2012 Cup of Russia Men FS. | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2012 Cup of Russia Men FS.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
CONGRATS PATRICK on a better, although not perfect, competition, much better than Skate Canada. I am looking forward to watching it on NBC on Sunday. Thank you, GS friends, for giving me a play by play. I already love this forum, and I've been here for less than a month :clap:

Bartek

On the Ice
Kozuka is magnificent this season. His program is packed with transitions and he finally started to express his music. I love his flowing edges out of the jumps and intricate transitions.

I am a Dai fan but I'm must say that Chan is a genius. He's imporved so much artistically this season and has two fantastic programs. Not only does he have his divine edges and jumps but also he expresses his music. Now I wouldn't say a word of disapproval if he gets the same Interpretation and Performance/Execution score as Dai.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
They dont understand the meaning between breathtaking and breathless!
Some of us are not native English speakers. Be civil to deal with that.
I guess you missed the opening of his program.
I didn't. Three doubled planned-triples, 3A including, didn't happen in the opening of the prog. And the feeling "leave me alone" was all there during the whole prog. Seems like he doesn't enjoy skating anymore, just doing everyone's a favour.

Agreed. A righteous win!

With PCS like these, I don't see how anybody else can really compete, though. That's a 20 point overall advantage in the FS alone. Maybe he should spot the rest of the field some advance points just to keep it sporting. :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Patrick I have two words for Patrick's skate "Absolutely Fabulous", love this program!

Congrats to Taka, I think he made the GPF, he fought thru that program, good for him!

Very happy for Michal for his good result! :)

jan

On the Ice
Well said. I am a Chan fan but always felt his P/E a little lacking. But this year he is superb. He has it all now.

Kozuka is magnificent this season. His program is packed with transitions and he finally started to express his music. I love his flowing edges out of the jumps and intricate transitions.

I am a Dai fan but I'm must say that Chan is a genius. He's imporved so much artistically this season and has two fantastic programs. Not only does he have his divine edges and jumps but also he expresses his music. Now I wouldn't say a word of disapproval if he gets the same Interpretation and Performance/Execution score as Dai.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Now I wouldn't say a word of disapproval if he gets the same Interpretation and Performance/Execution score as Dai.
:eek: Eh? What are you talking about? He always got Interpretation and Performance/Execution score not just the same but higher than Dai or anyone else in ISU events, with WTT-2012 as an exception (happened once right after booing in Nice).

skatinginbc

Medalist
Now I wouldn't say a word of disapproval if he gets the same Interpretation and Performance/Execution score as Dai.
Dai's programs this year aren't remarkable. I'm afraid Chan can easily beat Dai in the artistic department if both have a clean skate.

emdee

Final Flight
Some of us are not native English speakers. Be civil to deal with that.

There was no lack of civility whatsoever. Just a reaction to your comment on my health..... that I had a breathing problem. Fair to say I have a multitude of health issues but so far no breathing problems.

It great that people who have no knowledge of english come on the board and increase their language skills - I am all for that.

Its however totally inapproriate and in extemely poor taste to comment on someone's health when one has no knowledge of the other persons health.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
After the sp results I expected Weir to withdraw from some reason, so it was no suprise to me. Congratulations to Chan and Kozuka!!! In my opinion Menshov should have gotten the bronze medal.

prettykeys

Medalist
Did Patrick just ace his FS here? I must see the video! Edit--nevermind, just saw in the protocols that he missed a 3A and his 3Lo. But I would like to see anyway. :cool:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well said. I am a Chan fan but always felt his P/E a little lacking. But this year he is superb. He has it all now.

Well Patrick still needs to work on emoting or communicating with the audience to please a lot of skating enthusiasts as well he needs to work on a little mor epolish on the spins and jumps pus add say a quad sal or flip. If Javier and all are doing quads including the Tak (Dai) well Chan needs to one up them (or at least match them. I actually don't like his programs in some ways but I think they are brilliant - if that makes sense . I don't like the music that much but they are well done and if you were a judge just because it isn't your fave music but it is well done it should be marked accordingly not because you didn't like the music ie. someone does western and you hate western music but froma competitive aspect it cans till win if it is well done. Just your taste is different. I will have to try to review this site; I wonder why Johnny dropped out. He still had a chance to move up and the scores show it too. I know it is a different competition but what will it take for Chan to match the scores of Tak (Dai) like at the WTT this year? Even with the mistakes it doesn't look like he would score enough.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Base Value:

Chan- 70.98
Oda- 76.48
Kozuka- 74.87
Brezina- 72.09
Dornbush- 72.13
Menshov- 68.82

Chan's BV is 5th(!) only. The rest did over-generous GOE of 14 points and abnormal PCS.

jaylee

Medalist
Base Value:

Chan- 70.98
Oda- 76.48
Kozuka- 74.87
Brezina- 72.09
Dornbush- 72.13
Menshov- 68.82

Chan's BV is 5th(!) only. The rest did over-generous GOE of 14 points and abnormal PCS.

It is completely illogical to look at Base Value before the positive or negative GOE is factored in and conclude that since Chan's BV is "5th(!) only"...what are you trying to say, exactly? :confused: The others had falls or landing errors that resulted in negative GOE, but that's not going to show up in a Base Value comparison.

But you probably didn't want to compare TES, because Chan had the highest TES. :popcorn: As he should have because he landed two clean quads. He lost BV with his doubled jumps, but he's also a good spinner and his other jumps were clean, so he racked up his GOE that way.

deedee1

Record Breaker
I am so worried about Takahiko's lower PCS...:no:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but when judges gave Daisuke 80+ PCS on his bad day like at CoC last week, and 90+ to Patrick with a couple of doubled jumps like tonight, my understanding is that judges are normally ready to reward Daisuke 90+ and Patrick 95+ for their perfect skates, right?
What I donot understand is why judges can NOT give Takahiko at least 80+ with his decent skate like tonight??? :confused: I do not like. AT ALL. :mad:

Sad Menshov missed the podium for less than 1 point...

As for LP programs for each skater, I will comment tomorrow after I watch them on TV. Almost 2am time to go to bed. Good night, you guys!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
After the sp results I expected Weir to withdraw from some reason, so it was no suprise to me. Congratulations to Chan and Kozuka!!! In my opinion Menshov should have gotten the bronze medal.

Yeah, I feel bad for Menshov too, didn't he come 4th in his last event as well?

Mao88

Record Breaker
MEN'S FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Patrick CHAN (CAN) - 262.35
2. Takahiko KOZUKA (JPN) - 229.99
3. Michal BREZINA (CZE) - 224.56
4. Konstantin MENSHOV (RUS) - 223.72
5. Nobunari ODA (JPN) - 217.92 Free Skate
6. Richard DORNBUSH (USA) - 210.89
7. Artur GACHINSKI (RUS) - 209.84
8. Zhan BUSH (RUS) - 199.37
9. Denis TEN (KAZ) - 177.77

chloepoco

Medalist
I am so worried about Takahiko's lower PCS...:no:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but when judges gave Daisuke 80+ PCS on his bad day like at CoC last week, and 90+ to Patrick with a couple of doubled jumps like tonight, my understanding is that judges are normally ready to reward Daisuke 90+ and Patrick 95+ for their perfect skates, right?
What I donot understand is why judges can NOT give Takahiko at least 80+ with his decent skate like tonight??? :confused: I do not like. AT ALL. :mad:

Sad Menshov missed the podium for less than 1 point...

As for LP programs for each skater, I will comment tomorrow after I watch them on TV. Almost 2am time to go to bed. Good night, you guys!

I agree; I really enjoy watching Kozuka and always feel that he gets a little low-balled on his PCS.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
But you probably didn't want to compare TES, because Chan had the highest TES.
This statement doesn't make any sense. How I could "didn't want to" if I was speaking about 14 points of GOE plus to BV and therefore TES in general. BV is the most objective mark in the current judging system because it has lesser human factor involved. Surely when the skater doesn't challenge top class elements like 3A and ends up with double jumps, it's quite easy to get high GOE for safe elements.