Dream podiums for worlds? | Golden Skate

Dream podiums for worlds?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I am not thinking of tactics for Sochi, but for people who have great programs and also some age. Suzuki has battled much, and if she is to be WC it is this year. She is so all around wonderful. I wish her great luck...would she be the oldest ladies champion at Worlds? How old was Maria B? Akiko is so complete-she needs luck and love from the judges. Also, this is the first year I feel Kira is more fluid...again her age and years. She is blindingly beautiful and I am thrilled for her recent success. It's great to see Europeans and Northamericans podium. I'd like to see Ashley peak with her LP and skate as well if not better than last year. Silver or bronze. If one of our most talented teens like Goldie or Aggie pulls an upset over the vets, well, wunderbar.

Sentimentally I'd love to see Akiko win if she brings her A game and one of our ladies podium-Ashley as the most senior and our champion and Kira prove she made right decision heading for Sochi. Her skating is finally catching up to the uber elegance. Glam should not matter but beauty is part of ladies and when these stunning girls skate like great athletes, it is just lovely-beauty is of course subjective but is healing in a fragile scary world. I won't be disappointed if they are outs kated big time by a teen prodigy-just hope it is Goldie or Aggie if that happens. Do you have a sentimental podium? Of course, may the best win that event.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Men
1. Takahiko Kozuka
2. Javier Fernandez
3. Jeremy Abbott

Ladies
1. Ashley Wagner or Akiko Suzuki
2. Ashley Wagner of Akiko Suzuki
3. Mao Asada

Pairs
1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
2. Kavaguti/Smirnov
3. Duhamel/Radford

Dance
1. Virtue/Moir
2. Weaver/Poje
3. Bobrova/Soloviev

ivy

On the Ice
Thinking about this it was surprising to me how little I care about everything except for Mens

There :

Chan
Kozuka
Abbott

I once was more engaged in Pairs and Ladies too,but the haven't caught my attention yet

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Who knows who is even going to go to Worlds. Assuming these picks show up...
Men: G Chan S Plush B Hanyu
Women: G Yuna S Ashley B Adelina

noskates

Record Breaker
Men:

Chan
Abbott
Fernandes

Women:

Wagner (yes, I'm being partisan)
Asada
Suzuki

Dance:
Davis and White

sunny0760

On the Ice
Thinking about this it was surprising to me how little I care about everything except for Mens

There :

Chan
Kozuka
Abbott

I once was more engaged in Pairs and Ladies too,but the haven't caught my attention yet

:biggrin: I usually do not reply in the thread like this but your list is surprisily the same as mine! They have been my favorites since 2008.
As for Abbott, I think I became a figure fan shortly before Vancouver olys mostly because of his perfect National performances and I almost gave up seeing FS after I saw his very disappointing results there.
His conditions seem to be not the best this season but I can always dream of his being on the podium at Worlds. For whatever reasons, I cannot stand the fact that he has never been on the podium at Worlds yet.
And even though I like Chan and Kozuka very much, I would like to put Oda in the list too. After such silly mistakes, misfortunes and injuries, he has very good programs this year and deserves some redemption.

Ladies have been subpar this season to me. Can Yuna deliver after the long sit out? I wish all the best for her. Want to see her build momentum step by step until Sochi regardless of Worlds this year.
Maybe this year is Kiira's last chance for World podium so I hope she does well enough for it.

Pair and Dance are somewhat predictable even if I have my own favorite... so I don't think it is so much a DREAM podium.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I can dream, right?:biggrin:

My picks:

Men:

Chan
Abbott
Fernandez

Ladies:

Kim
Asada
Osmond :)laugh::popcorn:)

Pairs:

Don't know and don't care.:p

Ice Dance:

V/M
D/W
W/P

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
Hmmm...dream podiums would be:

1. Daisuke Takahashi
2. Javier Fernandez
3. Patrick Chan
(would love to see Florent Amodio on the podium too, but I don't think that will ever happen)

1. Ashley Wagner
2. Mao Asada
3. Gracie Gold
(I also like Akiko, as many of you mentioned, but I just think it would be so awesome if Gracie made the World podium)

1. Volosozhar/Trankov
2. Savchenko/Szolkowy
3. Pang/Tong

1. Davis/White
2. Virtue/Moir
3. Weaver/Poje
(honestly I'd like to see Weaver/Poje at the top of the podium, but that might be a little too wishful)

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Men:
1.) Hanyu
2.) Kozuka
3.) Fernandez

Ladies
1.) Asada
2.) Korpi
3.) Wagner

Pairs
1.) V/T
2.) B/L
3.) S/S

Dance
1.) D/W
2.) V/M
3.) C/L

bibi24

Final Flight
Men:
1.) Daisuke Takahashi
2.) Yuzuru Hanyu
3.) Nobunari Oda

Ladies
1.) Asada
2.) Korpi
3.) Osmond

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Ladies
1. Asada
2. Kostner
3. Korpi

Mao has a nice comeback, Korpi gets her first world medal and Kostner doesn't have the pressure of being a two-time world champion going into the Olympic season.

ETA: though I'd be more than happy to see Akiko on the podium.

Men
I don't really like too many programs this year, or the direction in which men's skating is going. I guess if Fernandez can get a medal for Spain, that would be cool.

Pairs
1. P/T
2. S/S
3. K/S

V/T's coronation cannot be allowed to proceed, and K/S are a much nicer pair with nicer programs. P/T get a parting gift and S/S don't have to go into the Olympic season with too much pressure. Thus, everyone's a winner!

Dance
1. P/B even though I dislike their FD
2. V/M even though I dislike their FD more
3. C/L because I couldn't think of anyone else and Anna and Luca are cute.

Last edited:

figuristka

Medalist
Men's

Chan
Hanyu
Takahashi

I know these were the medalist last year but love them!

Ladies

Suzuki
Asada
Korpi

Dance
V/M
D/W
Weaver/ Poje

Pair's isn't interesting me this year so far.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
MEN
Chan
Hanyu
Fernandez

LADIES
Kostner
Kim
Asada

PAIRS
Savchenko-Szolkowy
Pang/Tong
Volosozhar/Trankov

ICE DANCE
Virtue/Moir
Bobrova/Soloviev
Cappellini/Lanotte

cinnamon

On the Ice
LADIES
Wagner/Asada
Asada/Wagner
Korpi
(I'd love to see Gold on the podium, but am afraid that'd add more pressure on her for the next season.)

MEN
Takahashi
Plushenko
Kozuka

PAIRS
Volosozhar/Trankov
Kavaguti/Smirnov
Savchenko/Szolkowy

ICE DANCE
Davis/White
Virtur/Moir
??

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Men:

1 Hanyu
2 Takahashi
3 Plushenko

Ladies:

1 Kim
2 Asada
3 Liza T.

Pairs:

1 V/T
2 S/S
3 B/L

Ice Dance:

1 D/W
2 V/M
3 C/L

Last edited:

IleK

On the Ice
My dream podium, that means I can be as much subjective as I want and it has nothing to do with a real prediction :)

Men: I definetly want Daisuke to win but I would also like Hanyu. I love Fernandez programs and it will also be nice to see a european on podium. I also like Kozuka and very much Machida (Lambiel is a genius:)). I already said it, this I also like a little bit of Chan. So it's hard with only 3 places. But: 1. Daisuke, 2. Hanyu, 3. Fernandez

Ladies: When I first saw Akiko's LP on youtube, before she presented it at JO I said :"I want her to be world champion this year!". I don't like her SP and until now it wasn'tvery well received by the judges. But she is a late bloomer, so I think at world she will look much better and consistent than now. I don't know about Yuna and Carolina, if they are coming or not. I like both of them but this year I want some new faces on the podium. I think I would like 1. Akiko 2. Ashley and 3. Kiira and Mao and Gracie around the podium.

Pairs: I don't know yet, Tatiana and Maxim were my fav but I didn't like the way they won at CoR. If they win worlds then they should skate clean just because they can and have far more better programs than the germans (and costumes!!!). Than I really don't know, have no favourites.

Ice dance: exactly the opposite, I have too may favourites: Tessa&Scott, Kaetlyn&Andrew, Nathalie&Fabian, Anna&Luca, Madison&Evan and I also like Meryl&Charlie's SP but they were never my fav. This is hard: 1. Tessa&Scott 2. Nathalie&Fabian 3. Kaetlyn&Andrew and the rest around the podium.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
MEN
1)Chan
2)Hanyu
3)Plushenko

LADIES
1)Kim
2)Wagner/Sotnikova/Tuktamysheva:) I hope that they CAN upset Wagner but there are many buts...Especially for Sotnikova
3)Wagner/Sotnikova/Tuktamysheva

PAIRS

1)Volosozhar/Trankov
2)Savchenko-Szolkowy
3)Bazarova/Larionov

ICE DANCE
1)Virtue/Moir
2) Davis/White
3)Bobrova/Soloviev

icefan1005

Rinkside
MEN