2012 Cup of Russia Short Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2012 Cup of Russia Short Dance

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm starting to think the Shibs should move to Igor. Their levels REALLY suffered here. They should not be suffering through the polka!! But alas....

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I'm starting to think the Shibs should move to Igor. Their levels REALLY suffered here.

That's a pity((I liked their dance more than I/K...Hope they'll improve their technical mark to be competitive with the top pairs

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That's a pity((I liked their dance more than I/K...Hope they'll improve their technical mark to be competitive with the top pairs

The sad part is their tech is what kept them high in the standings for so long -- so the fact they actually lost in this area is a bit disconcerting. That said, they are hard workers and I think we will see improvement at NHK now that they've had it in front of the judges.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
The Shibs are getting worse and worse since their surprise bronze medal. Their TES just kept on going down. Their PCS used to be competitive for a bronze, now, taking a huge step back. Medal of any color will be an uphill battle from now on for them. Maybe the first year was a fluke because they aren't good technicians anymore.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mary Poppins was listed as the Shibs' SD on their ISU bio as late as 10/16, which means they probably haven't had that that program for even a month! So perhaps it's not surprising that it's so raw at this point... it is their first competition after all.

That said, I am surprised they would make such a big change at the last minute...

Mao88

Record Breaker
SHORT DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Tessa VIRTUE & Scott MOIR (CAN) - 70.65 Short Dance
2. Elena ILINYKH & Nikita KATSALAPOV (RUS) - 65.70
3. Victoria SINITSINA & Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN (RUS) - 60.85
4. Maia SHIBUTANI & Alex SHIBUTANI (USA) - 58.26 Short Dance
5. Ksenia MONKO & Kirill KHALIAVIN (RUS) - 55.81
6. Nelli ZHIGANSHINA & Alexander GAZSI (GER) - 55.53
7. Nicole ORFORD & Thomas WILLIAMS (CAN) - 51.44
8. Penny COOMES & Nicholas BUCKLAND (GBR) - 51.39

Last edited:

clairecloutier

Final Flight
Any SP links yet? I'm anxious to see the Shibs' SP. Terrible scores & placement for them at a time when they're trying to rebound from last season's disappointment. I'm very surprised by the choice of Missing for their polka, it does not seem to fit at all, although I'll reserve judgment until I see the actual program. Add to this their decision to re-use Memoirs of a Geisha (why? could they really not find any other inspiring music?) and I feel quite worried about them. The Shibs are the youngest of the Canton teams and had the most to improve on technically--I wonder if the loss of Igor's technical expertise will hurt them the most. :-(

gmyers

Record Breaker
The Shibs are getting worse and worse since their surprise bronze medal. Their TES just kept on going down. Their PCS used to be competitive for a bronze, now, taking a huge step back. Medal of any color will be an uphill battle from now on for them. Maybe the first year was a fluke because they aren't good technicians anymore.

Where did their technical wizardry go? I don't believe it has become level 2. And spilliband was considered the stronger technical coach so their improvement may be tough. You see it also in v/m and d/w. A weakening technically but they get close to 10's in all pcs so no big deal.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm starting to think the Shibs should move to Igor. Their levels REALLY suffered here. They should not be suffering through the polka!! But alas....

I haven't seen anything of the competition yet but I SO agree... I think it's becoming obvious that if these teams want to stay competitive technically then they stayed with the wrong coach.

Mao88

Record Breaker
SHORT DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Tessa VIRTUE & Scott MOIR (CAN) - 70.65 Short Dance
2. Elena ILINYKH & Nikita KATSALAPOV (RUS) - 65.70 Short Dance
3. Victoria SINITSINA & Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN (RUS) - 60.85 Short Dance
4. Maia SHIBUTANI & Alex SHIBUTANI (USA) - 58.26 Short Dance
5. Ksenia MONKO & Kirill KHALIAVIN (RUS) - 55.81 Short Dance
6. Nelli ZHIGANSHINA & Alexander GAZSI (GER) - 55.53 Short Dance
7. Nicole ORFORD & Thomas WILLIAMS (CAN) - 51.44 Short Dance
8. Penny COOMES & Nicholas BUCKLAND (GBR) - 51.39 Short Dance

Last edited:

Ice Diva

On the Ice
Tessa looks a bit heavy, she gained weight right ?

She actually looks thinner this season, unless you're watching video which has its screen compressed, thus stretching everything sideways. And besides, what on earth has weight got to do with anything? Let's look at the guys & see if we can detect extra poundage on them ...