Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 55 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Tutto

Record Breaker
It made me feel embarrassed to even hear that question and she really get out of it very well. What else could she say? That on Olympics the scores are generally higher? I don't know why he asked that.

It wasn’t the only blunder of the presenter, how would you feel about this:

Moskvina was talking about everlasting rivalry between Moscow and St Petersburg and said that she personally would not blame sportsmen who decide to move to Moscow in order to achieve their full potential because training conditions, federation support etc so much better there. The presenter immediately turned to Sasha Smirnov and asked: ‘Would you leave your coach and move to Moscow? Lets say that Tamara Nikolaevna [Moskvina] is not here, not listening, what would you say?’

Moskvina let out some embarrassed giggle and said: ‘Sasha, you are of course free to say whatever you think’

Poor Sasha naturally had to say all the right things: ‘we will never leave Tamara Nikolaevna who has always believed in us, supported us, it would be betrayal etc.’ (I am sure he meant it too)

But talk about tact! I know tact is not on the journalist’s job description but there are some limits… or should be…

I was much impressed by Lisa, she was so composed, so poised throughout this interview. If she was offended by that stupid question (please see my previous post) she did not show it, at the same time there was a distinct coldness & finality in a way she responded that shut up even that idiot of the presenter, he didn't press further. My admiration for this young lady growing by day

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
It wasn’t the only blunder of the presenter, how would you feel about this:

Moskvina was talking about everlasting rivalry between Moscow and St Petersburg and said that she personally would not blame sportsmen who decide to move to Moscow in order to achieve their full potential because training conditions, federation support etc so much better there. The presenter immediately turned to Sasha Smirnov and asked: ‘Would you leave your coach and move to Moscow? Lets say that Tamara Nikolaevna [Moskvina] is not here, not listening, what would you say?’

Moskvina let out some embarrassed giggle and said: ‘Sasha, you are of course free to say whatever you think’

Poor Sasha naturally had to say all the right things: ‘we will never leave Tamara Nikolaevna who has always believed in us, supported us, it would be a betrayal etc.’ (I am sure he meant it too)

But talk about tact! I know tact is not on the journalist’s job description but there are some limits… or should be…

I was much impressed by Lisa, she was so composed, so poised throughout this interview. If she was offended by that stupid question she did not show it, at the same time there was a distinct coldness & finality in a way she responded that shut up even that idiot of the presenter, he didn't press further. My admiration for this young lady growing by day

Ugh. How uncomfortable that must have been for all of them! As if poor Moskvina was an ogre - or Smirnov some small child who was afraid to speak freely if she was there! How ridiculous! Presumably, if K/S had wanted to leave - they could have. I do wonder if they'd ask Plushy the same question - I almost wish they would.... That would be... interesting.;) (I'm thinking "cold death stare" wouldn't even be in it.... ;))

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Ugh. How uncomfortable that must have been for all of them! As if poor Moskvina was an ogre - or Smirnov some small child who was afraid to speak freely if she was there! How ridiculous! Presumably, if K/S had wanted to leave - they could have. I do wonder if they'd ask Plushy the same question - I almost wish they would.... That would be... interesting.;) (I'm thinking "cold death stare" wouldn't even be in it.... ;))
Lol Plushy will do a 4T right there as a Nope.

Tutto

Record Breaker
I've come across this information (apologies if this was already discussed) about a book by Aleksei Mishin:

http://www.icesport.ru/index.php/ne...kniga-figurnoe-katanie-kak-kosmicheskij-polet

Aleksei Mishin’s new book (co-author Victor Shapiro) ‘Figure Skating as a Space Flight’
''The book explains in detail how to execute correctly jumps & spins, vital characteristics to focus on etc . Also tells about exercise machines assisting skaters in developing certain qualities for jumps and spins.
The book to be distributed in Russia via ‘Sport on the Ice’ stores ''

It looks like Adelina is on the cover of the book (please follow the link to see), WHY NOT LISA I’d like to know?!

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
What??. I doesn't make sense with Adelina on the cover of a book about correct jumping techniques by Mishin. I hope some Russian poster can help us with this.

Tutto

Record Breaker
What??. I doesn't make sense with Adelina on the cover of a book about correct jumping techniques by Mishin. I hope some Russian poster can help us with this.

Might be something to do with a new PR agent for Adelina who I gather is also Plushy's agent. Thanks to him Adelina seems to be everywhere recently (I don't live in Russia and can only go by what I read on russian forums & press)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Might be something to do with a new PR agent for Adelina who I gather is also Plushy's agent. Thanks to him Adelina seems to be everywhere recently (I don't live in Russia and can only go by what I read on russian forums & press)
But still I doesn't make sense. I think Mishin might not like this idea.

MalAssada

Medalist
Maybe he will look at this as a selling advantage. I mean, Adelina brings more attention than Liza because of her status. Liza is most likely mentioned in the book, though. 3A, correct technique, how strong she is this season... Plenty of things to write about.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Lol Plushy will do a 4T right there as a Nope.
"Let's go to the rink, right now. I'm going to do 18 triple axels in a row, and you go find me a 32-year-old Moscow skater who can do the same." :laugh:

Maybe he will look at this as a selling advantage. I mean, Adelina brings more attention than Liza because of her status. Liza is most likely mentioned in the book, though. 3A, correct technique, how strong she is this season... Plenty of things to write about.
Yep, my thoughts as well. To sell copies, since Adelina is one of the most recognizable current skaters (and her jumping technique isn't bad. :biggrin:).

adelia

Record Breaker
But still I doesn't make sense. I think Mishin might not like this idea.
Adelina is on the cover because she the reigning Olympic Champion. Russia's most recent singles Olympic Champion and is thus the "face" of Russian skating atm. I doubt Mishin would have a problem with her being on the cover.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Adelina is on the cover because she the reigning Olympic Champion. Russia's most recent singles Olympic Champion and is thus the "face" of Russian skating atm. I doubt Mishin would have a problem with her being on the cover.
The problem is she's not his student. I have no doubt about her popularity at all. But it's his book about jumps then if I were the publisher I would use his students' photo. Liza might not be as popular then why not Plushy? He certainly has more credibility on this.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
The problem is she's not his student. I have no doubt about her popularity at all. But it's his book about jumps then if I were the publisher I would use his students' photo. Liza might not be as popular then why not Plushy? He certainly has more credibility on this.
But he's, well, old. :laugh: For a new book, you want new faces, or else the lowest common denominator will mistake it for a reprint. Granted, I don't think the lowest common denominator is the target audience for a book on figure skating technique...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
"Let's go to the rink, right now. I'm going to do 18 triple axels in a row, and you go find me a 32-year-old Moscow skater who can do the same." :laugh:

Kostya?

I only want to know if this book will be available in English. *absorbs book*

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Kostya's from St. Petersburg just like Plushy. That's how they roll there. ;)

I don't know much about publishing, but isn't it possible they had to decide on a cover months ago before anyone knew how well Liza would do this season?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I don't know much about publishing, but isn't it possible they had to decide on a cover months ago before anyone knew how well Liza would do this season?
Yes, the typical publishing schedule means that the book would've been completed a while ago. Things don't get their final edit then go into print the next day. ;) Of course they could've changed the cover, but as adelia noted, Adelina remains the face of Russian figure skating for the moment.

w_darling

On the Ice
@Meoima I also agree with you about Hahn being well-suited to Baroque! Haha, one of the first videos I found was actually Sarah Chang, so I thought it would be cute to link to another female prodigy since we are talking about Liza... but Chang's performance was a little scratchy sounding and young Hilary was in youtube's suggested videos, so I went with her instead :)

Ah, so many interesting music ideas! And, from my selfish point of view, so much new music to check out :) From past seasons, Liza does seem to favor music with Latin influences so maybe Sarasate could work!

Meoima

Match Penalty
But he's, well, old. :laugh: For a new book, you want new faces, or else the lowest common denominator will mistake it for a reprint. Granted, I don't think the lowest common denominator is the target audience for a book on figure skating technique...
:drama: oh yeah I know Plushy is ancient... but still... maybe a cover with the whole Mishin team might be more relevant than someone not his student IMO.

@Meoima I also agree with you about Hahn being well-suited to Baroque! Haha, one of the first videos I found was actually Sarah Chang, so I thought it would be cute to link to another female prodigy since we are talking about Liza... but Chang's performance was a little scratchy sounding and young Hilary was in youtube's suggested videos, so I went with her instead :)
Ah, so many interesting music ideas! And, from my selfish point of view, so much new music to check out :) From past seasons, Liza does seem to favor music with Latin influences so maybe Sarasate could work!
Yeah, Hahn is so special for since a very young age she has been playing Baroque so well. Chang is wonderful (I've heard her live twice) but she is not a Baroque violinist, more like romantic. I am thinking maybe Liza can use Baroque music and dress as a baroque queen in the old times. :biggrin:

Last edited:

jkun

Final Flight
:drama: oh yeah I know Plushy is ancient... but still... maybe a cover with the whole Mishin team might be more relevant than someone not his student IMO.

Also.. It is a book about technique. Adelina can't lutz. Liza should have definitely been on the cover!

LRK

Record Breaker

Yeah, Hahn is so special for since a very young age she has been playing Baroque so well. Chang is wonderful (I've heard her live twice) but she is not a Baroque violinist, more like romantic. I am thinking maybe Liza can use Baroque music and dress as a baroque queen in the old times. :biggrin:

Hey - idea! Earlier than Baroque but... what about Greensleeves?

adelia

Record Breaker
Also.. It is a book about technique. Adelina can't lutz. Liza should have definitely been on the cover!
Mishin has been working on this book since 2010-2011. The cover was decided on several months ago, before Liza went on her international winning streak. As much as I love Liza, it did not make sense back then (diff story now of course) to put her on the cover if the cover was meant to create widespread interest in the book. It was either Plush or Adelina. In which case they went for a newer face. It's not a big deal.