2012 TEB Pairs SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2012 TEB Pairs SP

tulosai

Record Breaker
Fantastic by D/R until her HARD fall on the SBS jumps. To be able to land the throw seconds after that she really does have the heart of a lion. Unison off a bit on the SBS spins and it was super obvious because they didn't end at the same time.

Otherwise very VERY good. I think they will go easily into first despite the mistakes.

tulosai

Record Breaker
62.28 and into first. Neither looks overjoyed but they seem accepting; she smiled a bit.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
62? Am I missing something? It's a bit too much comparing with what the Chinese got

The italiens were lovely but I'm sure they won't get near 62:disapp:

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
62? Am I missing something? It's a bit too much comparing with what the Chinese got

The italiens were lovely but I'm sure they won't get near 62:disapp:

D/R had a lot going on between the elements that the Chinese do not have. As one example, at one point I thought they were beginning their footwork sequence and was surprised they had moved it, but they actually were just doing some footwork between elements. In addition, I think they had a higher level on their lift and footwork sequence (and I'd give them higher GOE on the footwork sequence for sure) though we'll have to see protocols to be sure.

tulosai

Record Breaker
57.30 for B/H and into third. They look happy. I really enjoyed their program.

Now yay K/S!!

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
I agree that the first place is quite deserved in spite of the fall. Let's see if they stay there though - K&S are doing really beautifully so far.

tulosai

Record Breaker
yaaaay K&S. If that doesn't go into first I will be quite upset. I really think they are a beautiful team :)

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Gorgeous program from K&S there. This event was better than I thought it'd be. :thumbsup: Now for the men.

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Yuko KAVAGUTI & Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS) - 66.78 Short Program, 2nd Copy
2. Meagan DUHAMEL & Eric RADFORD (CAN) - 62.28 Short Program, 2nd Copy
3. Cheng PENG & Hao ZHANG (CHN) - 59.92 Short Program
4. Stefania BERTON & Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) -57.30 Short Program, 2nd Copy
5. Ksenia STOLBOVA & Fedor KLIMOV (RUS) - 53.64 Short Program, 2nd Copy
6. Daria POPOVA & Bruno MASSOT (FRA) - 52.96 Short Program, 2nd Copy
7. Vanessa JAMES & Morgan CIPRES (FRA) - 51.44 Short Program, 2nd Copy

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Back in 2008, K/S'd already gotten 72 73 etc... for sub par SPs. Here, 66 for that SP?
K/S is being dumped. Their SP is great, SS is amazing, the flow, the mood go so well. And they get the same as a mistake-ridden B/L, who are the most overrated skaters living or dead. Or in B's case, half dead. Looks like good score and K/S are never ever ever getting back together. Urgh, thanks Taylor.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Back in 2008, K/S'd already gotten 72 73 etc... for sub par SPs. Here, 66 for that SP?
K/S is being dumped. Their SP is great, SS is amazing, the flow, the mood go so well. And they get the same as a mistake-ridden B/L, who are the most overrated skaters living or dead. Or in B's case, half dead. .

I know, I cant believe that scored only a 66+, a score B/L got with ridden errors :bang:
their PCS is too low, I hope their consistency this season will help them lifted again

mousepotato

On the Ice
After 2010, one element was removed from the short program (PCoSp) so their score by default will be about 5.40 less that it would have been back then.

They only received a level 1 on the death spiral (not enough revolutions and no hand change); had it been a level 4, the score would have been 1.50 higher. All those thing considered, their score today would have been about 73.68 give or take a few hundredths.

Also, this was a good program but they can perform some of those elements much better; like the jumps (landed but not in unison), twist (a level 4 but still too low), the throw (low and scratchy) and lift (exit could be much smoother.) The spins were spot on, probably the best in pairs and the footwork was good but their unison can be improved upon throughout the season.

So no, they didn’t have a fall but it was far from what it could be; but it’s only the second time they have competed it.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
K/S: This didn't break 8s for PCS. Think about that. This program needed to be scored about a full point higher across the board. Wow. I'm really irritated now. I would LOVE to know why this didn't break 8 in choreography. The elements were so bang on the music it was uncanny. I predicted D/R beating them and I think that's still realistic, but man, this team is totally getting shellacked and it's just disappointing. I'm not even annoyed about them skating to this piece of music (which they've done so many times before) - that's how awesome this choreography was.

D/R: A massively difficult program, so wow. They're getting there, and the level of choreography and performance their showing is impressive

P/Z: A solid elements skate.

B/H: Have a better Rolling Stones program than P/B. Interesting choreography and interpretation.

Last edited:

mousepotato

On the Ice
K/S: This didn't break 8s for PCS. Think about that. This program needed to be scored about a full point higher across the board. Wow. I'm really irritated now. I would LOVE to know why this didn't break 8 in choreography. The elements were so bang on the music it was uncanny.

They actually did get 8s in two categories: Interpretation (8.07) and Performance/Execution (8.04) and they were very close on Skating Skills (7.93) and Choreography (7.96.) Their lowest PCS was 7.61 in Transitions. Many of these can be improved throughout the season this only being the second time they have been judged on the program.

I'm excited to see P/Z improve over the next few years but I still think bronze is wide open.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I know, but overall, I'd have pegged this as a 34-35 PCS program, 37 if skated perfectly.

I agree. This SP should get at least 35 PCS. And much higher if skated perfectly.
V/T's crap got almost 36 for PCS. Ridiculous.

This is why I don't think K/S can catch any of the other teams, no matter what they do. The judges have been sending them very clear messages.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
After 2010, one element was removed from the short program (PCoSp) so their score by default will be about 5.40 less that it would have been back then.

They only received a level 1 on the death spiral (not enough revolutions and no hand change); had it been a level 4, the score would have been 1.50 higher. All those thing considered, their score today would have been about 73.68 give or take a few hundredths.

Also, this was a good program but they can perform some of those elements much better; like the jumps (landed but not in unison), twist (a level 4 but still too low), the throw (low and scratchy) and lift (exit could be much smoother.) The spins were spot on, probably the best in pairs and the footwork was good but their unison can be improved upon throughout the season.

So no, they didn’t have a fall but it was far from what it could be; but it’s only the second time they have competed it.

Thank you for the explanation.