Johnny talks about Voting | Golden Skate

Johnny talks about Voting

Arianne

On the Ice
I heard from one source that he was withdrawing from the event. Has that been confirmed? Will he be replaced? Thank you for any info.

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Yes, Johnny has officially withdraw from EP. His name is crossed from the list available at the ISU site.

Trewyn

Medalist
I'm crushed! I was SO looking forward to see him in real life :( I hope Brian will be there at least. And of course there's Ashley :)

MasterB

Final Flight
Its a real shame. He really needed to do this event and get his programs out there for better or for worse. His practices were looking fine. I hope that he is not seriously injured.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
So sad for Johnny! I hope he will be health and prepeared for Nationals...

gmyers

Record Breaker
Abbott could perhaps beat amodio if he has his jumps with his Pcs being so good. Its not quite skate America 2009 with that field. Interesting that verner and amodio are here like sa 2009 but amodio is better.

gmyers

Record Breaker
What a varied mixed of positions he has! That rural pennsylvania upbrining is very influential and then the electoral college can disenchant no doubt.

emma

Record Breaker
It's really too bad that Weir had to withdraw - I do hope he can get it together physically (and otherwise, but I emphasize physically) to have a good nationals.

I hate to mix topics - but someone mentioned Abbot above -are there any reports on his physical/health status?

kosjenka

On the Ice
I am thoroughly disgusted by Weir's craven ignorance in this column:
http://www.fcnp.com/commentary/national/12971-johnnys-world-my-right-to-vote.html

As such, I know longer care about this misguided fool.

Ignorance?
If anything - he gave a very clear input why so many people his age do not vote.
The enthusiasm of people back in 2008 for "Change" & "yes - we can" Obama reminded me of computer geeks on starta-ups and their speeches of changing the world. Wake up dude - you are making phone apps!

There is no real choice in american presidential elections. Not that many other countries have it different. When someone admits publicly that they see it like that - they get scrutinized.
In so many states it doesn't matter to vote if you are a democrat, in some if you would give your vote to republican.
Not to mention elections within the parties for the national candidates.

KKonas

Medalist
Ignorance?
If anything - he gave a very clear input why so many people his age do not vote.
The enthusiasm of people back in 2008 for "Change" & "yes - we can" Obama reminded me of computer geeks on starta-ups and their speeches of changing the world. Wake up dude - you are making phone apps!

There is no real choice in american presidential elections. Not that many other countries have it different. When someone admits publicly that they see it like that - they get scrutinized.
In so many states it doesn't matter to vote if you are a democrat, in some if you would give your vote to republican.
Not to mention elections within the parties for the national candidates.

Sorry, there is no excuse for not voting. By not voting you are allowing someone else to make decisions for you. It is this attitude that hurts the democratic process.