2012 NHK Short Dance SD | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2012 NHK Short Dance SD

tulosai

Record Breaker
Meryl and Charlie absolutely looked like they were flying across the ice at the end- so carefree and happy. They made it look easy. Hoping for a huge score from them. Loved this the first time I saw it but yet another dace I like more on a second viewing!

tulosai

Record Breaker
69.86. Love for D/W. They always are so calm and gracious about scores but they do look disappointed.

riceplate

On the Ice
Meryl and Charlie absolutely looked like they were flying across the ice at the end- so carefree and happy. They made it look easy. Hoping for a huge score from them. Loved this the first time I saw it but yet another dace I like more on a second viewing!

Very charming - LOVED IT! D/W looked like they filled out the rink more on their YP pattern compared to Skate America.

missysays

On the Ice
Marks were low across the board for all skaters. Haven't looked at the scoring yet to tell if it was strict technical calling.

lavender

Record Breaker
Maybe they are disappointed with the deduction...and lower than at SA.

Last edited:

auser

Record Breaker
Hmm.. Shibs scored 60.84. I/K scored 59.96. That is pretty close considering I/K got -2 deductions. Will be an interesting season going forward:popcorn:

nemequittepas

Rinkside
Meryl & Charlie's deduction was for an extended lift, and Elena & Nikita was for an extended lift as well, and for a time violation... Hmm...

I/K also only got level 1 for one of the YPs...

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
D/W really need to work on that lift. It seems to go on forever and it never looks like they can hit whatever position they're going for. Other than that, this is still my favorite SD of the season.

riceplate

On the Ice
D/W really need to work on that lift. It seems to go on forever and it never looks like they can hit whatever position they're going for. Other than that, this is still my favorite SD of the season.

Love the entrance and that they're going for difficulty with the transitions, but Meryl's splayed out awkwardly for almost 2 rotations before that split position (and I think Anna Cappellini hits that same split much better in the Carmen FD)

Davis and White - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bJGDfU_DeM

Last edited:

missysays

On the Ice
Love the entrance and that they're going for difficulty with the transitions, but Meryl's splayed out awkwardly for almost 2 rotations before that split position (and I think Anna Cappellini hits that same split much better in the Carmen FD)

Davis and White - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bJGDfU_DeM

Watched it again and you're right. Once it goes up, she hits three positions in that lift and the second position is the most awkward one. I wonder if they really need it to get a level 4 or if they could just have 2 position changes and go directly from the 1st position laid out across his shoulders into the backwards split lift.