NRW Trophy 2012. Dortmund, December 5th-9th 2012. | Page 8 | Golden Skate

NRW Trophy 2012. Dortmund, December 5th-9th 2012.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mae Berenice Meite

3F+2T+2T
3Lz - hand down, turn
3Lo
StSq
CCoSp
2A+3T
ChSq
3F - twofoot, hand down
3T+2T
2A
FUSp
LSp

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I want to add that she did land FIVE clean triples including a 3Flip, 3Lutz and 3Lutz+3Toe combo. Considering Mao's scores at GPF's free skate, this is fair.

Yuna can still do 3/3 so 200+ is right if Mao can score 197+ with 4 triple jumps
this is her first competition I have no doubt she will beat Mao at Worlds

Mao88

Record Breaker
Kim - 3Z+3T, 3F, FCCoSP, 3S, StlSq, 3Z, 1A+2T+1R, 3S+2T (fell), LSp, ChSq, 2A, CCoSP

All the main jumps and elements are there. Just made a few mistakes towards the end due to tiredness. That's something that can be eradicated with greater fitness and more competitions as the season progresses.

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
I think Yuna Kim's score is alright. My stream only showed the bad parts, but if she landed 5 clean triples, I'm not surprised she passed the 200-mark

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Yuna can still do 3/3 so 200+ is right if Mao can score 197+ with 4 triple jumps
this is her first competition I have no doubt she will beat Mao at Worlds

People also predicted a clear victory for Yuna at 2011 Worlds. Just saying.
Anyway, congrats to her. I am happy she came back that strong. I want to see her skating with fire, like she did before Vancouver because after that I felt her heart was no longer on the ice. She is a rare talent and I've missed her skating

Lyanpark

Rinkside
I think Yuna Kim's score is alright. My stream only showed the bad parts, but if she landed 5 clean triples, I'm not surprised she passed the 200-mark

Someone said it was 5 tripes. But according to my count, it is 6 tripes. 3lz+3t, 3f, 3s, 3lz, 3s+2t (fell)

Nadia01

Final Flight

6 triples, tho I don't know about URs yet (no protocol & feed quality was poor)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
People also predicted a clear victory for Yuna at 2011 Worlds. Just saying.
Anyway, congrats to her. I am happy she came back that strong. I want to see her skating with fire, like she did before Vancouver because after that I felt her heart was no longer on the ice. She is a rare talent and I've missed her skating

she doesn't even need to be at her best, the ladies technical contents are so low that what she can do with 3/3 makes it look like a rare quad for ladies ( for veterans that is )
combined with her highest PCS, she will be the favorite for 2013 Worlds, Mao must get her act together by Worlds, a 3-4 Triple jump will not win her now that Yuna is back

ordinary person

On the Ice
Doing a 1A/1T/1lo combo instead of a 3A/3T/3lo combo shows she's not good enough yet for the triple combo jumps.

Krislite

Medalist

Yes, her clean elements were:
3Luz+3Toe
3Flip
3Salchow
3Lutz
2Axel

She fell on a 3Salchow+2Toe
She popped her 2A+2T+2L combo

Both were towards the end of the program, indicating her stamina is not fully there yet.