NRW Trophy 2012. Dortmund, December 5th-9th 2012. | Page 5 | Golden Skate

NRW Trophy 2012. Dortmund, December 5th-9th 2012.

Zora

On the Ice
I have to admit I didn't really like the program, at least not on the blurry stream, and there is still something awkward about her skating, but gooood jumps!

prettykeys

Medalist
:love:
I have to admit I didn't really like the program, at least not on the blurry stream, and there is still something awkward about her skating, but gooood jumps!
I haven't seen it but I am hoping as the rust wears off she will get better still. :love:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Be grateful that you had a stream at all, blurry or not. It crashed on me with no recovery right when Yuna was about to begin! :(

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Protocol http://www.lev-nrw.org/lev2008/docs/event/1189/Senior_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf

Yuna got no UR. But received Lvl 3 on all her spins & step, and somehow still managed to get 72.27...

I actually think the technical caller is wrong on her first and last spin. Both should be Lvl 4. Her first spin had the butterfly then two rotations, Yu-na variation, catchfoot, and inside edge all for at least two rotations. The second spin had the cannonball, A-frame, jump then sit for two positions, and a Y-split positions - all held long enough as well.

Nadia01

Final Flight
I actually think the technical caller is wrong on her first and last spin. Both should be Lvl 4. Her first spin had the butterfly then two rotations, Yu-na variation, catchfoot, and inside edge all for at least two rotations. The second spin had the cannonball, A-frame, jump then sit for two positions, and a Y-split positions - all held long enough as well.

Hmm. I'm not sure if they were called wrong or not (I'm not very familiar w/ spin rules). But regardless, I think she'll improve on her spins & other elements, so it should be interesting to see how she does in London.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Hmm. I'm not sure if they were called wrong or not (I'm not very familiar w/ spin rules). But regardless, I think she'll improve on her spins & other elements, so it should be interesting to see how she does in London.

Oh, no worries. I wasn't calling out your quote, just the judges. But you're right, I think she'll get better with the speed of her spins and the depth of her edges. I can't wait until 4CC where I hope she competes.

Nadia01

Final Flight
Oh, no worries. I wasn't calling out your quote, just the judges. But you're right, I think she'll get better with the speed of her spins and the depth of her edges. I can't wait until 4CC where I hope she competes.

I heard that she is not likely to be there b/c of her Pyoengchang ambassador duties or something. :sigh: I hope that isn't true b/c I think the program can benefit from more practice, if you know what I mean. Though...maybe other skaters don't want her to compete after this lol

ks777

Record Breaker
Yuna will only get better from here. I am so happy to see her back!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The NRW Trophy organizers must be beside themselves between the packed attendance and all that extra sponsorship money. So funny to see Korean in the Kiss and Cry booth of a competition in Germany.

Anyway, welcome back to Yuna! She did great. I thought she was a bit tentative and when I say that I mean to her previous standards, but I think she achieved her goal of returning well! I look forward to seeing this program improve over the season.

MiRé

Match Penalty
wow the Korean Commentators apologized because the cameras couldn't keep up with Yuna's speed LOL!!!! Queen is indeed back

figureskate

On the Ice
maybe other skaters don't want her to compete after this lol

Valentina Marchei was interviewed yesterday just before the gpf by RAI commentators and she said that a lot of skaters were very excited to attend NRW Trophy because they would have seen Yuna back. But you are right, if I were an elite skater I would be scared by her performance today

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Savchenko/Szolkowy

New costume. Black w/ colorful paint-splash trims

3FTh - high
3T+3T+SEQ - she has stepout on 1st. I think someone doubled the 2nd
FiDs
FCCoSp - unison fine
ChSq
3FTw
3S - she doubles
Li
Li
PCoSp
Li
3STh

Problems w/ sbs jumps. I think this program is a bit boring...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
James/Cipres

3FTw
3S
3T - she falls
FCCoSp
FiDs
Li
3FTh - twofooted
3STh - stepout
ChSq