't be more right. This short dance is very weak and is not going to help them if they don't make some drastic changes.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
V/M looked not that light, even forced. It might have resulted in the score, compared to D/W.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gprus2012/gprus2012_IceDance_SD_Scores.pdf

The protocols tell the tale. The Shibs only got a level 4 on their rotational lift. Even their trademark twizzles (not great here) only got a level 2. Judges really liked their step sequence though -- they got +1.43 despite it being a level 2. That tied with V/M's step sequence (also +1.43) for the element with the highest +GOE.

In fact, the judges, on the whole, liked the execution of the elements (though they can score better). But they definitely got marked down in levels and PCS, which makes sense given that it wasn't the best performance.

Last edited: