2012 Cup of Russia Free Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2012 Cup of Russia Free Dance

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I dislike this I/K program. It starts out OK, but it turns offensive to me as well. If they wanted to skate to Ghost, there were better ways to accomplish it. The theater-on-ice bit doesn't work for me in a competitive setting. And it looked sloppily skated to me, and not particularly difficult.

kosjenka

On the Ice
What the hell is this music? This is offensive to me. Purely on a taste level.

I dont understand this.
Morozov is insane.
There is dialogue and they are skating to it.
It was so weird. They dare to be different but I thought they should be skating to the music not "lyrics"???

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hmm, do like S and Z. I and k too bad. Shibs what in the world? Poor Alex. In general really low scores which isn't going to give anyone confidence of beating say D and W (V and M) or passing P and B. I thought P and B would be passed by at least one if not two, three or even four teams (C and L, I and K, B and S and Wand P). Hoeever and I appreciate each competition is different suggest differently. You know looking at all the event there is no Wow program yet - usually you can see the potential - okay maybe D and W's short, Chan's programs are really awesome but I just am not fan of the music but you can see the genius. ditto for V and M and Takahashi.

Quite frankly, I think Alex Shibutani's goal was to finish without collapsing.

samson

Medalist
It is interesting, because I'm pretty sure "Help Me" is also what the audience was feeling during that mess.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
I concur. That looked like a bad soap opera in which the actors were wearing skates. What the hell.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Now on to Burlesque Carmen.

ETA. Retracted. This looks like it's been altered (for the better). I seem to remember a previous version with more wandering, groping hands. Still don't like that lift where she's um....on his shoulders. Decent program now, but not destined to be one of my favorites of theirs like the Mahler.

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
92 for I/K's skate, oh well, since the judges are being generous V/M deserve about 300 for Carmen.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Elena ILINYKH / Nikita KATSALAPOV - I'm a bit surprised no one recognized the "Ghost" dialogue. Picture Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze. I'm not a fan of the movie but I recognized the story line. I don't know that I think it works as a Free Dance.

kosjenka

On the Ice
Timing just does not seem right to me.
Amazing difficulty, their power is breathtaking.

Eurosport guy just called Tessa Katy Perry :D

samson

Medalist
A.H. Black, my feed kept skipping so I didn't get to watch the whole thing. Did they throw any pottery during the routine? ;) I guess it's good to know there was SOME intention behind those words. But still....