Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I just have to ask, I've always wondered about this:
How is it possible for a skater to do a 2A, a 3Flip and a 3T-3T and technically score higher (39.09)
Than an other skater who did a 2A, a 3Flip and a 3Lz-3T (scoring 39.03)
Given that both executed all of their jumps absolutely perfectly and clean.

Now I don't want to discuss the Sotnikova/Kim scandal !!!!!
I just genuinely would like to know how it works, because if it does work under fair circumstances as well, then it would be great for Liza!
- Jump GOEs
- Spin levels and GOEs (IIRC, Yuna only got Level 3 for her layback, and her spins were admittedly weaker than Adelina's)
- StSq Level (Yuna got Level 3)

Liza won't be able to pull Adelina's spin GOEs, but (scored correctly) she should have some of the best jump GOE of the ladies. Liza also has clearly correct edges on her lutz, which will free her from being at the mercy of the tech panel. I wouldn't mind if Liza did 3T-3T, 3Lz, 2A in the SP, if that would help her skate the SP clean (it seems like a mental block, since she always has trouble with the SP; maybe a change in layout could give her a fresh perspective. She can add the 3Lz-3T back in when her back feels better, and when she feels more comfortable with the program).

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Liza won't be able to pull Adelina's spin GOEs, but (scored correctly) she should have some of the best jump GOE of the ladies. Liza also has clearly correct edges on her lutz, which will free her from being at the mercy of the tech panel. I wouldn't mind if Liza did 3T-3T, 3Lz, 2A in the SP, if that would help her skate the SP clean (it seems like a mental block, since she always has trouble with the SP; maybe a change in layout could give her a fresh perspective. She can add the 3Lz-3T back in when her back feels better, and when she feels more comfortable with the program).

Agreed with all of this. When Liza is on, there's no lady in the world that jumps better, or has a truer Lutz.

starlight97

Final Flight
- Jump GOEs
- Spin levels and GOEs (IIRC, Yuna only got Level 3 for her layback, and her spins were admittedly weaker than Adelina's)
- StSq Level (Yuna got Level 3)

Could she exell enough on only the jump GOEs ?
Because like you said she won't be able to measure up to Sotnikova's or Radionova's spins, leave alone Lipnitskaya's!
And I don't think she's ahead of the others regarding the step sequence right?

So could clean edges really be enough? Considering Rad. does not flutz and Yulia and Adelina execute the rest of their jumps mostly correct.
Just want to know if it's even realistic to to win sth or be in medal contention with such a layout considering the crazy things everybody is doing nowadays. .:think: ?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
We cannot predict the future. I admit Liza's chances look far weaker than Yulia's at this point. But Liza was national champ just last year, so it's not inconceivable that the tables can shift again in four years' time. Also, the new rules seem like they really want to chop down on flutzes and URs, so that will be to Liza's benefit.

While Liza doesn't get Yulia's GOEs on her spins, if her back feels fine, she could still get the necessary levels. The spin GOEs can be made up in jump GOEs. What Liza really needs to do is skate consistently, gain back the respect of the judges, and start building her PCS (hence why she needs to find an SP she's comfortable with and can skate cleanly). All the other stuff--whether the judges will give her those GOEs and PCS, how the other Russians skate, ect.--isn't in her control, so I hope she doesn't worry overmuch about that.

darazam

On the Ice
That "So, labored in vain" is actually "not in vain", I wonder why Google discarded negative particle. Also last sentence is "After all I have to recover myself, to redeem my name".

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I hope the jerks who insisted she was fat are happy to hear the poor girl starved herself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Liza :cry:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Oh Liza... I suspected she might be the reckless type. I hope they have a better way of dealing with the back situation than "hope the pain doesn't return," but it seems like we'll see her next season.

A bit worried about the eating part. I'm not against her losing (or gaining) weight, but starving doesn't seem like the way to go. Firstly, it's just not healthy. Secondly, you lose muscle along with fat, so I dunno if it'll help the jumps.

EDIT: If I'm reading this correctly: Bolero was Liza's own idea (yay!), and she got it approved by Mishin and... Plushy? :)scratch:) Probably Google butchering something again.

darazam

On the Ice
Sandpiper, according to the interview "Bolero" was Mishin's idea, but then at the training Plushenko approached Mishin (seems so? not Liza herself) and said that he thinks that such modern music would fit Liza well.

starlight97

Final Flight
A bit worried about the eating part. I'm not against her losing (or gaining) weight, but starving doesn't seem like the way to go. Firstly, it's just not healthy. Secondly, you lose muscle along with fat, so I dunno if it'll help the jumps.
It is unsettling to hear about this.
But imagine being in her situation:
Being called a Wunderkind(I think it's so cool that this german word is used in English at times :D ) and "our main hope for Sochi" for years, moving to St . Petersburg, giving it your all.

And then going through a body change and injuries and BAM you're out!
Just being replaced and forgotten about and almost dismissed.
I can see why one would become a bit 'desperate' to get back into their previous 'successful' state of being and since the weight gain went along with her problems she sure saw it as a factor. ...

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
^I understand why she'd want to lose weight. I just wondered if dieting was the right way to do it.

But if we think about it... It's pretty terrible how she went from National champion to nothing in basically one season. That's the problem when someone comes from such a strong skating country... They don't get second chances. :cry: Which is kind of a shame--can you imagine if Carolina Kostner had been Russian? No way would she have had her incredible journey, and her lovely conclusion.

Sandpiper, according to the interview "Bolero" was Mishin's idea, but then at the training Plushenko approached Mishin (seems so? not Liza herself) and said that he thinks that such modern music would fit Liza well.
Ah, thanks for the clarification. Google wasn't clear on this. Imo, Bolero fits Liza more than it fit Plushy, or maybe hers just had better choreography. I hope she takes care of herself and finally conquers that SP problem.

starlight97

Final Flight
But if we think about it... It's pretty terrible how she went from National champion to nothing in basically one season. That's the problem when someone comes from such a strong skating country... They don't get second chances. :cry: Which is kind of a shame--can you imagine if Carolina Kostner had been Russian? No way would she have had her incredible journey, and her lovely conclusion.

And that's the thing :thumbsup:
I've also said this before in an other tread-
Kostner would have been out after Torino. Polina Edmunds wouldn't go to Olympics or worlds. Osmond, Wagner, Weinzler(only german worth mentioning :( ).... they would have all been dismissed and would have never gotten the opportunities they had.
Look at Radionova, she is the perfecty example for me. Remember how she beat Polina at juniors? Polina came 7th(?) In Sochi... where could Radionova have been :eek: ?? At 15 !
Russia has so much talent, so much depth. Yes there are no second chances, but there are also skaters who won't even get a first chance.
Radionova/Proklova/Pogorilaya... other countries would beg them to skate for them, they would be the new sensation, they could go to worlds, euros and so on.
But like it is in Russia now, there will be many talents, especially the younger ones and the current juniors, who will be incredible but will never be able to showcase it since Russia will never have 6 spots in any event...
And this is such a waste:cry:

Meoima

Match Penalty
But for sure if she can rise up against all odds, she will be one of the greatest ever. :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Yes there are no second chances, but there are also skaters who won't even get a first chance.
It truly is a shame. We could say Liza at least got that first chance... But she came at a time when Russia didn't have as much talent as they do now, and imo she and Adelina already contributed to Russia during that time. Now it feels a little like, I dunno, that Liza's purpose is done so they've no use for her anymore... :cry: Even though, when she's on, I still don't think there's any woman in the world who can match her jump-for-jump.

Liza probably shouldn't think too deeply about this though (I'm afraid she already has, due to the diet situation, but...). I just hope she sorts out her SP issues and skates clean. Anything else is out of her control.

LRK

Record Breaker
But for sure if she can rise up against all odds, she will be one of the greatest ever. :)

Yes! :clap:

Keep the faith, people, and let's not write Liza's career funeral eulogy just yet! I know that the situation is difficult indeed, and that people's concern is fully warranted - and the odds stacked against her, but... I just can't seem to be able to worry - somehow, I just can't help but believe that she will pull through somehow.

Hopefully she can believe that too.

"Faith manages."

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Go Liza! I would like to see great skatings from her. The results of secondary importance for the time being.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I would give a lot for Liza and Artur to be National champions together. Can you imagine? Redemption of the written-off. A triumph of the discarded over the favoured.

Alba

Record Breaker
^I understand why she'd want to lose weight. I just wondered if dieting was the right way to do it.

There is nothing wrong with dieting, if it's done properly. Believe me, all of them do keep a diet no matter what they might say to the press or to their fans: "Oh, mother nature made me like this, and hard work of course. I can eat a cow everyday, chocolate, ice cream, pizza and still keep in shape and be thin." :sarcasm: :p
Yeah, right. ;)

Truth to be told, the russians are more blunt and honest when it comes to interviews, and express their opinions openly on almost all issues.