2012 TEB Men's Short Program SP | Golden Skate

2012 TEB Men's Short Program SP

LRK

Record Breaker
Please men's event - don't be a shambles! It's my favourite discipline, and really, the last two weeks there has been little joy to be had... I just wish that everyone goes out there and do their best... Especially, of course...

Go, Brian!!!!!!!!!

On the one hand, he started his on ice-training on Monday, which is... worrisome... On the other hand, with no GPF on the line, maybe he can just relax and just "do his thing", which is really what I wish for.... (All right, I want him to win, but I'm sure you all know what I mean.... :) )

let`s talk

Match Penalty
This empty arena is just one horrible look.

Chinese fans were angry that a guy with either safe skating policy or simply the one who doesn't have a quad ended up above Nan.

bixby

Final Flight
First group results;

1. Jorik HENDRICKX BEL 68.90 1
2. Jinlin GUAN CHN 65.77 2
3. Nan SONG CHN 65.75 3
4. Chafik BESSEGHIER FRA 58.28 4

Art&Sport

Medalist
Some tension and nerves in the first group. Nice for Jorik that he landed everything. Good to see Nan back out there, but he did seem a bit tentative, understandably. It's probably good that he got out there to compete. Hope Nan does better in the fp, as I think he has the talent to be leading after the first group.

Nan's countryman, Jinlin has nice lines and a good program -- just needs more maturing and experience.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
For someone one who did successfully major elements judges should have given a better PCS.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
It wasn't perfect but it was good, very good! He always manages to get back on track. I loved his steps

Art&Sport

Medalist
Very entertaining for Brian. I'm sure he'll score well, despite the fall-out on the 3-axel. He doesn't have great lines and stretch and not much re transitions, but he's beloved, and there was great drama and charisma -- his trademark. :)

Mura is fairly good techniquely, but no artistry to speak of.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Wow, I thought Brian might get closer to 80 for that performance (at least 78 or 79), but I guess the judges are not giving him extra points for his charisma. I think Brian is a better overall skater than Mura, and Mura had some slight technique problems (not clean on his quad), but I guess the judges are taking off for Brian's turn out on his 3-axel landing.

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Only 1 point more than Mura on PCS. No home scoring advantage in France

EDIT: I simply can't watch Tomas anymore. It's heartbreaking :disapp::disapp::disapp:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Well, with 2T in combo and sloppy landing in 3A, that TES... the GOE must have been generous... Okay