Interesting 2010 Tim Goebel interview | Golden Skate

Interesting 2010 Tim Goebel interview

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Good to see that he was able to move on and find something else great to do with his life. There just aren't enough professional opportunities and he'll do well in finance or investment banking. I'd like to see more skaters follow his path when they wrap up their amateur careers.

Johar

Medalist
Alot more skaters and gymnasts go to college and have plans for careers out of their sports than in the 80s or 90s. Or so it seems.

noskates

Record Breaker
What a great interview. Tim is a very articulate young man. Interesting comments about Plushenko at the Olympics.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Plushenkos combo jumps were better then the solo jumps. That is true with both lutz and axel. I don't think the sportsmanship was bad but that doesn't mean you can't have opinions at the first quadless win since 1994 and just shrug your shoulders at it and proclaim that maybe if you wanted to be better for the system you also don't do something that you can do and was important for many years.

Lol at daring tha Chinese teams for quints

I forgot that plushenko skated his best at the olympics. In the sp at the gp of Russia doubled his lutz. If he did that in Vancouver he would have been down there with Oda and weir and it would have been Takahashi vs Lysacek. Russian nationals disaster triples quad and then solo quad and it was just terrible-saved by the fact that it was Russian nationals lol. Europeans also doubled lutz jump in fs would have made he Olympics a landslide for Lysacek. Vancouver was plushenkos best.

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
In Europe, no one talked about Plushy's bad sportmanship, it was a lot more talk about that he was robbed. But we all know the campaign against him in US media.

Evgenia

Rinkside
Thanks. I'm happy to see he makes his life full after amateur career.
Oh Vancouver Vancouver.. It just breaks my heart. Even now I can't forget Joe Inman's scandal. If Inman was Russian, North American medias would burn with anger.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Thanks. I'm happy to see he makes his life full after amateur career.
Oh Vancouver Vancouver.. It just breaks my heart. Even now I can't forget Joe Inman's scandal. If Inman was Russian, North American medias would burn with anger.
Yes, you are totally right. But after Vancouver "Plushy as almost the originator of the 3rd World War!!!! It is a miracle, that Putin did not throw an atomic bomb on poor Canada!!"
:laugh::laugh:

yaya124

On the Ice
I hope everybody would find more interests in Goebel's life than his comments about Vancouver. Aren't we have enough argument about it? Everybody moves on, the Sport moves on.

It is nice that a lot of athletes have life other than in sports. But it is also nothing wrong if they stays in the field. Just saying. Wish all the skaters would have wonderful life after they leave the competitive ice.