Nan Song is heading to TEB | Golden Skate

Nan Song is heading to TEB

Ilvskating

Final Flight
although the doctor recommended 14 days of rest afer the collison at SC, Song was determined to compete at TEB. I'm worried about the long term effect. is it dangerous to start intensive training immediately after the injury? I guess he was thinking about get the necessary points to go to world. in addition, he has a realistic short at the podium just as at SC. I wish him all the best! I really admire athletes. They just have the incredable will power to achieve their goals. Go Nan Song!

PS: this sounds really shallow, but IMO Nan Song is the most handsome Asian skater, and Javier maybe the most adorable skater. He was even more adorable last year, but a bit grown up this year. I wish Abbott gets a major medal this year, peaking at the right time. this is really OT:)

Last edited:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I too agree he is the most handsome Asian skater:love:. But it is his masculine style that captured my attention last year. Just hope he will stay out of bad luck and remain healthy till he retires.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Wishing Nan Song all the best, with all his youthful foolhardiness/courage. A beautiful young man indeed.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I just hope he won't injure badly, I'm not sure if this was the right decision... being a skater, I know how difficult it is to skate when you have an injury, you tend to be either too cautious (popping your jumps) or reckless (is this the right word? Anyway, I mean that you could have bad falls while trying difficult jumps). :think:

LRK

Record Breaker
Poor boy! That sounds quite worrisome - I'm sorry to hear that he isn't feeling his best yet, and hopefully he won't aggravate anything by competing. But wishing him all the best!

Ilvskating

Final Flight
I just hope he won't injure badly, I'm not sure if this was the right decision... being a skater, I know how difficult it is to skate when you have an injury, you tend to be either too cautious (popping your jumps) or reckless (is this the right word? Anyway, I mean that you could have bad falls while trying difficult jumps). :think:

The article quoted him saying feel sleepy all the time after the concussion, but otherwise fine. is that something to worry about?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
The article quoted him saying feel sleepy all the time after the concussion, but otherwise fine. is that something to worry about?

He is just stubborn/determined and foolhardy/courageous like many young people, defying doctors' directive from day 1 and declaring he would practise and go to TEB. All concussions are serious and any additional one compounds the danger. I do hope and pray he never incurs any head injury from now on.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Adam Rippon ‏@Adaripp
Great work in Paris, Team USA! So glad to see Nan Song is healthy after our crash in China, too... See you in Japan for NHK next week!
11:22 PM - 17 Nov 12​