NRW Trophy 2012. Dortmund, December 5th-9th 2012. | Page 10 | Golden Skate

NRW Trophy 2012. Dortmund, December 5th-9th 2012.

Nadia01

Final Flight
At 2009 worlds, Yuna received 68 for PCS with doubled salchow. With current inclination to increase PCS for skaters with reputation, Mao being a clear example, I'd say 68 PCS here is rather conservative.

I agree with you. I thought she got low-balled on PCS here.

bluesky85

On the Ice
People also predicted a clear victory for Yuna at 2011 Worlds. Just saying.
Anyway, congrats to her. I am happy she came back that strong. I want to see her skating with fire, like she did before Vancouver because after that I felt her heart was no longer on the ice. She is a rare talent and I've missed her skating

I agree... We never know until the actual event, so we will find out at Worlds. The fire will come with time, I hope. She is still putting herself back together at the moment, I think.

M

mylastduchess

I agree with you. I thought she got low-balled on PCS here.

??? to get 68 she would have had high 8 and low 9 are you telling me that she deserved to get 11's when your always complaining that Mao or Carolina overinflated?

Anyways there is no need to worry, skaters who have competed all season often makes mistakes and Yuna's mistakes are not anything alarming (I don't think she will ever fall on a 2T again) , I think that was surprisingly well done for a comeback skate after a long hiatus.

bluesky85

On the Ice
I feel this early crowning is jinxing her. I expect the other ladies to step up their game at worlds. Maybe Mao will bring back her 3A. While I agree she is a front runner, I don't expect her to get 69 PCS at Worlds with an error filled program. I don't see the judges rewording her that much on PCS compared to Mao and even Ashley. But technically she is the best, no doubt about that. Just needs to keep herself together. She always was the best jumper and somehow only got a single world title. She is on the right track and will probably be more prepared than she was in 2011 but I hate hate hate the early crowning. And the stupid comparison with Mao's score when they were not in the same competition

Yeah... I agree with you 100%. As much as I am Yuna's fan, I would be cautious to crown her so early because anything can happen on the ice.

ordinary person

On the Ice
:unsure: I wasn't aware that Yuna has a 3A. And really, does anyone do that type of three jump combo? Even the guys usually go for 3-3-2s or 3-2-2s, and don't do a 3A as the first jump of a three jump combo.

My apoligies, i meant 3A/3T/1lo, now i feel embarrassed.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
It makes me feel a little uncomfortable that she got a 200+ here for two slightly uninspired skates. I mean, I get it; she did say she was at NRW mainly to focus on getting enough points and she would work on expressiveness later AND she's skating rather well for someone who has been on hiatus for a year, but it's still a little weird.

Am I the only one who thinks her SP dress doesn't match the suspenseful 60s vampire music either?

babyalligator

On the Ice
It makes me feel a little uncomfortable that she got a 200+ here for two slightly uninspired skates. I mean, I get it; she did say she was at NRW mainly to focus on getting enough points and she would work on expressiveness later AND she's skating rather well for someone who has been on hiatus for a year, but it's still a little weird.

Am I the only one who thinks her SP dress doesn't match the suspenseful 60s vampire music either?

This is because she's not supposed to be a vampire. She is portraying someone who has been bitten by one. Following vampire lore, this would be a young, sometimes virginal, woman. That she is dressed in a lighter color makes sense in this context.

bebevia

On the Ice
Both her dresses, I thought, are ok's than dramatic, while still beautiful (and not tacky, thank god!).
As for the SP dress, Yuna mentioned several times that she's the bitten, not the biter :) I find how the red rhinestones were laid out was quite unique and interesting.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
This is because she's not supposed to be a vampire. She is portraying someone who has been bitten by one. Following vampire lore, this would be a young, sometimes virginal, woman. That she is dressed in a lighter color makes sense in this context.

I understood that part (the red decorative "line" through her collarbones pretty much gave that away), but I honestly still don't think it matches the music. I get it, she's portraying a character; one that has been bitten by the being that the music is actually for ... but there's just still something off about it.