+ 3.62.

Average improvement by element
Skating Skills - .68
Transitions - .39
Performance - .28
Choreography - .48
Interpretation - .43

Average element improvement - .45

So Gracie got a bit of an overnight boost..but not at the same level Kaetlyn Osmond did at SC (>5 pts, average .62 markup).

Last edited:

yuki

Final Flight
Looking at Kanako's Skate Canada jump layout, she was supposed to have a 3F+2A sequence (her 2nd flip). She didn't complete it here (I think she had a bad landing on the flip, can't remember exactly) and then she just did her planned elements, including that 3T as the last jump in the program. Since that 2A was the only one planned, as a result she had no 2A in her program. If she had simply replaced her 3T with a 2A, she would have been on the podium.

jatale

On the Ice
Any Youtube videos up yet? I just woke-up today and realized I missed the entire competition!

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Kiira KORPI (FIN) - 177.19
2. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 175.03
3. Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) - 166.61
4. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 166.34
5. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 157.98
6. Alena LEONOVA (RUS) - 157.27
7. Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA (RUS) - 153.32 Free Skate
8. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE) - 151.48
9. Valentina MARCHEI (ITA) - 148.67 Free Skate
10. Caroline ZHANG (USA) - 138.21 Free Skate

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I would also say sotnikova is regressing. She's almost lost it completely.

Good for korpi and gold!!

consistency is the key to be a winner, period
although overmarked bu still congrats to Kira and well done Gracie !

IleK

On the Ice
I've never felt hate for a figure skater, no matter what happened. I love figure skating and I respect figure skaters and I am shocked by what some of you wrote here. And I can't hate because I belive in God and I know that if i wish somebody bad all that bad will happen to me instead. This was a beautiful day for Kiira and she almost did it. She had lutz, flip (I undestand she got an edge call), 3-3 and she had mistakes with her favourite jump, the loop. But I know now that is not about the jumps, it's not about the looks, it's about your envy towards her. You can't stand such a beautiful and talented girl. It is just too much for you. If you don't have it why should she? I wonder if she skates clean dressed like hell and with a hideous make up, will you love her? Please, for God sake, stop being ridiculos.
Congrats Kiira, Gracie and Agnes! I am very happy for both Kiira and Gracie, If Gracie had one mistake minus she would have won and I would have alo been happy. I am not just a Kiira fan, I am a fan of all those who have a good skating and good presentation on ice. I am very sad for Adelina but i don't think that anyone should judge her but herself. If you love Adelina, you love her how ever she skates and she needs her fans more when she has bad skates, not only when she skates clean cause then everybody loves her. The same with Gracie, after SA, so many wrote her off, If you like her than have patience, be there for her not only when she medals. You think you are perfect, you never screw it up? I thought this is a fan forum but it's not.

yuki

Final Flight
Congrats Kiira, Gracie and Agnes! I am very happy for both Kiira and Gracie, If Gracie had one mistake minus she would have won and I would have alo been happy. I am not just a Kiira fan, I am a fan of all those who have a good skating and good presentation on ice. I am very sad for Adelina but i don't think that anyone should judge her but herself. If you love Adelina, you love her how ever she skates and she needs her fans more when she has bad skates, not only when she skates clean cause then everybody loves her. The same with Gracie, after SA, so many wrote her off, If you like her than have patience, be there for her not only when she medals.

:clap:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Protocal breakdown:
TES overall
Kiira 56.12
Gracie 54.77
Kanako 53.22 (she could have scored around 57 w/ the 3T)
Polina 52.45
Agnes 51.10
Valetina 50.88
Caroline 48.57
Adelina 48.28
Viktoria 43.60
Alena 41.17

PCS
Kiira 60.52
Gracie 58.10
Alena 57.25 (ridiculous...)
Kanako 56.34
Adelina 55.59
Agnes 55.33
Viktoria 53.78
Valentina 51.54
Polina 50.42
Caroline 43.49

BV:

Kiira 53.82
Adelina 50.31
Agnes 50.27
Gracie 50.18
Kanako 49.78 (would have been 54 or so with the 3T)
Polina 48.94
Caroline 48.32
Valentina 48.11
Viktoria 43.70
Alena 42.97

+GOE
Gracie 4.59
Polina 3.51
Kanako 3.44
Valentina 2.77
Kiira 2.30
Agnes 0.83
Caroline 0.25
Viktoria -0.10
Alena - 1.80
Adelina -2.03

Jump elements
Polina 37.64
Kiira 37.49
Gracie 36.45
Caroline 35.84
Kanako 35.58 (would have been 40+ with the 3T)
Valentina 35.38
Agnes 33.51
Adelina 32.68
Viktoria 26.31
Alena 25.30

Nonjump elements
Kiira 18.63
Gracie 18.32
Kanako 17.64
Agnes 17.59
Viktoria 17.29
Alena 15.87
Adelina 15.60
Valentina 15.50
Polina 14.78
Caroline 12.73 :)jaw:)

raress

On the Ice
I don't think Kira was over marked she did 5 triples including flip and lutz ,her expression and skating skills are to die for,she is 2'nd at europeans. Why so much hate on her? just because your american girl didn't deliver for the win!!!
Wake up people and see the beauty of this sport not just the scores and say that all skater u don't like are overscored even if they deliver very well(as Kira did today).Congrats to Kira and Gracie(she my favorite american lady),the podium is as it should be!And I think Kiira's components were bit low IMO considering that Wagner received 63 and the only thing I can see at her are jumps.:eek:hwell:,Gracie has better presence on the ice and better jump technique,hope she'll win the Nationals.:yay:

raress

On the Ice
I've never felt hate for a figure skater, no matter what happened. I love figure skating and I respect figure skaters and I am shocked by what some of you wrote here. And I can't hate because I belive in God and I know that if i wish somebody bad all that bad will happen to me instead. This was a beautiful day for Kiira and she almost did it. She had lutz, flip (I undestand she got an edge call), 3-3 and she had mistakes with her favourite jump, the loop. But I know now that is not about the jumps, it's not about the looks, it's about your envy towards her. You can't stand such a beautiful and talented girl. It is just too much for you. If you don't have it why should she? I wonder if she skates clean dressed like hell and with a hideous make up, will you love her? Please, for God sake, stop being ridiculos.
Congrats Kiira, Gracie and Agnes! I am very happy for both Kiira and Gracie, If Gracie had one mistake minus she would have won and I would have alo been happy. I am not just a Kiira fan, I am a fan of all those who have a good skating and good presentation on ice. I am very sad for Adelina but i don't think that anyone should judge her but herself. If you love Adelina, you love her how ever she skates and she needs her fans more when she has bad skates, not only when she skates clean cause then everybody loves her. The same with Gracie, after SA, so many wrote her off, If you like her than have patience, be there for her not only when she medals. You think you are perfect, you never screw it up? I thought this is a fan forum but it's not.
This is the best comment I've read on this forum for a while!:)I completely agree with you!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I'm not sure anybody has trouble with Kiira's marking for the FS, it seems fair. But the SP was a different story.

And no, many of us are not envious of Kiira's beauty, makeup or whatever we're supposed to be envious of. That's just a stupid comment. I'm old enough and then some to be her mother, for Christ's sake. And most of us are bright enough to understand that Kiira herself is not responsible for the actions of the tech panel, judges, or any other officials. It is not "hate" towards her but dismay towards the officials.

We just don't want to see BS judging or reputational judging or beauty judging. We want to see judging and scores that fairly reflect what was placed on the ice in that competition, and consistency among calls amongst all the competition's skaters. Kiira Korpi is just one of the more notorious examples, for a number of years, for getting a lot of breaks going her way that she often doesn't deserve.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
And I can't hate because I belive in God ... it's about your envy towards her. You can't stand such a beautiful and talented girl. It is just too much for you. If you don't have it why should she?
:laugh: As if you can know how people here look and what talents/achivements in their life they have. Pardon, sweetheart, but now you are the one full of hatred towards online strangers: "You're ugly talantless sinners who will burn in hell!" :cry:

I don't see any hate of Kiira here. Some people think that sometimes she gets overscored in PCS. So? It doesn't make them be sinners or haters. What I see is the attemp of Kiira die-hard fans to shut up those with critics by putting the labels on them, such as "haters", or "sinners", or "not beautiful", or "not talented", or... . Yawn.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Okay I just looked it up.
The last time 2 US ladies were on multiple GP podiums was in 2007-2008, when Caroline Zhang and Kimmie Meissner finished 3rd and 1st, respectively, at Skate America and when Ashley Wagner and Kimmie Meissner finished 3rd and 2nd respectively at Trophee Eric Bompard.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Kiira KORPI (FIN) - 177.19
2. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 175.03
3. Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) - 166.61
4. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 166.34 Free Skate
5. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 157.98 Free Skate
6. Alena LEONOVA (RUS) - 157.27 Free Skate
7. Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA (RUS) - 153.32 Free Skate
8. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE) - 151.48 Free Skate
9. Valentina MARCHEI (ITA) - 148.67 Free Skate
10. Caroline ZHANG (USA) - 138.21 Free Skate

Last edited:

ForeverFish

Medalist
Congrats Kiira, Gracie and Agnes! I am very happy for both Kiira and Gracie, If Gracie had one mistake minus she would have won and I would have alo been happy. I am not just a Kiira fan, I am a fan of all those who have a good skating and good presentation on ice. I am very sad for Adelina but i don't think that anyone should judge her but herself. If you love Adelina, you love her how ever she skates and she needs her fans more when she has bad skates, not only when she skates clean cause then everybody loves her. The same with Gracie, after SA, so many wrote her off, If you like her than have patience, be there for her not only when she medals. You think you are perfect, you never screw it up? I thought this is a fan forum
but it's not.

Is Kiira beautiful? Of course. Is she talented? Undoubtedly. Am I/the other posters ENVIOUS of her for being as such? No--I'm happy enough with where I am right now and, like you, have tremendous respect for the perseverance and grace of these skaters.

This is yet another case of someone who doesn't know how the scoring system works assuming that we're intentionally wronging the skaters. Presentation is a part of the PCS--how you present the program; if you look nice. So, no, I wouldn't want to see Kiira in sloppy clothes and disgusting makeup because it would cause her to be underscored. You misunderstand that we are somehow out to destroy Kiira because she's
often touted as the example of Presentation scoring, but that doesn't mean that every other skater is being snubbed. Each one has been, at some point, helped by the Presentation.

What an odd opinion on Adelina. It's not a matter of like or dislike, and even when it is, it's not HER personally. Some just aren't too keen on her style/interpretation. What it IS a matter of is that she has failed to skate a clean long program in 18 months, and that's really worrying for those (read: most) of us who believe she has the potential to go far. What we're saying is that she needs to get her stuff together, so to speak, and fix whatever is plaguing her--probably nerves or technique--before it gets her at a bigger event, like Russian Nationals or Worlds. But our comments on her inconsistency are far from unfounded, and going the route of "if you're a fan, you'll always support her" is irrelevant here and useless, besides.

I haven't been on this board very long, but I like what I've seen. Sure, you have the occasional malicious comments that are disappointing and upsetting, but the vast majority of posters are skating enthusiasts who enjoy coming here to discuss and debate about programs and skaters. Very, very few of us will spend our precious time maligning skaters and giggling to ourselves when there are so many other (and more worthwhile) topics of discussion. The fact that you think so shows that A) You haven't seen much of the forum, B) are vastly exaggerating the number of negative posts here, and C) are trying to be the "moral authority" in a place where civility is already assumed from the posters.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
To jump off ForeverFish's comment -- I agree GS is quite a great forum. I've gotten to talk and meet with a lot of great skating fans (and even met them in real life!) though this forum. Believe it or not, there are naster skating forums -- I won't name names -- out there.

I do think that people over-react or jump to conclusions quickly, but I don't see that as malicious, just what usually happens when you comment on things in real-time (or close to it).

The GS moderators work VERY hard ot make sure this remains a forum for civil discussion. So shout out to you guys!

IleK

On the Ice
:laugh: As if you can know how people here look and what talents/achivements in their life they have. Pardon, sweetheart, but now you are the one full of hatred towards online strangers: "You're ugly talantless sinners who will burn in hell!" :cry:

I don't see any hate of Kiira here. Some people think that sometimes she gets overscored in PCS. So? It doesn't make them be sinners or haters. What I see is the attemp of Kiira die-hard fans to shut up those with critics by putting the labels on them, such as "haters", or "sinners", or "not beautiful", or "not talented", or... . Yawn.

I didn't say "hate" but hate, because this is the exact word used by some people aorund here. I didn't assume they hate her, they wrote that. And I don't like arguing, so I didn't quote. If you don't see, than it means you haven't read the posts. So, you better read before you speak/write. My retoric question and my assumed answear were trying to undestand why hate a beautiful and talented skater. I never said those words you wrote, so please don't quote me for something I never said and never thought. And don't call me ironicaly "sweetheart", it doens't help your writing at all or intimidate me. I am not that age anymore. And maybe you should change your name because you clearly dont't know how to talk, especially on a public forum.