Czisny Suffers Another Training Setback | Golden Skate

Czisny Suffers Another Training Setback

KKonas

Medalist
Czisny is scheduled to perform on Sat Nov 10 in Phoenix in the Pandora Unforgettable Holiday Moments on Ice show, according to the Facebook page and website of Disson Skating.

The show will air nationally on NBC on Sunday, November 25, 4:00 p.m. ET. "Check your local listings."

https://www.facebook.com/DissonSkating/posts/411480148917337

Sorry to inform you that Czisny withdrew from the show in Phoenix, Joannie Rochette is there instead. It seems that Czisny apparently suffered a set back in her training. Have no info on whether she will be ready for NHK, but from what I am hearing it doesn't look promising.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Sorry to inform you that Czisny withdrew from the show in Phoenix, Joannie Rochette is there instead. It seems that Czisny apparently suffered a set back in her training. Have no info on whether she will be ready for NHK, but from what I am hearing it doesn't look promising.

Interesting...dying to know why she won't withdraw then....

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Interesting...dying to know why she won't withdraw then....

This. And if she waits more than another day to do so, possibly denying somebody else an opportunity, then she goes down many notches on the bigsis' Respect Scale.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Thx for the update, KKonas. Please keep us posted on Czisny's status for NHK and Nationals.

Rochette already belonged to the cast of Holiday Moments on Ice anyway (http://www.dissonskating.com/2012/1...pandora-unforgettable-holiday-moments-on-ice/) -- but what a shame that Czisny has had a setback. :(

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Czisny didn't withdraw from Worlds 2012 even though she had to have known she couldn't land her jumps. It's not that surprising that she hasn't withdrawn from NHK.

emma

Record Breaker
Czisny didn't withdraw from Worlds 2012 even though she had to have known she couldn't land her jumps. It's not that surprising that she hasn't withdrawn from NHK.

Not to confuse threads, but we just learned that Mirai is going to NHK...any recent word on Czisny?

tulosai

Record Breaker
Not to confuse threads, but we just learned that Mirai is going to NHK...any recent word on Czisny?

She'll never withdraw because she has no integrity in that vein, and I'm done defending her about this, but I don't much care anymore since Mirai has a spot. I wish Osmond could get one too but they'll never let her have one and Czisny's spot will go to some bizarre unknown if she does through some miracle withdraw.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now that we are 10 days from the start of NHK in Japan, JSF is no longer required to fill a vacancy. Czisny probably wouldn't withdraw until a few days out anyway.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
She'll never withdraw because she has no integrity in that vein, and I'm done defending her about this, but I don't much care anymore since Mirai has a spot.

Going forward, I hope no skaters are defended in these situations. Two years in a row an injured skater hurt the USA's chance of sending 3 skaters to Worlds, and Rachel wasted a GP spot this year by showing up at SA clearly hobbled and unable to do even a proper layback.

noskates

Record Breaker
This just fries my grits. I agree with drivingmissdaisy. Some of these women quite frankly just need to retire! I realize that's a tough decision when you've worked for years but never quite realized what you thought your potential was. But in this day and age with some of the younger skaters coming up with incredible technical ability combined with developing presentation skills it's just not sportsmanlike to continue hanging on by your toenails in the hope of a miracle. Have a little integrity please and give back to the sport you've loved for so long.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Going forward, I hope no skaters are defended in these situations. Two years in a row an injured skater hurt the USA's chance of sending 3 skaters to Worlds, and Rachel wasted a GP spot this year by showing up at SA clearly hobbled and unable to do even a proper layback.

I think it is a little more nuanced than never... for example, if an injury occurs when you are already on site and there is no time for a replacement. I defended Czisny partly because I really believed she did not expect she would preform that poorly. In the immediate aftermath she was not saying she was injured and I had no real reason given her history of inconsistency to think she was. I don't think we should tell people to withdraw just because they are wildly inconsistent and blow it. It now seems clear, though, (in as much as we can know anything 'for sure' when we are not the skaters or their coaches) that Czisny was injured and did, actually, know she was probably going to preform that poorly.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
She'll never withdraw because she has no integrity in that vein, and I'm done defending her about this, but I don't much care anymore since Mirai has a spot. I wish Osmond could get one too but they'll never let her have one and Czisny's spot will go to some bizarre unknown if she does through some miracle withdraw.

Technically, I believe with Mirai getting a spot and Rachael Flatt now out for the season, I believe Osmond would be in the top 5 substitute list now. Though it's doubtful she would get another spot....and yeah NHK would be more likely to choose someone like Sarah Hecken...

^ I know, right? Everyone has a chance to be a hero instead of a fool, but no-o-o-o.

Alissa could withdraw, saying she gave it her best shot but now it looks like the better plan is to marshall her resources for nationals.

The USFSA could take the high road and say, now that Mirai has a spot we don't have anyone to send that is more deserving than Osmond, so we throw out support to Kaettlyn.

Then the Japanese federation could say, hot dog! We can add Osmond as well as Mirai and have the competition of the season. Is it remotely possible that Osmond will knock Asada or Suzuki out of the Finals? Anything is possible, but that's why we have competitions.

Win, win, win! :yes:

Curses! I'm so sorry to hear this about Alissa.

I know that I should be angry at her for not withdrawing, but I always feel I can't grasp the full story. I wasn't angry at Rachael either (except maybe this year at Skate America, when she clearly had insufficient practice as well as whatever injuries plagued her--she should not have been there).

If Alissa ethically should withdraw, what would Yuka and Jason's role be in either telling her to take that action or allowing her to stay in? What are their obligations as coaches, and will they be tainted by anything if Alissa is seen as "hogging" a chance she can't use?

Sk8Boi

Match Penalty
IMHO, the decisions that Czizny is making regarding continuing her competitive skating career at her age, with her body issues (hip), her injuries, etc. are delusional.

She is DONE. Problem is that she exhibits no signs of accepting that she is a head case whose body is now too old and too damaged to sustain her through the training she needs to do to be competitive and improve, and be a consistent skater with difficult technique.

Czizny, Flatt, Nagasu and Zhang are all American Ladies Competitors who need to RETIRE from competition, skate to make money to pay their families back something, become independent and leave the sport with dignity.

Czizny has a college degree in languages from the age of 18 - 19 or something, but does not appear to be interested in anything except skating until she embarasses herself REPEATEDLY. Her trying to make a "come back" this year is lame and pitiful.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
IMHO, the decisions that Czizny is making regarding continuing her competitive skating career at her age, with her body issues (hip), her injuries, etc. are delusional.

She is DONE. Problem is that she exhibits no signs of accepting that she is a head case whose body is now too old and too damaged to sustain her through the training she needs to do to be competitive and improve, and be a consistent skater with difficult technique.

Czizny, Flatt, Nagasu and Zhang are all American Ladies Competitors who need to RETIRE from competition, skate to make money to pay their families back something, become independent and leave the sport with dignity.

Czizny has a college degree in languages from the age of 18 - 19 or something, but does not appear to be interested in anything except skating until she embarasses herself REPEATEDLY. Her trying to make a "come back" this year is lame and pitiful.

Just curious is there someone you actually like?

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker

WOW! Are you going for Troll of the Year or what?

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Yes. There are skaters I respect and even like.

Do tell. It's obvious you abhor American skaters (Alissa, Mirai, Rachael, Caroline)...

So who do you respect or like? I'm just curious...

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well I do see SK8Bois position; not sure if I would word it that strong but it is refreshing to have someone call it as they see it - right or wrong. Arguably all 4 have had their run and they have not pulled through or at least yet. Still they like even skaters I am bored of like McCorkell are trying their best.