2012 TEB Short Dance SD | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2012 TEB Short Dance SD

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
H/D looked good I thought! I really like this program, I love how they do certain elements a bit differently than other teams, especially the twizzles. To me, they have great chemistry (unlike R/T), and I just enjoy watching them. I agree with another poster though, that the YP section didn't seem to QUITE work with the music--almost, but not quite. Still, I think they're starting to add more detail and flourish to the programs. Interesting--comparing this to the Shibs' SD last week--I could see H/D topping the Shibs in this segment at Nationals (although it would depend on a lot on their respective level scores, of course).

I like this team a lot as well.

As for beating the Shibs at Nationals in the SD, I do say it's possible and I agree it will come down to levels.

Comparing to the two dances side by side:

H/D had the higher levels at 25.50 vs 24.00 for the Shibs.
** H/D got level 1 and 3 on their polkas; Shibs got level 2 and 3 on their polkas.
** However, the Shibs got level 2 on step sequence + twizzles (which is unlike them) while H/D scored level 4 on twizzles and lift and a level 3 on the step sequence.

As far as GOE, the Shibs win with 3.29 vs 2.35 for H/D.

Can't really do PCS since it's two different competitions but for what it's worth the Shibs got 30.97 vs. 28.69 for H/D.

But I think the bigger thread in the SD is actually Chock and Bates. Their COC SD was VERY good.
* They got 28.50 BV, way above either couple
* That included a level 4 polka seuqence; and level fours on twizzles and rotational lift.
* They do lose to the Shibs in +GOE with 2.40.

We're in a bit of an apples and oranges situation as this was the first outing of the SD for the Shibs and C/B and H/D have had multiple outings with theirs between GPs and Senior Bs. So I hope by NHK Trophy we have a better idea.