2012 TEB Ladies Short Program SP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2012 TEB Ladies Short Program SP

ForeverFish

Medalist
Both Julia and Ashley looked great, IMO. I thought that Ashley should have received the higher score, though, mainly due to her interpretation of the piece--very eerie and spot-on.

DianaSelene

Medalist
There was never a "case open." This is just a skating message board, not an inquisition or a court of law. :laugh:

Fans (me included) will always have a beef or two or three with ISU judges and CoP, as long as the world turns.

You seem to have a beef with most of the ISU judges, though, since most of them scored Julia pretty highly.

Selene

On the Ice
Well exactly. If Julia makes the same mistakes in her FS as she did at COC - she will probably lose, as both Ashley and Liza skating clean would probably overtake her. However, if Julia skates clean, she will win.

Ashley's TES was 63 at Skate America. If Ashley delivers a similar performance, Julia will have to get a TES score near 70 to beat her, as Ashley's PCS score will be at least a couple of points higher. So, not only does Julia need to deliver a clean performance to win, she needs Ashley to make mistakes as well. Julia is far from unbeatable. She couldn't even beat a well past-her-prime Mao Asada, who can barely rotate a clean triple these days, at COC. I think Mao only rotated three triples in her free skate, yet still beat Julia.

Art&Sport

Medalist
i've seen julia's skate now. To me, she is a basically a junior skater with a pretty good 3-3 and a lot of flexibility. Her jumps are very small. Gracie gold's 3-3 is much more impressive, not to mention yu na's.

ita!

Mao88

Record Breaker
I've seen Julia's skate now. To me, she is a basically a junior skater with a pretty good 3-3 and a lot of flexibility. Her jumps are very small. Gracie Gold's 3-3 is much more impressive, not to mention Yu Na's.

Julia's jumps are not small. You have simply picked that idea up from other posters. Her jumps may look small, but that is only because she herself is physically small. Relative and proportionate to her own height, her jumps are completely normal in height. As she grows, so therefore will the height of her jumps. In that, she reminds me of Tara Lipinski. And we all know what Lipinski went on to achieve.

The other myth that is being put about is that she has a poor 2A. Nonsense. Again, it reminds me of Tara Lipinski's. Whilst it is not her best jump, as with Lipinski it is not going to cause her any problems as there will never be any need for her to upgrade it to a 3A

Last edited:

gioccia

On the Ice
I agree with the 1st and 2nd, it is sport, you can't win with 3+2, if Julia is clean and Ashley doesn't gor for 3+3, she'll beat her on TES and that will be right. It's sport!

Great job Polina,
I'm not enjoying this year's Liza, she's gained weight and her skating looks hard... You get the impression that she is goiung to faint...

Art&Sport

Medalist
Julia's jumps are not small. You have simply picked that idea up from other posters. Her jumps may look small, but that is only because she is physically small. Relative to her own height, her jumps are completely normal in height.

Wow, another 10 out of 10, for effort. ;)

Art&Sport

Medalist
The pot calling the kettle black.

:laugh:

I hope your comment made you feel better.

Nope. This kind of back and forth triviata only makes out-of-control, 3-year-old egos feel better (and we all have them, whether you realize it or not). Guess your "case" was never really closed, but I'm removing my ego from this nonsense. Enjoy the skaters you love. :)

DianaSelene

Medalist
Nope. This kind of back and forth triviata only makes out-of-control, 3-year-old egos feel better (and we all have them, whether you realize it or not). Guess your "case" was never really closed, but I'm removing my ego from this nonsense. Enjoy the skaters you love. :)

Thanks, I will. I love Lipnitskaya's skating and hope she does well in the future and the judges seem to agree with me, so I have no complaints.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Julia's jumps are not small. You have simply picked that idea up from other posters.
Absolutely not true. I have seen her jumps with my own eyes. Feel free to see my comments about her tiny double axel on the Cup of China thread, posted several weeks ago. Tiny girls can have big jumps, by the way. See Midori Ito.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Julia's jumps are not small. You have simply picked that idea up from other posters. Her jumps may look small, but that is only because she herself is physically small. Relative and proportionate to her own height, her jumps are completely normal in height. As she grows, so therefore will the height of her jumps.
No, girl. Midori is 4'9 and she jumped like a throw.
Julia's jumps are tiny. Her 2A is very questionable.
As she grows, you are confident her jumps will stay with her? I doubt she can retain the loop in a year or two.

The other myth that is being put about is that she has a poor 2A. Nonsense. Again, it reminds me of Tara Lipinski's. Whilst it is not her best jump, as with Lipinski it is not going to cause her any problems as there will never be any need for her to upgrade it to a 3A
What myth? You can't see she has a bad 2A?

bixby

Final Flight
All I can say is that the long program is definitely longer than the short and in about 12 hours or less we'll know who will win the GOLD. :slink: