2012 TEB Ladies Short Program SP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2012 TEB Ladies Short Program SP

bluesky85

On the Ice
I understand why Lipnitskaya gets higher PCS. Because her flexible movements that most people dislike are actually difficult transitions. And I think she deserves that score, she has that "wow" factor. The crowd always goes crazy after her unique spins at the end of program. She does something original that nobody in the current field can do, right? But of course I agree that she is not mature, and skating with no sense except ambition.

I actually think your comment makes a good sense :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This is correct. The judges are keeping it close. Her PCS, rightfully so, I 'm guessing, is much higher.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Second place it is but basically she is tied with Julia. I predict Ashley will win overall just like Mao did in China. I would absolutely love to see Liza with a silver and with a chance to qualify but it won't happen.

tulosai

Record Breaker
This is correct. The judges are keeping it close. Her PCS, rightfully so, I 'm guessing, is much higher.

Actually looking at it now I agree. I haven't read the protocols but I'm guessing the TES is correct; her PCS relative to Julia's are much higher as you say. I am okay with this result.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Way to go, Ashley!

I don't care about Lip's jumping and contortionist abilities, she lacks musical interpretation and maturity. I would have Ashley in first, with slightly higher scores on TR and CH at the least.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Actually looking at it now I agree. I haven't read the protocols but I'm guessing the TES is correct; her PCS relative to Julia's are much higher as you say. I am okay with this result.

As I said, I think Ashley is being a good competitor. No need to peak at TEB! Get that 3-3 perfected for Worlds!

Lucky Star

Final Flight
I don't like Ashley's SP, the music is annoying. But she did very well today and I'm agree with the results

tulosai

Record Breaker
Way to go, Ashley!

I don't care about Lip's jumping and contortionist abilities, she lacks musical interpretation and maturity. I would have Ashley in first, with slightly higher scores on TR and CH at the least.

She has much higher scores on both TR and CH. It was the TES that got her.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I understand why Lipnitskaya gets higher PCS. Because her flexible movements that most people dislike are actually difficult transitions. And I think she deserves that score, she has that "wow" factor. The crowd always goes crazy after her unique spins at the end of program. She does something original that nobody in the current field can do, right? But of course I agree that she is not mature, and skating with no sense except ambition.
Yes, this makes sense, I think, but I would prefer Tuktamysheva's mature interpretation over Julia's "circus contortionist-like" program!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
And now Julia gets an edge call on her 3Lz. In China she got an edge call on her 3Flip. This is strange. Both Polina and Liza got low levels on spins. Polina had her 3Loop URed. Liza's GOE was overall modest. I thought her 2A was to die for

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Got to see Mai and Ashley performances only. WOW for Ashley, loved it. She really owns that piece of music.
Mae was great too, I think that was the best I have seen her skate. Looking forward to seeing the videos.

Congrats to Julia!

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Looking at the protocols: Ashley got two level 3 spins that she typically gets level 4s on. If she got those levels, she would have been in the lead for sure. Drat!

herios

Medalist
Ashley did what she needed to do, a good clean program. That is important, not that she was edged out by Lipnitkaya. That does not mateer at this point.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Julia!What a fighter!What a competitor!))))I want her to win:love: I think she'll do better than in China, where she gave the win to Mao.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
And now Julia gets an edge call on her 3Lz. In China she got an edge call on her 3Flip. This is strange. Both Polina and Liza got low levels on spins. Polina had her 3Loop URed. Liza's GOE was overall modest. I thought her 2A was to die for

Last year Polina's spins got higher levels, I wonder what has changed. And that triple loop cost her 3 points if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, that was a very nice ladies short program. I am happy with the result though I wish Polina could fully rotate her triple flip and at least pass Meite. Good luck to all ladies in free skate!

Art&Sport

Medalist
She has much higher scores on both TR and CH. It was the TES that got her.

Hey, I'm saying that I think Ashley's PCS scores should be even a bit higher, IMHO, especially on TR and CH. Ashley is clearly a much more mature and polished skater with greater presentation skills than Lip. This sport over-rewards on jumping ability and if you can perform 3/3s with ease and are a contortionist too at a very young age, they seem to love to inflate your PCS as well.

I feel the judges would even have marked Ashley higher on PCS (as well as TES obviously) if she had completed a 3/3. They are disregarding the beautiful and graceful way Ashley completed her combo with arms overhead on the second jump (which is never given enough credit for the difficulty).