NRW Trophy 2012. Dortmund, December 5th-9th 2012. | Page 9 | Golden Skate

NRW Trophy 2012. Dortmund, December 5th-9th 2012.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Someone said it was 5 tripes. But according to my count, it is 6 tripes. 3lz+3t, 3f, 3s, 3lz, 3s+2t (fell)

I did not count the 3S+2T as a clean triple, although you can argue that the 3S was clean, but the 2T was not. But yes, she got BV for 6 triples.

gimble

On the Ice
Doing a 1A/1T/1lo combo instead of a 3A/3T/3lo combo shows she's not good enough yet for the triple combo jumps.

Perhaps it is more of a stamina issue. The intention I'm sure was to do 2A/2T/2Lo but it was later in the program and she didn't have energy to do so. Her team may have to look at the layout and rearrange as she could do another jump later after slower part of the program.

figureskate

On the Ice
It would have been very hard even for a man...plus in the second half of the program o_O
actually she was attempting a 2a-2t-2lo

ordinary person

On the Ice
Tell that to every single skater. You're saying she's "not good enough to do combos", I showed you that she could. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

You don't have to be so defensive, all i said was if she did it in practice she should have easily done it in the free program which i was hoping for.
Anyways this is just her first time after a quite a while so i know she'll be better.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
she doesn't even need to be at her best, the ladies technical contents are so low that what she can do with 3/3 makes it look like a rare quad for ladies ( for veterans that is )
combined with her highest PCS, she will be the favorite for 2013 Worlds, Mao must get her act together by Worlds, a 3-4 Triple jump will not win her now that Yuna is back

I feel this early crowning is jinxing her. I expect the other ladies to step up their game at worlds. Maybe Mao will bring back her 3A. While I agree she is a front runner, I don't expect her to get 69 PCS at Worlds with an error filled program. I don't see the judges rewording her that much on PCS compared to Mao and even Ashley. But technically she is the best, no doubt about that. Just needs to keep herself together. She always was the best jumper and somehow only got a single world title. She is on the right track and will probably be more prepared than she was in 2011 but I hate hate hate the early crowning. And the stupid comparison with Mao's score when they were not in the same competition

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I feel this early crowning is jinxing her. I expect the other ladies to step up their game at worlds. Maybe Mao will bring back her 3A. While I agree she is a front runner, I don't expect her to get 69 PCS at Worlds with an error filled program. I don't see the judges rewording her that much on PCS compared to Mao and even Ashley. But technically she is the best, no doubt about that. Just needs to keep herself together. She always was the best jumper and somehow only got a single world title. She is on the right track and will probably be more prepared than she was in 2011 but I hate hate hate the early crowning. And the stupid comparison with Mao's score when they were not in the same competition

:confused: Mao PCS did not drop even with her disaster FS at NHK, I dont get why Yuna wont score 69 in PCS

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
Whether Yuna and Mao are in the same competiiton or not, ppl will always complain that Yuna always get high scores.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Doing a 1A/1T/1lo combo instead of a 3A/3T/3lo combo shows she's not good enough yet for the triple combo jumps.
:unsure: I wasn't aware that Yuna has a 3A. And really, does anyone do that type of three jump combo? Even the guys usually go for 3-3-2s or 3-2-2s, and don't do a 3A as the first jump of a three jump combo.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
:confused: Mao PCS did not drop even with her disaster FS at NHK, I dont get why Yuna wont score 69 in PCS

Mao's scoring at NHK was bad and I hope that kind of judging won't happen again. I'm not saying Yuna won't crack 60 in PCS but close to 70 it never happened except Vancouver. I believe 66 or 67 for PCS are rare in ISU events and the program does not have visible errors like falls/step-outs. I was trying to say that there isn't a big gap in PCS between Yuna and Mao. Yuna does have the technical advantage which makes her the one to beat in my book

Mao's scoring at NHK was bad and I hope that kind of judging won't happen again. I'm not saying Yuna won't crack 60 in PCS but close to 70 it never happened except Vancouver. I believe 66 or 67 for PCS are rare in ISU events and the program does not have visible errors like falls/step-outs. I was trying to say that there isn't a big gap in PCS between Yuna and Mao. Yuna does have the technical advantage which makes her the one to beat in my book

At 2009 worlds, Yuna received 68 for PCS with doubled salchow. With current inclination to increase PCS for skaters with reputation, Mao being a clear example, I'd say 68 PCS here is rather conservative.

creme cup

Rinkside

PCS doesn't REALLY need to be relevant to technical mistakes. I always see that Yuna's presentation, SS, transitions and so on always in place, whether she makes mistakes or not.
It's true that there may not be 'the thrill' we get from a clean program, but that is not all about the PCS. It's not those old 6.0 times.