Plushenko Interview (Translated) | Golden Skate

Plushenko Interview (Translated)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
http://www.rg.ru/2012/11/03/plushenko-site.html

Who is the journalist of the above interview?

Nikolai Dolgopolov (Николай Долгополов)
The original Russian text is here.

interview:

Great coach Alexei Mishin introduced me to a little boy Evgeni Plushenko, when he was 13. Despite the huge age difference, the relationship right away formed.
Without a doubt I believe Olympic champion and two-time silver medalist best skater of the XXI century.
And in all these Zhenya's complexities, difficult family and sports problems, I on the side of this an adult and got experience person, who has not only talent, which occurs frequently, but awesome courage. Has been seriously injured, lying under the surgeon's knife, he twice not just come back, he came back and won.

November 3 Evgeni Plushenko - 30.

Son is on the doorstep

Zhenia, you're waiting for great event ...
Yes, soon becoming a father again.

How soon?
really Soon.

A boy or a girl?
A boy.

And how do you and Jana going to name him? Still thinking?
Reflections behind. Alexander. Alexander the Great.

Everything hurts, but I'm alive

How are you feeling?
There is a story that if you are over 50, you wake up and nothing hurts ...
I'm 30 and I want to say that, perhaps, to happiness, everything hurts in my 30. And I live - very much alive. But honestly and seriously, there is a small back injury. Some problem.
Knees healed. No, in general, I work, work hard.

And as all this occurs? Professor Mishin saying that sometimes you're training twice a day?

And not just sometimes but every day. Two practices at the rink except Wednesday and Sunday. Plus doing now OFP training. Before the ice - two halls a fitness then swapping. Bathhouse.
And swimming. The whole day devoted only to sports.

That I do not quite understand. How to go on the ice every day with the pain - if not knees, the back? Aren't you tired to endure and overcome pain? I remember you did a pirouette Bilman ...
I finished it in 21 years. And in general - is very difficult. I suffer.

Reach the goal

But for what?
I have a goal. I want to come again and achieve, therefore it is necessary to endure, seek. We have to live for families, and for this purpose.

The goal, for the fourth time in a row is the same - our favorite? Olympics?
Of course. Sochi - 2014-th year.

What's next?
Next - a wonderful life. My children will grow up - I will get another child. Together we will learn new sports.
I will not be afraid, as now, to play football or hockey. I want to teach them how to skate - as without figure skating. I will give them my secrets.
Then school. My son from the first marriage in the next year is already in the first grade. And then - coaching.

This is serious - about the work the coach?
Have a dream, like Alexei Mishin, bring up Olympic champions. At least one champion. Plans are.

In search of Jumping and Charisma

This I understand. And what can you say about our Russian guys?
I've seen this year, almost everyone. And it is difficult for someone to select, though quadruple jump.
There are 12-13-year-old boys Mishinskie. They have a great future, the prospects are huge, they are already jumped three and a half. Learning a quadruple toe loop. But they need a couple more years.
And what I see now ... Yes, we have our guys that skate even on the world stage. But something they lack. Even hard to say what. Charisma? No one stands out, at least something one.
For example, a beautiful skating or difficult technique.
Yes, all to skate in principle a good, but in the world, it seems to me, to fight with the Japanese, with Chan of Canada, I can name about a dozen skaters, they have difficulty.
And too late to pick up speed.
Therefore, they form a good level of our future figure skating.

You do not worry, that there so much a great figure skaters not us, in the world? How to deal with them?
There are very strong people. And how to deal with them? It is necessary to work very hard. Need to practice not sparing himself.
Me most confused by Chan. He used to be so smooth a skater under the new rules. And now - what quads!???? A good athlete. I can name you another ten who pretend to medals.
Fight currently difficult, very difficult. But it is necessary do its work. We, with Alexei Nikolayevich ready.

Season for test run

And what's in this season?

Russian Championship and I hope the European Championship. And then, we'll wait and see, maybe the World Cup.

Long drive - the city of London, Ontario.
Very far. What to do? Out - then we must go. We'll see. Now the first official start will be on the small competitions. Then - Sochi, where the national championship. And how I will feel.
But the desire to compete I have.

Yana turns me on

I look at you and your Yana, and I see: she is inspires you.
100 percent. We are waiting for the child. One would think what there other things. But no.
Energy Yana, the rhythm of life is such that I also want to move. And not just move - create. Because in every day life Yana something going on - a new notion, the original idea.
It Turns Me, directs. I am with my wife can not relax (laughs). We move forward.

But you can for a time and shut down. Do not need to disgruntle God.
Sometimes - for two weeks, when we go away. We rest on the islands, the names of which is not known to all.

Professor Mishin us noticed

Mishin proud

This year will be 19 years old as we are together. The twentieth anniversary necessarily celebrate. We will think up something unusual. It's true: I have not seen that figure skater
and coach have been here so inseparable. On the ice, he is my substitute father. Mishin everything for me - a mentor, a teacher. The person to whom I have a lifetime of gratitude. May God give him health.

The "over 70", the health need.

He is cheerful, humorous, rigorous, fair.

You do not quarrel with him, do not argue?

Sure, it happens. A as without it in sports? You begin invent some things, and he has an opinion, I have - my own. So what? He's my friend.

The friendship with Baskov, Bilan and Phil

Zhenia, one story, not for sport, out of your rich biography, I was very interested. You were fast and unconditionally accepted into the world of show business.
And there people are sterner, more severely than in our favorite sport. Outsiders are not allowed. How did you break through? Thanks to your wife?
If we take life before Yana, even then I have communicated with many people in of this society, was well familiar with them. And now - thanks to Jana, too. This is her world.
And in this world I have many friends.

Who are your friends in this world?
Nikolai Bascov - one of the closest. Of course, Dima Bilan, Phil Kirkorov. Friends, constantly communicate. I can name a lot.

And from sport?
Oh, yes, of the sport? Now difficult. I guess hockey players, Alex Zhamnov, Sasha Yudin, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk. I would say that's not what close friends. But we are well communicate.

Skaters have?
Old school - Tanya Navka, Roman Kostomarov, Alex Polishchuk - acrobat from Ukraine. With everyone with whom been friends, maintain close relations. And all invited to my 30th birthday. .

Zhenia, I'm sorry, but could not - the trip.
It's okay.

A gift from me will be. What about If I will send you my books or I'll give it to you during the Grand Prix in Moscow on November 9?
Thank you in advance for the books, that have not yet read, I will read with pleasure .. But in Moscow, I will not. Was invited to Davos: European award will be awarded the international
"comeback year." There Sharapova, Federer, great athletes. And I am.

Hug and congratulations. We with you for many years together. Maybe not be entitled to such recognition of a journalist, but you - my favorite skater.
This is not about medals, not even in the title. Perhaps I have not seen in sports such courageous people. Good luck to you, hi for Yana.

And you too.
(Tania)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Thank you very much for the interview! Very interesting read!

Plushenko is going to have another boy?! Congratulations! Yeah, I hope he takes good care of his health first!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Thank you very much for the interview! Very interesting read!

Plushenko is going to have another boy?! Congratulations! Yeah, I hope he takes good care of his health first!
Alexander will be born in early January

His older son Egor on his father's motorcycles, he likes the fast motorcycles like his father

https://twitter.com/EvgeniPlushenko/status/251604836385169408/photo/1/large

Yana
https://vk.com/photo179609_291647408
http://fakty.ua/151074-igor-krutoj-...nchilsya-zayavki-bolshe-ne-prinimayutsya-foto ---------she was pregrant and beautiful, but she has little belly :)

Last edited: