NRW Trophy 2012. Dortmund, December 5th-9th 2012. | Page 2 | Golden Skate

NRW Trophy 2012. Dortmund, December 5th-9th 2012.

skateranne

Spectator
Thanks for the welcome. Looks like it's going to be a great competition. Let's hope the big names will all show up :)

HR4

On the Ice
I am not sure whether this was posted somewhere before, but according to team-rusiia2014, Plushenko is not going to participate, and his first start of the season is National Championship.
So one star is out. Hopefully Yu-Na and SS will show up

HR4

On the Ice
here is the link for Plushenko's interview in Russian.

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/6289.html

Noting interesting I guess except for this news. here is a quick summary: Plushenko plans to repeat scenario of last season, his participation in Worlds is an open question, he had some medical procedures recently in Germany, we anticipates a son in the beginning of January.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I kind of expected some withdrawals. I wouldn't even be surprised if Yuna doesn't show up. All those Yuna fans might be very disappointed then. For me it is the first time I will see figure skating live, so I'm looking forward to it, no matter who will skate or how small the venue.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
^Yes, I'm so excited. :love:

Anyway, I read on Eurosport that S/S are not competing in German Nationals and that their next competition will be European Championships. So that means they are not coming to NRW, either? I don't quite get it, they could have known that before they were put on the entry list, right? Mmmmh...

skateranne

Spectator
^Yes, I'm so excited. :love:

Anyway, I read on Eurosport that S/S are not competing in German Nationals and that their next competition will be European Championships. So that means they are not coming to NRW, either? I don't quite get it, they could have known that before they were put on the entry list, right? Mmmmh...

It says on their website that they are going to compete at NRW.......

Nadia01

Final Flight
I kind of expected some withdrawals. I wouldn't even be surprised if Yuna doesn't show up. All those Yuna fans might be very disappointed then. For me it is the first time I will see figure skating live, so I'm looking forward to it, no matter who will skate or how small the venue.

I haven't heard anything about her WD yet, though I haven't read anything about her condition either.

She has to go to at least one B-comp to go to the Worlds, IIRC, and she is determined to go to the Worlds this year, so you'll see her compete here or maybe another one.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
And it also looks like that he will surely miss Worlds (in the interview, he had just said that he wasn't sure)... So, the only "big" skaters at NRW will be Yu-Na, S/S, Marchei and the Helgessons.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
And it also looks like that he will surely miss Worlds (in the interview, he had just said that he wasn't sure)... So, the only "big" skaters at NRW will be Yu-Na, S/S, Marchei and the Helgessons.
:confused: First of all, Yu-Na and S/S are in a class by themselves. The Helgessons and Marchei are nowhere near that level of achievement.

Also, unless there have been WDs I'm unaware of, there are skaters who are at a comparable level to those three, and some who are considerably more accomplished than that: Brezina, Gachinski, Makarova, and Berton/Hotarek all come to mind.