Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

starlight97

Final Flight
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qBgMBoqttQ8
Here they are talking about the Cup of Russia(not the Grand Prix one) and that Liza is always hunted by bad luck, and that she had a poor performance there in the SP and then had to pull out in the middle of her FS, because she tore a ligament/ due to a ligament rupture.... I know that this is some time ago now, but could this still affect her?

Sorrento

Record Breaker
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qBgMBoqttQ8
Here they are talking about the Cup of Russia(not the Grand Prix one) and that Liza is always hunted by bad luck, and that she had a poor performance there in the SP and then had to pull out in the middle of her FS, because she tore a ligament/ due to a ligament rupture.... I know that this is some time ago now, but could this still affect her?
From that interview that I mentioned here previously Mishin did not mention it as a persisting problem. He only said her back is giving her pain.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Is there any news about her GP withdrawal? I am so worried about Liza. If she pulled out this year, who knows if she can make a come back the year following. Russian field is so deep with so many talented young girls.:cry:

starlight97

Final Flight
Is there any news about her GP withdrawal? I am so worried about Liza. If she pulled out this year, who knows if she can make a come back the year following. Russian field is so deep with so many talented young girls.:cry:
In the German forums at least there aren't any news, but they aren't that informative any way. Maybe someone who's lucky enough to speak the language read something in the russian forums?

I'm sorry to say this, and I don't want to be negative, but I think she's already out. She would have needed an EXTREMELY strong comeback this season to even stand the slightest chance against Lip/Sot/Rad and so one... anf now that she's in less than top form or even injured to the point of withdrawal ....
It's not gonna happen, I fear.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
But, is she doing the toeloops combo because of her injury or will it be her layout? Because with a 3T+3T she doesn't have any chance against the other Russians

darazam

On the Ice
Who knows, probably she's just getting back her jumps. Person who was at the skate said that solo lutz at the short vid was her third attempt (you can hear Mishin saying "it's the last one!") to jump it.
Not so bad considering that she did only singles not so long ago.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I'm happy to bring good news, Sandpiper!

And here is video of the SP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_9BTwnrHwg I think it was the last open skate, so there won't be new video of her LP. But seems Liza is in better condition than couple of weeks ago.
:love: that entry into 2A. But at the same thing, I'm worried about the potential strain on her back.

While Liza isn't the best spinner, I like how she entered that first sit spin right in time with the music. Now she just needs to work on her concentration, to not make stupid pops.

But, is she doing the toeloops combo because of her injury or will it be her layout? Because with a 3T+3T she doesn't have any chance against the other Russians
Adelina won the Olympics with 3T-3T and no lutz in the SP at all... :slink:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm happy to bring good news, Sandpiper!

And here is video of the SP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_9BTwnrHwg I think it was the last open skate, so there won't be new video of her LP. But seems Liza is in better condition than couple of weeks ago.

Oh, I love this. Fabulous. She is always so fierce. She grabs the music and makes it hers.

Her spins are especially good in this one, I think. Love the semi-Biellmann spiral into the 2A. Her jumps are looking good, except the pop, of course, but such things don't worry me at this point in the off-season.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Fingers cross for Liza, since I adore her jumps soooo much. I hope her back will be alright. :cry:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Absolutely correct, but Adelina has a whole different level of spins and PCS (now more than ever ;) )
I'd rather Liza competes with 3T-3T in the SP and skates clean, than if she falls on 3Lz-3T all season (or, worse, her not competing at all). Also, recall that Anna took fourth place at Worlds with pretty bad spins and not so great PCS... No reason to call doom and gloom because of 3T-3T vs. 3Lz-3T in the SP. There are legit reasons to call doom and gloom, but the SP jump combination isn't one of them.

starlight97

Final Flight
:love: that entry into 2A. But at the same thing, I'm worried about the potential strain on her back.

While Liza isn't the best spinner, I like how she entered that first sit spin right in time with the music. Now she just needs to work on her concentration, to not make stupid pops.

Adelina won the Olympics with 3T-3T and no lutz in the SP at all... :slink:

I just have to ask, I've always wondered about this:
How is it possible for a skater to do a 2A, a 3Flip and a 3T-3T and technically score higher (39.09)
Than an other skater who did a 2A, a 3Flip and a 3Lz-3T (scoring 39.03)
Given that both executed all of their jumps absolutely perfectly and clean.

Now I don't want to discuss the Sotnikova/Kim scandal !!!!!
I just genuinely would like to know how it works, because if it does work under fair circumstances as well, then it would be great for Liza!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I'd rather Liza competes with 3T-3T in the SP and skates clean, than if she falls on 3Lz-3T all season (or, worse, her not competing at all). Also, recall that Anna took fourth place at Worlds with pretty bad spins and not so great PCS... No reason to call doom and gloom because of 3T-3T vs. 3Lz-3T in the SP. There are legit reasons to call doom and gloom, but the SP jump combination isn't one of them.
Of course I completely agree about clean skating with 3T+3T>fall in 3Lz+3T :yes:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I just have to ask, I've always wondered about this:
How is it possible for a skater to do a 2A, a 3Flip and a 3T-3T and technically score higher (39.09)
Than an other skater who did a 2A, a 3Flip and a 3Lz-3T (scoring 39.03)
Given that both executed all of their jumps absolutely perfectly and clean.

Now I don't want to discuss the Sotnikova/Kim scandal !!!!!
I just genuinely would like to know how it works, because if it does work under fair circumstances as well, then it would be great for Liza!

The spins count as a technical element too you know.