2012 Cup of Russia Ladies' FS | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2012 Cup of Russia Ladies' FS

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
People are drastically overstating the flaws in Murakami's technique.

Well it's a personal thing how much this is going to bother people. For me, it looks sloppy and affects my enjoyment of her skating. I think I would otherwise enjoy her skating because she is energetic and takes risks with music, but the leg flailing kills it for me.

naan

Rinkside
Just as a side note... while Kiira is pretty, I don't get why everyones so much into her looks.
If anyone, I think Gracie should be getting the beauty PCS... she's so, so stunning!!:love:
Me,too. Kiira has definitely gorgeous face, but I don't think she's that beautiful on the ice. She's sometimes too stiff.
She always use same type of music, it makes her programs look similar. Nevertheless, I love her SP! And her LP music was beautiful, too! She has improved a lot. She's deserved to win.

Gold is sooo pretty and lovely. It was a delightful performance, her smile always makes me happy. I think she has the best jumps in the US, but needs to work on choreography, skating skills, and overall artistic aspects. Great potential, but still has lot of steps to be the champion.

I really enjoyed Agnes programs. Her 3Lz in the SP was just fantastic! She was underscored, imo.

ForeverFish

Medalist
To let`s talk and ForeverFish, I believe this is the quote IleK was talking about earlier when she ranted about posters hating on Kiira.

Just thought I should let you two know. Regardless of whether or not this is "trolling", it was still said.

(Whether it's debatable to say that "love to hate" = hate, I'll leave that up to you.)

That post was so incoherent that I didn't even look twice at it, and one idiotic comment does not a "mostly negative" board make.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Please remember that jokes & irony & sarcasm are difficult for some native speakers to get, and it is that much harder for non-native speakers of a language:

Thank you. I am a native speaker, and I still find it difficult to distinguish irony/sarcasm in Internet posts without some hints.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Gold is sooo pretty and lovely. It was a delightful performance, her smile always makes me happy. I think she has the best jumps in the US, but needs to work on choreography, skating skills, and overall artistic aspects. Great potential, but still has lot of steps to be the champion.

Agree that she needs to boost her PCS with more artistry, especially in the FS where that's possible. She has such lovely music this season and between her looks and the potential she has, she could move me to tears with her performance. Hopefully this is what she'll be focusing on when she returns home--she has a bye through Midwestern Sectionals--and I'm looking forward to considerable improvement by January :)

brightphoton

Medalist
just getting to watch some of the vids... is it just me or did Zhang look like she hurt when she was in the spiral?

In her junior years, she always smiled during her spirals. When she became a senior, she become more stoic during them. I thought it was her attempt to be appropriately dramatic and angsty during Nessun dorma.

IleK

On the Ice
Well it's a personal thing how much this is going to bother people. For me, it looks sloppy and affects my enjoyment of her skating. I think I would otherwise enjoy her skating because she is energetic and takes risks with music, but the leg flailing kills it for me.

I feel exactly the same about Murakami. It's scary everytime she prepares to jump, I feel like closing my eyes. I think I would love her If I would see her programs without jumps. She has very beautiful spins and herself is very nice (I like her smile, pity she never smiles during her programs). I think the same problem as her has Viktoria Helgesson, very beautiful and gracious skater with nice spins and stepsequence but ugly jumps and also UR. Her free leg ruins everything. And only this year I saw that, I don't remember last year's jumps looking like that.

prettykeys

Medalist
Murakami's free leg only bothers me in her flip. Otherwise I hardly notice it. In the past what bothered me more was that (not really related to figure skating) she would keep her mouth open in an "o" too much. Minor but I know this isn't only my peeve when I see skaters or dancers sometimes do this.

As for underrotations I can't say for sure but I think what makes it seem like she does is that sometimes she hooks her landings. Blades of Passion's outrage at the UR calls make me look twice but I can't say for sure either way. I think if she were to make fixes to her lutz edge and the hammertoe though, it might give judges/tech more push to re-evaluate her jumps in the positive.

volk

Final Flight
Murakami's free leg only bothers me in her flip. Otherwise I hardly notice it. In the past what bothered me more was that (not really related to figure skating) she would keep her mouth open in an "o" too much. Minor but I know this isn't only my peeve when I see skaters or dancers sometimes do this.

As for underrotations I can't say for sure but I think what makes it seem like she does is that sometimes she hooks her landings. Blades of Passion's outrage at the UR calls make me look twice but I can't say for sure either way. I think if she were to make fixes to her lutz edge and the hammertoe though, it might give judges/tech more push to re-evaluate her jumps in the positive.

OMG, this an example of why Kanako get excessive criticism she doesn't deserve. Kanako has flaws, but so do most skaters. Why can't people concentrate more on strengths instead of weaknesses?

guanchi

On the Ice
Poor Adelina- just saw her FS on NBC right now. She looked tired, slow near the end, like she gave up on the program.
She's one I'm rooting for in Sochi, so hope she has better results at Nats and Worlds.

Agnes Z. looked pretty good, though not excellent. It seemed to me that she skated a lot more to and with the music than the two skaters who preceded her.

Kind of irrelevant, but I love her costume. That V-shaped sparkly area at the back of her neck is gorgeous, and I'm generally not too bowled over by sequins and rhinestones. I can see her potential. She's not glamorous, but her face is very expressive, and her skating movements are smooth and commanding.

And here's Korpi. I love the color of her costume! Her jumps are strong so far, and her spins are nice and fast.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I though Lipinski was very good a few years back...but she has not impressed me this season.

agreed, her commentary has become rather bland/generic...NBC may have something to do with it, though.

The search for a QUALITY American commentator who KNOWS the system and can EXPLAIN it to the audience continues...

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Mrs. P said:
She likely got a pcs boost..the pcs for the home skaters has been ridiculous at this competition.

Then why were Sotnikovas PCS for the SP about 1.5 points lower than at SA? She had the same mistake here. Her TES is really close too.

And I don't really see any overscoring or PCS boost for Korobeynikova either. Leonova generally can get rather high PCS...

I'm not even disagreeing about 100 being too much for Adelinas LP, but the argument with the home advantage doesn't make a lot of sense here I think. Especially not compared to Osmond at SC, and Wagner received quite a massive score for her LP at SA too.

Gracie looked good, but I'm happy with Kiira winning--the program she did today looked really well put together and executed. I didn't remember that Korpi's spins were that fast. Very impressive.

Sheesh, though, Gachinski isn't holding up well.