2012 Cup of Russia Ladies' FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2012 Cup of Russia Ladies' FS

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
My thoughts. Russia is in deep trouble with the ladies. They will only have two for the Olympics and maybe none in the gpf. Piseev et al must be panicking, piss mad and perturbed! Murakami I like her perkiness a lot but I do sometimes wonder about the jumps though they look good. Korpi was the best here though not by much over Gracie. I thought Gracie might pull through. I just wish our gold medallist could do a little more in the jumping. Leonova must be in tears. Her placement here suggests she would be like 16th at worlds or so. The Russian youngsters need to really work on controlling their nerves, maintaining good technique on the jumps and developing a good, a strong and an elegant and expressive approach to their skating. There is potential but instead of a lot of superstars like Japan (men right now especially) they have a lot of hopefuls and unfulfilled talent - Makarova, the baby B's Tut, Lip, Sotnikova, Polinas and then what do you do with Leonova - none of them have stepped up to the plate to take charge.

probbaly right at the Olympics but you mean this season GPF ? julia has silver, she will still qualify even with a bronze or 4th at TEB, she can even win gold there
I like her drive, she has motivation , those screen flashes that she was very pissed after the FS result that she was 2nd to Mao, Julia wants to win !

Mao88

Record Breaker
My thoughts. Russia is in deep trouble with the ladies. They will only have two for the Olympics and maybe none in the gpf.

I don't agree. Tuk and Julia are in good form and I fully expect Leonova to be back to her best by the 2nd half of the season. Moreover, Polina K put in a much better performance today in her FS. The only skater that has a real problem is Sotnikova. It should also be noted that it has been through the performances of Leonova and Makarova over the last 2 seasons that they have been getting their 3 spots for Worlds. They have a stronger squad this season

As for the GPF, I fully anticipate that both Julia and Tuk will qualify for it.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I don't agree. Tuk and Julia are in good form and I fully expect Leonova to be back to her best by the 2nd half of the season. Moreover, Polina K put in a much better performance today. The only skater that has a real problem is Sotnikova

Russian nationals is going to be interesting for sure...

ForeverFish

Medalist
I don't agree. Tuk and Julia are in good form and I fully expect Leonova to be back to her best by the 2nd half of the season. Moreover, Polina K put in a much better performance today in her FS. The only skater that has a real problem is Sotnikova. It should also be noted that it has been through the performances of Leonova and Makarova over the last 2 seasons that they have been getting their 3 spots for Worlds.

Tukta is struggling with weight gain from puberty right now. At the moment, I would say that Adelina and Julia are in better shape. Polina is still a dark horse, Leonova will have an uphill struggle if she hopes to prove that they can't count her out just yet, and Adelina needs to fix whatever is preventing that 3F before it wrecks her at Russian Nats.

Mao88

Record Breaker
Tukta is struggling with weight gain from puberty right now.

We all know that, but Tuk's FS from Skate Canada and her performance at the St. Petersburg Cup showed that she has come through that and is recovering her form.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
As for the GPF, I fully anticipate that both Julia and Tuk will qualify for it.

Julia in GPF , Yes
Liza ? 4th in SC, she needs to get silver in TEB to go to GPF , so I am hoping Julia will lose to Tuk here, lol

volk

Final Flight
It was really missing the 2A in her 3F sequence that cost Murakami the bronze. I really dislike her FS layout, it's high risk/high reward, but IMO, not worth it. The 3loop is not a great jump for her, and the callers have called both of her second loops UR in both of her GPs. Having only one double axel is okay, but having it as the second element in a sequence is dangerous for the reason we saw here today--her 3F was shaky and she didn't do the axel. Since the axel is a required element, the triple toe was voided as if it never happened. :slink: And her FS layout ridiculously doesn't allow her to attempt her eye-catching 3T/3T.

I am more of 2nd mark than the jumps. Kanako is a much more mature skater this year, but she's getting same PCS.

ForeverFish

Medalist
We all know that, but Tuk's FS from Skate Canada and her performance at the St. Petersburg Cup showed that she has come through that and is recovering her form.

I haven't yet seen the St. Petersburg Cup, but Mishin was saying a week or two before SC that Tuk was still struggling. Might be that the problem is fixed now, but it was definitely present in Canada.

L

lowtherlore

Tukta is struggling with weight gain from puberty right now. At the moment, I would say that Adelina and Julia are in better shape. Polina is still a dark horse, Leonova will have an uphill struggle if she hopes to prove that they can't count her out just yet, and Adelina needs to fix whatever is preventing that 3F before it wrecks her at Russian Nats.

I prefer Adelina's style to Liza's. But of the two, I think it's Adelina who should be more careful about the weight. I hope all of them -- Adelina, Liza and Julia -- enter the Olympic season in top shape.

Last edited:

Mao88

Record Breaker
I haven't yet seen the St. Petersburg Cup, but Mishin was saying a week or two before SC that Tuk was still struggling. Might be that the problem is fixed now, but it was definitely present in Canada.

He said it before both the St Petersburg Cup and Skate Canada. The whole point of her competing in the St Petersburg Cup was to check that she had overcome her injuries and growth spurt and was ready for Skate Canada. I seem to recall her team saying somewhere (although I maybe wrong) that she was 80% and improving after the St Pertersburg Cup. Hence, given that her much improved Skate Canada FS was several weeks ago now, I think we will see an even better performance by the time of her second GP event

Last edited:

ForeverFish

Medalist
He said it before both the St Petersburg Cup and Skate Canada. The whole point of her competing in the St Petersburg Cup was to check that she had overcome her injuries and growth spurt and was ready for Skate Canada.

She was considering dropping out of SC until ~1 week before. It might have been less severe, but she definitely wasn't fine--just look at her exhaustion in the SP.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
She was considering dropping out of SC until ~1 week before. It might have been less severe, but she definitely wasn't fine--just look at her exhaustion in the SP.

did you see her current skate at Plushenko's birthday, she's in good form now
so hopefully she will medal in TEB ( silver ) to go GPF, her 168+ score at SC would have medaled her here at CoR

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

did you see her current skate at Plushenko's birthday, she's in good form now: she was at Zhenya's birthday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doPhjYiK2co
so hopefully she will medal in TEB ( silver ) to go GPF, her 168+ score at SC would have medaled her here at CoR

gmyers

Record Breaker
There should be concern that all the Russian ladies will bomb because they are really and Russia will have not only just one man but only 2 ladies entrants in Sochi. But like leonova's 2010 was like this. Looks like the whole Sochi campaign might have been overly optimistic and it's all for 2018 not 2014. This is the season of Americans really and not Russians and 2013 worlds is important and no one seems to even have the goods for 2013 worlds.

lavender

Record Breaker
Just as a side note... while Kiira is pretty, I don't get why everyones so much into her looks.
If anyone, I think Gracie should be getting the beauty PCS... she's so, so stunning!!:love:

I agree. When I saw Gold I thought wow she's really pretty but I never felt that way when I saw Kira. I think the other skaters from her country (that no longer skate) were more stunning imo.

Just wanted to say congrats to the 3 medalist. I'm glad Gold got her first senior gp medal. Honestly at this stage whoever ended up on the podium was fine by me.

Last edited:

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Had Kanako did a shaky 3F with even 1A , will the 3T still get a credit??? One 2A is mandatory, but even if u single it, you still furfill the requirement right??

Mao88

Record Breaker
I agree. When I saw Gold I thought wow she's really pretty but I never felt that way when I saw Kira. I think the other skaters from her country (that no longer skater) were more stunning imo.

But, as you yourself would agree, this is not a beauty pageant. Its a skating contest, and PCS should in no way be related to personal appearance.

Enidan

On the Ice
Oh Lovely Lovely results, all the hype overmarked russian girls are falter :yay: No one gonna step in Ashley Wagner way as she attempt to win the GPF, World, and OG gold medal. :yay: