Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 108 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

LRK

Record Breaker
I am with you. I like only one thing about this routine - Lisa's infectious smile & enthusiasm. The costume reminds me of Karlsson - for those of you who are unfamiliar with this Swedish children story, Karlsson is described as short, stout, wearing a cap and dungarees with a propeller on his back. (sorry Liza!!!) That makes the whole thing quite funny as it supposed to be sexy. My darling Agatha Christie used to be a strong opponent of young women wearing shorts, saying that once they had a chance to see themselves from behind they would never ever wear them again. I think shorts can only look good on supermodels.
Liza says at the end that she particularly likes this number, and long wanted to do something like that - rhythmic & dance-like. I conclude she is unaware of lyrics - but we won't go into this again! As long as this atrocity remains a summer show number...

Thanks for translating what she said - I was wondering about that.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
#6. sabinfire
#8. CaroLiza_fan

Didn't realise I was already at #6 in posts in this thread (surpassing CaroLiza_fan himself)... go me! :points: ;)

Although understandably, I imagine most of the activity for Liza's topic has spiked recently over the past year.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Didn't realise I was already at #6 in posts in this thread (surpassing CaroLiza_fan himself)... go me! :points: ;)

Although understandably, I imagine most of the activity for Liza's topic has spiked recently over the past year.

How on earth do you guys know how many posts people put in a thread?

*runs for the Internet cave of shame*

Re:the EX
It's alright. A bit lackadaisical if you ask me but it had good moments like the split jump. But overall execution seemed far below her standards. I guess for some reason it being the off season makes that alright. :laugh: Actually the music is alright and since I'm not one to objectify women I'll just tell myself it means dance when you hear the music. (Honestly that's what I had thought just a few pages prior :slink: This sport could use a little controversy from time to time anyway and it looks like Liza is just showing us what a night in the club with her would be like. #fun I'm still a no on the boob grab but it's not offensive or anything. Lolz.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... one of the members with a high post count in this thread ...

*runs for the Internet cave of shame* ...

LOL, I was wondering the same thing as Sam-S ... until I decided that I think CL_fan meant, "one of the members in this thread who has a high post count" -- meaning a high post count on GS overall, not specifically within this thread.

But I shouldn't underestimate CL_fan, who has all kinds of tricks up his sleeve ;) :bow:. Wouldn't surprise me if he knows something that mere mortals like me do not.

#LoiteringInTheCaveOfShame

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
LOL, I was wondering the same thing as Sam-S ... until I decided that I think CL_fan meant, "one of the members in this thread who has a high post count" -- meaning a high post count on GS overall, not specifically within this thread.

That would make less sense to me. Caro has more overall posts than I... and I can count at least 6 members on this one page alone that have more overall posts than I do.

Anyhow, in this thread:

sabinfire: 105 posts
CaroLiza_fan: 71 posts

and adelia at 211! :thumbsup:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
That would make less sense to me. Caro has more overall posts than I... and I can count at least 6 members on this one page alone that have more overall posts than I do.
Anyhow, in this thread:

So did you use the advanced search function to search within this thread by each GS member??

My apologies to CL_fan. I hadn't thought of that method when I posted earlier ... and even if I had, I would have been too lazy :hopelessness: to do ten (or more) searches :laugh:.

#ReturningToTheCaveOfShameAndNeverComingOut

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Considering all the other complex and time-consuming projects that CL_fan embarks on, this one wouldn't be too bad. If you're familiar enough with the 'usual suspects' in the Liza thread, the search thread tool will return results in a couple of seconds, and you could perform 20+ searches to have your top 10 list developed in as little as 5 to 10 minutes... if one cared to dive into that sort of thing. ;)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Good morning everybody (feeling all warm and fuzzy inside)

Didn't realise I was already at #6 in posts in this thread (surpassing CaroLiza_fan himself)... go me!

My excuse is that it was only during the season just passed that I started visiting the Fan Fest forum, and posting in it. Before that, I avoided this part of Golden Skate completely.

But, I've now seen the light and realised the error of my ways.

Yeah. Sam's comment a few days ago that something they had posted exactly a year ago was only on page 10 of this thread pretty much says it all!

*runs for the Internet cave of shame*

But I shouldn't underestimate CL_fan, who has all kinds of tricks up his sleeve ;) :bow:. Wouldn't surprise me if he knows something that mere mortals like me do not.

#LoiteringInTheCaveOfShame

Nope, it was for this thread itself that I was talking about. If it was for the whole of Golden Skate, I wouldn't even come close to the Top 100, never mind the Top 10! Like, look how many posts Mathman has!!!

By the way, Golden, you are 13th in the list of most posts on the whole of GS! I'm not even on the first page...

Anyhow, in this thread:

So did you use the advanced search function to search within this thread by each GS member??

My apologies to CL_fan. I hadn't thought of that method when I posted earlier ... and even if I had, I would have been too lazy :hopelessness: to do ten (or more) searches :laugh:.

#ReturningToTheCaveOfShameAndNeverComingOut

Actually, I didn't do it using the Advanced Search. But, I can imagine how time consuming it would be if somebody did attempt it like that. Like, first you would have to go through the thread and see whose names keep appearing to get an idea who to then do a search for. I may do some time consuming research for some of my pet projects, but I couldn't be bothered doing it for something like this!

Considering all the other complex and time-consuming projects that CL_fan embarks on, this one wouldn't be too bad. If you're familiar enough with the 'usual suspects' in the Liza thread, the search thread tool will return results in a couple of seconds, and you could perform 20+ searches to have your top 10 list developed in as little as 5 to 10 minutes... if one cared to dive into that sort of thing.

And, quite frankly, I don't care. Some members may be obsessed with having a lot of posts, but I am not like that. I was just curious to see if statistical analysis could help us work out who wanted to be the new OP.

So, now for the moment of revelation!!!

It's actually quite simple to find out the post count for each poster within a thread. But, it is not obvious how to do it. I probably shouldn't admit this, but I found out purely by accident one time!

I had the Fan Fest forum main page open in a narrow window (I was watching a stream in another window alongside GS at the same time), and was trying to click on the last post link for a thread. And my hand slipped, and I ended up clicking on the wrong place. And, lo-and-behold, a pop-up window appeared listing everybody who had posted in that thread, ordered by the number of posts they had in that thread!

After quite a few attempts at repeating it to try to find out what I had done, I discovered that this window appears when you click on the number of replies in the "Replies / Views" column. And it only works if you click on the number itself; it doesn't if you click on the word "Replies".

A very ingenious feature which vBulletin should make more obvious!

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
That's so fun - I had no idea! And I also had no idea that I had that many posts here... I'm not trying to "achieve" a high post count, either - but it is curious to see just how much babbling I've done....

Note: Just to point out that this is coming from the person who only joined GS in the first place because that was the only way to see the forum, and who told herself that just because she had joined, it did not mean that she actually had to post, and she could just continue to blithely lurk - which resolution lasted a grand total of around two minutes. Literally.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
They make it their business to know who is speaking of their Queen. ;)

Tutto

Record Breaker
Liza is becoming an influential person in her hometown! A small interview on her recent visit to Glazov:

http://glazovportal.net/news/2015/06/23/56735

''Lisa, you’ve become a household name. Young athletes from Glazov, showing good results, compared now with you: ‘another Lisa Tuktamysheva’ .In your opinion, what chances young athletes in our town got to achieve as much as you, or it's just one chance in a million?
- I think everyone has a chance. If a person has talent and they want it very much, all is possible. A luck plays a role as well, my destiny brought me to Alexei Nikolayevich Mishin. It was he who made me who I am today.
- You have been living in St. Petersburg for a few years now but still visit Glazov.
- I come to see my relations, but when I am in Glazov, I understand that I miss the town too. There is a completely different atmosphere, everything is so familiar & homelike. I try to find time to come here. I had just a couple of days and I decided on the spur of the moment to fly to Glazov.
- Lisa, you’ve just received a prestigious award. You are among "the most famous people of St. Petersburg in 2015" Congratulations on the victory. Do you perceive yourself now as a native of St Petersburg or Glazov?
-50/50
- Is it true that the construction of the sports hall in school №3 where you studied began after you put in a word?
- Yes it's true.
- The Ice Palace of Sport in Glazov is still not repaired. Could you put in a word about it as well?
- I will try. I do care what is to happen to the Ice Palace of Sport, especially as I began skating there. I really want figure skating in Glazov to grow.''

I note that again not a word about Veretennikova... so odd.

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
So, I finally got around to watching the Get Low program in its entirety (via this Youtube link since Dailymotion for me is almost what Instagram is for LRK). I think the choreography's fine and I appreciate that she's doing something different. Do I wish it were set to music that's not so mind-numbingly repetitive and horrible? Yes. But as long as it doesn't become a trend in her music selections, I'm not worried. One summer exhibition program doesn't represent a skater.

Btw, she actually has a great split jump. :shocked: Why was that not on display during her Sandstorm LP? (Too tired since it's the end of her program...? Or did she improve her split jump over the off season? I hope it's the latter. :))

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That split jump was amazing. :points: That was what stuck out the most for me 💥💫✨

Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
So, I finally got around to watching the Get Low program in its entirety (via this Youtube link since Dailymotion for me is almost what Instagram is for LRK). I think the choreography's fine and I appreciate that she's doing something different. Do I wish it were set to music that's not so mind-numbingly repetitive and horrible? Yes. But as long as it doesn't become a trend in her music selections, I'm not worried. One summer exhibition program doesn't represent a skater.

Btw, she actually has a great split jump. :shocked: Why was that not on display during her Sandstorm LP? (Too tired since it's the end of her program...? Or did she improve her split jump over the off season? I hope it's the latter. :))
The one in her LP is more of a regular front split jump. The one in her EX is the Russian split. Liza seems to be more flexible with the Russian split.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Liza is becoming an influential person in her hometown! A small interview on her recent visit to Glazov:

http://glazovportal.net/news/2015/06/23/56735

I note that again not a word about Veretennikova... so odd.

Good to see that, now that she is famous, Liza hasn't forgotten where she comes from.

But, as for Veretennikova. Well, didn't I say so...

I hadn't heard anything about the split before. So, it was very interesting to hear Veretennikova's viewpoint, and I would love to hear something from Liza or Mishin. But, from my basic knowledge of how Russian politics works (which, let's face it, this is!), I know fine well that Svetlana's name will never be mentioned by either of them ever again!

A couple of days ago, I was linking to my post from the start of May about a pile of photos that Liza and Ekaterina Riazanova were posting of themselves together.

Well, by sheer coincidence, Ekaterina posted another yesterday:

И она снова здесь..:)))) #звездамоя #порадоваласвоимприездом @liza_tuktik #Friends #Happy #Love #rayban👯💜⭐

And yet another today:

С именинницей @wooman4ik ❤️❤️❤️❤️💋🎉🎉🎉 #happybirthday #dear #Friends #Love #Happy

I assume that that is Vlada Labunskaya that they are kissing, seeing as it is her birthday today.

Thank you for sharing these photos with us, Ekaterina!

CaroLiza_fan

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
^ those super duper adorable photos:love:

only managed to wach the ex now & I must say I loved it. & the crowd seemed to love it too. The beat is infectious & I bet all other crowds will be into it as well clappin & having fun.
I heard no lyrics at all used in this so I dont see any problem at all.
Actually as a not an English speaker I never really had the desire to really listen into & investigate the rap/hiphop lyrics at all b/c the videos speak for themselves frankly I dont want to know what they are 'singing' about :laugh: I just move to the grove & if you compare Liza's EX to what some Miley Cyrus doing its middle ages :biggrin:

but wow thanks for the posters here for enlightening me about slang.
Especially the 'whistle' thing
I had no idea it meant THAT:eek::laugh:

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am moving the skyfly thread to archives and installing the new thread. It is time to update bookmarks.