Dream podiums for worlds? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Dream podiums for worlds?

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Men:

1.) Daisuke Takahashi - even though I don't love his programms this year, I really want him to become WC for a second time.
2.) Yuzuru Hanyu - we can't have our little wonder baby do worse than last year ;)
3.) Javier Fernandez - nice programms, and it would be so great for spain!

Ladies:

1.) Mao Asada - I could never go for anything else.
2.) Akiko Suzuki - lovely FS, and she'd deserve it.
3.) Adelina Sotnikova - partly to proof those wrong who wrote her off already. Plus, I want a newcomer on the podium, but Elizaveta Tuktamysheva or Gracie Gold would be great too.

For Pairs, I just want S/S to win. And P/T to do nice enogh so they can be proud of themselves. In Dance, I'd like to have the Shibos and P/B in the podium, I like those way better than V/M or D/W.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Men:

1. Yuzuru Hanyu
2. Daisuke Takahashi
3. Michal Brezina

Ladies:

1. Ashley Wagner
2. Gracie Gold
3. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Ice Dance:

1. Davis/White
2. ShibSibs
3. Virtue/Moir

Don't have much of an opinion on Pairs...sorry

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
My dream podium for Men 2013 Worlds would be

1. Chan
2. Abbott
3. Oda

I have other favorites but would dearly wish for Abbott and Oda to each win an over due Worlds medal. The others will have their chances, especially in the Olympics, but really, I would like to get this "injustice" over with and move on.

rosacotton

Final Flight
Men:
1. Fernandez
2. Takahashi
3. Chan

Ice Dance:
1. Davis/White
2. ShibSibs
3. Virtue/Moir

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm doing to do dream top 6

Ladies
1.) Akiko Suzuki (love her FS this year; I think the SP is a work in progress, but could be great by worlds)
2.) Yuna Kim (I'd be OK with her winning, but she's a big question mark at this point)
3.) Ashley Wagner (She looks REALLY great so far this season
4.) Mao Asada (Beautiful as always, but I feel like she needs more tech content to be a contender)
5.) Gracie Gold (Great tech, but PCS components (save transitions and skating skills) need work)
6.) Adelina Sotnikova (Would also be okay with her being way higher. She has great ice coverage, speed and presence but her jumps have been failing her this year. If that changes, I'd put her higher).

Men
1.) Yuzuru Hanyu (Such strong programs this year; he just needs to skate them)
2.) Javier Fernandez (The guy has 3 quads planned in his FS; craziness!)
3.) Takahiko Kozuka (Love both his programs this year; so lucky I got to see them live!)
4.)Patrick Chan (I actually like his programs this year and he is showing improvement in his expression. I don't feel right putting him much lower)
5.) Nobunari Oda (I really like both his programs this season, in particular his SP.)
6.) Ross Miner (What can I say, I love this guy. He is the most underrated guy in U.S. Men's figure skating)

Pairs
1.) S/S (The class of the field
2.) MT-M (I really like their programs this season.)
3.) V/T (Their programs are ridiculous this season, namely the SP. But can't deny their basics are high class)
4.) D/R (I am eh on their programs, but admire their strong tech)
5.) P/T (Could easily have them higher...)
6.) D/C (Just for improvement's sake; hoping they can work on their PCS components in the next few months!)

Dance
1.) D/W (great SD; think the FD needs work but could be quite enchanting!)
2.) V/M (great FD, but the SD doesn't quite do it for me)
3.) B/S (I really like both of their programs this year. Even the dark Faust/death FD works somehow)
4.) P/B (I like their ambition this year. That said, I'm not sure if they have the programs to back it up.) Actually I like C/L's programs better, so I'd put them here as well
5.) C/L or P/B
6.) S/S (I want them to show redemption....and prove the naysayers wrong. I think their FD could be amazing with a few more outings. Obviously far from where they were in 2011, but I think if they beat a few teams, it would be good.

naan

Rinkside
MEN
1) Patrick Chan
2) Daisuke Takahashi
3) Javier Fernandez

LADIES
1) Yuna Kim
2) Carolina Kostner
3) Ashley Wagner (or Elizaveta Tuktamysheva)

PAIRS
1) S/S
2) P/T
3) V/T

DANCE
1) V/M
2) D/W
3) W/P

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Well, this is what I want..

Ladies:
1) Ashley Wagner
2) Akiko Suzuki
3) Kaetlyn Osmond - I know this is a long shot, but you said DREAM..

I'd be fine with the top two being reversed.

MEN

1) Daisuke Takahashi
2) Patrick Chan
3) Konstantin Menshov - once again, DREAM..

PAIRS

1) Savchenko/Szolkowy
2) Volosozhar/Trankov
3) Duhamel/Radford

DANCE

1) Virtue/Moir
2) Davis/White
3) Pechalat/Bourzat

seniorita

Record Breaker
Dream Podium :biggrin:

Men
Daisuke
Kozuka
Hanyu

Ladies
Mao
Ashley or Akiko
Liza or Adelina

Pairs
S/S
P/T
V/T

Dance
P/B
C/L
I/K

deedee1

Record Breaker
rosacotton, please accept my warm welcome to you, too! :)

Men:
1) Lysacek
2) Weir
3) Plushenko

:popcorn:

:laugh: :points: to evangeline!!!

As for my dream podium, I have secretly talking to the skating god and already made a wish for this season...so that no one would complain me or get in the way! :biggrin:

Last edited:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Mens Podium is harder...veterans or newer guys?

I'd like to see Javier have two perfect skates and win Gold for Spain...they could use some good, unexpected news. I would like to see jeremy skate like he does in practice and just be relaxed. His LP is really beautiful if he can just do the jumps then perform with his heatr. If he won I'd be ecstatic as he could retire with no regrets. I am assuming he gets there, and as for bronze, incredible skating by Florent Amodio. He is fabulous. The Japanese and Chan dominate the podiums and likely will for a long time. These are the different programs and I think florent just flies. Such feet. It would be fun to have a total European/American upset. Michal Brezina has a non-stop racing program and it could be entertaining to see his LP done so well. PChan has won twice, as has Dai, Hanyu has so much time and it seems inevitable. Chan would have to not show up to place below silver but spread the wealth around, my motto.

AS for pairs V/T are the classic and S/S win everything. I hope they do not win this year and Caydee and John into Bronze. They have improved and it is nationalistic, but I think they could earn it.

Ice dance is impossible but I think Charlie and Meryl are the best in the world, so gold for Marlie. Next the Shibutanis are so, so good and no one is better at their so smooth style. Hard to do ice dance without romantic elements/programs, yes? But they skate with such unison, I have loved them from day one. I hope for silver-I adore this team and the Canadian team of Weaver /Poje expect 4th so I hope for bronze. Again, Voir are expected to be gold and over marked. I really do not think they are so much better than other teams mentioned and I get tired of the rep advantage. They are very handsome and look like they have a secret romantic connection, but I expect that is just good acting. I like the speed of marlie. I think they do the most difficulyt choreo in the world and hope they are not the bridesmaids once again to Tess/Scott. I thought their FD (Voir) looked slow and I was not inspired. Comparie it to last years Marlie FD which should have won the WC shows who is the best team. Vancouver was magic, but rep judging seems the norm still in ID.

Dream on, Dream on Drean on, Dream until your dreams come true. (Steven Tyler)

Last edited:

Orange Cat

On the Ice
Men
1. Dai
2. Kozuka / Chan
3. Fernandez

Ladies
1. Mao Asada (if she cleans up her jumps)
2. Akiko Suzuki
3. Ashley Wagner

Pairs
1. S/S
2. Pang/Tong
3. Donlan/Speroff (this is a dream podium, right? Lol)

Dance
1. Davis/White
2. Virtue/Moir
3. Bobrova/Soloviev. I really love their programs this year!!

R.D.

Record Breaker
I'll do LADIES only

Any podium that:

1) has Wagner or Gold at the top spot, assuming that's the US team (in my perfect scenario, they go 1-2)
2) is missing Korpi

is fine by me. :biggrin:

LRK

Record Breaker
Ah, to dream.... Well, then:

Men:

1. Plushy
2. Joubert
3. Fernandez

Yes, yes, I know, but... Also, this also conveniently doubles as my Euros wish podium. :) (And I hope I haven't jinxed it by saying that... )

Pairs:

1. Pang/Tong
2. Kawaguti/Smirnov
3. Volosozhar/Trankor OR Savchenko/Szolkowy

Yes, I know, very likely, right? But, if one may dream... Also, at least there's a pretty good chance of three of them being on the podium, if not quite in that order. ;)

Ladies:

1. Mao Asada
2. Akiko Suzuki
3. Liza T

This was somewhat tricky... I'm well on my way to becoming a Liza uber, but I don't think I even want her to win gold her first time out - far, far too much pressure! - even had it been at all likely.

And lastly... well, I don't actually watch ice dance, but yet somehow I have developed a soft spot for:

1. Davis/White

So, there we go. :)

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
1. Kiira Korpi
2. Mao Asada
3. Gracie Gold

1. Fernandez
2. Amodio
3. Chan

1. Ilynikh/Katsalapov