2012 Cup of Russia Men's SP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2012 Cup of Russia Men's SP

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Why interesting? It's not the first time when someone beats Chan in TES but ends up lower than him. Nothing new here. Unfortunately.

Just initial real-time reaction....I know it's been done before..

let`s talk

Match Penalty
His skating was breathtaking.
You are too easy to be breathtaken. Some others with much stronger breathing ability wants the real stuff from Men, like a quad combo for a start. Or at least a 3A in combo. All the rest is just not Men's worthy.

lavender

Record Breaker
I wonder if Frank sometimes thinks screw this i'm to old to have to deal with this crap i'm done. :laugh:

I thought I was the only one that was thinking this:laugh:. The thought use to cross my mind when he was coaching Mirai last year and Ten.

For once I agree with others ... we can always enjoy PCS from Chan. His skating was breathtaking.

I agree. This is why despite Chan himself I still really enjoy his skating and programs.

Last edited:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
You are too easy to be breathtaken. Some others with much stronger breathing ability wants the real stuff from Men, like a quad combo for a start. Or at least a 3A in combo. All the rest is just not Men's worthy.

That's your own standard. Quad is still belonging to men and men only, at least in competitions.;)

I'm glad that Patrick did a perfect 4T and a perfect 3A. But of course, it's not enough. a quad combo was/is his goal.

I wished Patrick didn't do that 1T, so he could add a 3T with 3Lz later.

Last edited:

skatinginbc

Medalist
Question: Why did Chan plan a quad combo instead of a 3Lz3T in the second half of the program to gather more bonus points?

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Base Value:

Chan- 37.90
Menshov- 40.30
Kozuka- 38.91
Bush- 37.80
Gachi- 38.20

Chan' BS is lower than not Menshov's only but also Kozuka's and Gachi's. And slightly higher than Bush's :laugh:. But come on people. Who is Chan and who is Bush. Surely not a WC. All the rest is manipulations with GOE and PCS. Been there, seen that. :disapp:

Congrats to Kostya for real Men's skating, and being the only one who did the planned content. Waiting for FS!!!! :popcorn:

Mao88

Record Breaker
MEN'S SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Patrick CHAN (CAN) - 85.44 Short Program
2. Konstantin MENSHOV (RUS) - 76.73
3. Takahiko KOZUKA (JPN) - 76.34
4. Zhan BUSH (RUS) - 74.50
5. Artur GACHINSKI (RUS) - 74.07
6. Michal BREZINA (CZE) - 73.83 Short Program
7. Richard DORNBUSH (USA) - 67.44
8. Nobunari ODA (JPN) - 63.18
9. Denis TEN (KAZ) - 59.42
10. Johnny WEIR (USA) - 57.47

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Big big congratulations to Menshov and Bush for their clean skates! :clap: They must be thrilled to skate that good in front of home crowd. :yes:
I really liked Artur's new skating style, even though he fell on a quad. He skates 'elegant' than ever.

Except these home town boys, a bit of a disappointing comp for me I guess...:no: And sad sad for Johnny...:cry:

Tesla

Final Flight
Yay Patrick Chan! I was never a fan of his, but I saw his programs last year on YouTube and was absolutely blown away. I'll have to watch these later. :)

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
What competition have you been watching? He got -3 GOE for what you call "perfect 4T". Oh well.

He got -3GOE for the combo 4T-1T, but his 4T was perfect.

Extraordinary! Patrick has tucked all the spins into the music at the end perfectly! If you'd like to use "inflation", go ahead. The "inflation" was rightfully earned!

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
MEN'S SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Patrick CHAN (CAN) - 85.44 Short Program
2. Konstantin MENSHOV (RUS) - 76.73
3. Takahiko KOZUKA (JPN) - 76.34
4. Zhan BUSH (RUS) - 74.50
5. Artur GACHINSKI (RUS) - 74.07
6. Michal BREZINA (CZE) - 73.83
7. Richard DORNBUSH (USA) - 67.44
8. Nobunari ODA (JPN) - 63.18
9. Denis TEN (KAZ) - 59.42
10. Johnny WEIR (USA) - 57.47

Thank you. I don't think Chan's skating was breathtaking. That was good skating! And his quad was good, too. But he is boring for me, all the time, sorry.I can't see his emotions, only learned movements, but maybe he has improved in this part of his skating in this year. And i also don't like his outfit.

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
Johnny :cry: :no: Hope that he can do better in the free skate... Somewhat surprising to me Menshov is in second, but he skated really well in his home country! Glad he's having a good season :)

(I can't help but cheer for the veterens :) )

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
And i also don't like his outfit.

That's something we can all agree on. But Patrick doesn't seem to change his costume choices often like Abbott or Weir does. So I'm afraid this will be his SP costume at least for this year.:disapp: