FCSp
3Lo - nice!
CCoSp
StSq - good energy

Solid skate

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Loved the last part of the program. It sure helps how we view a program when the audience is behind the skater. This time I liked it more

Mirunna

Record Breaker
NOOO Akiko singled the Lutz, such a shame, the audience went wild when she landed her combo :no:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Akiko SUZUKI (JPN)

Music: Battle Without Honour or Humanity (from "Kill Bill" soundtrack) by Tomoyasu Hotei
Malaguena (from "Once Upon a Time in Mexico" soundtrack) by Robert Rodriguez

Black pleather dress w/ "studs". Fingerless gloves

3T+3T - 2nd jump perhaps UR on replay
1Lz
LSp
FCSp
2A
StSq
CCoSp

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Almost 68 points for Asada with no 3-3 and skating to a Junior program? This program would have been fine for her back in 2005 but not now.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I am sure Akiko will bounce back and be on the podium. But if she somehow finishes in fifth and Mirai in second...does this mean GPF for Mirai?

Mao has almost 36 for TES and 32 for PCS. So she wasn't over-scored in PCS, with low 8 and high 7. So if anyone has problems with the scores, this is the system. She has great spins, great steps(which probably had level 4) and the jumps she did were good.

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I am sure Akiko will bounce back and be on the podium. But if she somehow finishes in fifth and Mirai in second...does this mean GPF for Mirai?

yes, though finishing 5th is very unlikely, she will still qualify if she is 4th and Mirai doesn't score a 174+ above total in silver
Almost 68 points for Asada with no 3-3 and skating to a Junior program? This program would have been fine for her back in 2005 but not now.

well the scores here a bit inflated but same goes to home skaters scored at SC, Akate America and CoR

Last edited:

ortemis

Rinkside

Mao has almost 36 for TES and 32 for PCS. So she wasn't over-scored in PCS, with low 8 and high 7. So if anyone has problems with the scores, this is the system. She has great spins, great steps(which probably had level 4) and the jumps she did were good.

What if Mirai got second.? She would then tie with Liz right? so wut

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can't Mao do a 3-3 anymore? Almost all the skaters are doing them now. Also that music just feels to cute for someone as mature as Mao. Its music more suited for a 14 year old.

Even Carolina who has superior technique and skating skills scored only 66 at last year's GPF.

But you gotta admit, crowds absolutely loved Mao and it is her home country. What should the judges have done?

mary01

Final Flight
wow that was amazing Mao, she really sold the program, she did everything soo effortless :clap:

akiko was great too, i think she will be back in the free skate

I would say today, while her spins might have satisfied the level four requirements, they looked awfully slow as revolution adds up.