2012 TEB Ladies Long Program Lp | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2012 TEB Ladies Long Program Lp

ForeverFish

Medalist
:yay::yay::clap: I'm SOOOOOOOOOO happy with the result!!!!!!!!!Tell me,please, is Lisa in the gpf or not????I want her to go there SO much! She was better than I supposed her to be. She nailed everything! What a performance! And all of it while she is still struggling with her weight:eek:
I still perefer Julia but happy that 2 our girls (I HOPE) get the chance to be in the gpf:love:

I believe that Liza is...Wagner, Korpi, and Lipnitskaia are ahead of her, with the most likely qualifiers from NHK being Asada and Suzuki.

Art&Sport

Medalist
This has been an excellent competition from the top 3 so far. I'd love to see Ashley and Liza finish 1-2...

And your wish is realized. Ashley was excellent! I love how Ashley took her time and accentuated every move. She was really on, but in a very paced way, as if she's building and peaking toward the more pressure-filled and difficult challenges of Nationals and Worlds. I'm so impressed with Ashley's desire and fortitude and with John Nick's professionalism and excellence as a coach. Brava! Bravo!

There's no way that Julia should have ever been in first in the sp, but that's the way the sport is judged, often blindly. I will say overall the judging has been fair. I just feel Julia was a bit over-scored in the sp (being given a bit more credit than she deserved re her poor 2-axel technique, and lack of maturity). That said, obviously Julia, IMO, is someone to watch. As far as Russian baby ballerinas go, I think Tuykt and Julia have the most grit and overall talent, while Sotnikova, Julia and Tuykt have the most potential to fully develop as mature artists. Right now they are little girls trying to express deep emotions that they simply don't have enough life experience to fully express on the ice in a truly complete way.

In watching Julia without that sp get-up, I think she looks a lot better in the fp. I could actually see more of her. I think she moves her arms very gracefully but way too much and not in a purposeful way that really complements the music. I think Julia would make an excellent ballerina, and I wonder why she didn't go that route instead.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
And your wish is realized. Ashley was excellent! I love how Ashley took her time and accentuated every move. She was really on, but in a very paced way, as if she's building and peaking toward the more pressure-filled and difficult challenges of Nationals and Worlds. I'm so impressed with Ashley's desire and fortitude and with John Nick's professionalism and excellence as a coach. Brava! Bravo!

There's no way that Julia should have ever been in first in the sp, but that's the way the sport is judged, often blindly. I will say overall the judging has been fair. I just feel Julia was a bit over-scored in the sp (being given a bit more credit than she deserved re her poor 2-axel technique, and lack of maturity). That said, obviously Julia, IMO, is someone to watch. As far as Russian baby ballerinas go, I think Tuykt and Julia have the most grit and overall talent, while Sotnikova, Julia and Tuykt have the most potential to fully develop as mature artists. Right now they are little girls trying to express deep emotions that they simply don't have enough life experience to fully express on the ice in a truly complete way.

In watching Julia without that sp get-up, I think she looks a lot better in the fp. I could actually see more of her. I think she moves her arms very gracefully but way too much and not in a purposeful way that really complements the music. I think Julia would make an excellent ballerina, and I wonder why she didn't go that route instead.

She hates ballet:laugh:

Art&Sport

Medalist
Wait, Mirai has another GP event? When did this happen

After Shelepen pulled out of NHK Trophy, as I recall, Mirai was picked. As Mirai had been on the available list for some time, she deserved to get the slot.

Ah! I had not expected Alissa to withdraw from NHK. I'm delighted for Mirai!

Mirai is not replacing Alissa. No one has been picked yet to replace Alissa.

brightphoton

Medalist
So Polina Shelepen withdrew? Is Alissa still in the NHK then?

edit: I see, Alissa is out. These withdrawals are hard to keep track of ... maybe the Osmond fans will be placated if she is picked

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Super quick thoughts on top 3:

Ashley: I am so blown away by her composure and focus. She was amazing in this competition! Her SP was gorgeous and her FS was incredible. She's a complete skater and I couldn't ask for more. Any doubts about who's the favorite to win worlds this year? :)

Liza T: SO proud of her! She's been struggling this season with adjusting but I think this performance is proof that she hasn't lost a step in terms of her jumps. Her 3Lz-3T was beautiful! Great technique, wonderful height and coverage...so happy for her! I haven't seen her SP but I'm really happy she got silver...she deserved it based on that FS alone.

Julia: Still not a fan of her skating. I think she has a ton of potential but she really needs some work. It seems like the senior level pressure is getting to her...but she'll get herself together.

I'm SO proud of Ashley and Liza T! I still need to see Christina's programs...hopefully, they'll broadcast hers on NBC tomorrow.

ForeverFish

Medalist
I don't think that JSF will be picking Osmond...Nagasu has been a favorite from the start due to her popularity with the Japanese crowds and her dual citizenship, but from what I recall the home federation has no obligation to fill Alissa's spot so close to the date of competition. Osmond will most likely have to be satisfied with her SC win.

Art&Sport

Medalist
She hates ballet:laugh:

Really? Perhaps then Julia doesn't like the way dancing on pointe is so hard on one's feet/ toes. But still, she obviously has ballet training and a ballet sensibility, so she shouldn't really hate on it. Ballet is a Russian tradition, after all. ;)

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Puberty is not going to be kind those rather small jumps of Julia. If her jumps are not working she doesn't have anything else to fall back on right now.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Puberty is not going to be kind those rather small jumps of Julia. If her jumps are not working she doesn't have anything else to fall back on right now.

Julia actually grew alot this season she is even taller than Liza now

congrats to all the medalists, Julia scores keep getting higher she will do her best in GP Final
and Liza in GP Final, you can never count her out :)

ForeverFish

Medalist
Julia actually grew alot this season she is even taller than Liza now

congrats to all the medalists, Julia scores keep getting higher she will do her best in GP Final
and Liza in GP Final, you can never count her out :)

I'd be very surprised if either Zawadzki or Nagasu managed to knock Tuk out of the GPF...her slot is pretty much a done deal after TEB. Four in, two more (Asada and Suzuki) expected to overtake the current fifth and sixth, Gao and Murakami.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
By the way, I'm SO frustrated with the Russian commentator...He said that it's still a question if Osmond gets her 2nd gp or not.Huh? Am I missing smth? I thought it has already been solved who gets the gp:think:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
By the way, I'm SO frustrated with the Russian commentator...He said that it's still a question if Osmond gets her 2nd gp or not.Huh? Am I missing smth? I thought it has already been solved who gets the gp:think:

well today is the deadline, less than 7 days and it will be impossible to get Osmond

Art&Sport

Medalist
Super quick thoughts on top 3:

Ashley: I am so blown away by her composure and focus. She was amazing in this competition! Her SP was gorgeous and her FS was incredible. She's a complete skater and I couldn't ask for more. Any doubts about who's the favorite to win worlds this year? :)

Liza T: SO proud of her! She's been struggling this season with adjusting but I think this performance is proof that she hasn't lost a step in terms of her jumps. Her 3Lz-3T was beautiful! Great technique, wonderful height and coverage...so happy for her! I haven't seen her SP but I'm really happy she got silver...she deserved it based on that FS alone.

Julia: Still not a fan of her skating. I think she has a ton of potential but she really needs some work. It seems like the senior level pressure is getting to her...but she'll get herself together.

I'm SO proud of Ashley and Liza T! I still need to see Christina's programs...hopefully, they'll broadcast hers on NBC tomorrow.

Absolutely agree re your assessment of Ashley. I for one am not surprised either at her composure and success, and I bet neither is Ashley or Nicks. :)

Liza Tuykt and Julia have a lot of potential and yes they can jump (I think Liza's jumps are technically superior to Julia's but Julia has some beautiful air positions although she doesn't have good height). Also, it's very obvious that Liza is struggling with her body changes, but just by sheer will she got through that fp and completed all of her jumps. However, Liza did not show the maturity, artistry and command of the ice that Ashley showed. I say again, let the young girls grow up.

Those who mentioned Liza suffering from her ankle injury, sure. So the way she fought for her program shows she's as tough-minded as Tuykt. I still think they both are a bit over-rewarded for their technical precocity. Whereas someone like Gao who has wonderful jumping ability too and is exhibiting much more grace and maturity this season, appears to be far more low-balled in the marks when she makes mistakes than Liza and Julia have been.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I doubt if Osmond will get the invite...she did beat Akiko at SC. You don't want to throw in a skater who has the potential to knock off your favorites...and she's definitely capable of shaking up the standings.

I'd love to see her get it just b/c I really enjoy her skating...but even if she doesn't it's okay. She's made her mark this season. :)

ForeverFish

Medalist

Osmond most likely won't get Czisny's vacated spot, and the GPF isn't yet set in stone. Of course Wagner, Korpi, and Lipnitskaia are already in, and Tuk has a 99% chance of qualifying. The only way she won't is if three ladies at NHK manage to overtake her, which is unlikely given the field. Asada and Suzuki are locks for the GPF, but aside from that, I don't see much chance of Zawadzki or Nagasu qualifying.

Art&Sport

Medalist

There is another opening at NHK since Alissa pulled out, but no replacement has been announced. Mirai was picked to replace Shelepen before Alissa pulled out.

Osmond most likely won't get Czisny's vacated spot, and the GPF isn't yet set in stone. Of course Wagner, Korpi, and Lipnitskaia are already in, and Tuk has a 99% chance of qualifying. The only way she won't is if three ladies at NHK manage to overtake her, which is unlikely given the field. Asada and Suzuki are locks for the GPF, but aside from that, I don't see much chance of Zawadzki or Nagasu qualifying.

What if Asada and Suzuki don't perform up to their abilities at NHK? As much as I like Mao, I'm not sure how she prevailed with only 3 ratified triples at CoC. I do agree that Zawadzki and Nagasu likely have less chance than Gao of making GPF, but again, NHK has to take place before we will really know the final results.

Last edited: