3. Marissa CASTELLI & Simon SHNAPIR (USA) - 61.85 Short Program
4. Anastasia MARTIUSHEVA & Alexei ROGONOV (RUS) - 57.07
5. Alexa SCIMECA & Chris KNIERIM (USA) - 54.41
6. Lindsay DAVIS & Mark LADWIG (USA) - 45.61
7. Nicole DELLA MONICA & Matteo GUARISE (ITA) - 42.14

clairecloutier

Final Flight
I don't either, Im not saying she is anorexic/eating disorder
just showing that in that video, no, she had clearly was more filled than today, maybe the body changes did that, genetics or she is simply petite

Qin Pang and Yuko Kavaguti are as thin as Vera imo

Vera looked about the same in that video to me, I think she's just always been very thin. I agree that she, Kavaguti, and Pang all look too thin. It kind of detracts from their skating, because you just keep noticing it every second--how thin they are. It draws attention away from what they're actually doing.

I doubt any of them are at their "natural" weight. You rarely meet women in day-to-day life who are "naturally" so extremely thin. My guess is all three probably are on very restricted diets, even if they don't meet the technical definition of anorexia. I'd like to see all three gain some weight, I think it might actually help their skating.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Those 3 look too thin to me too, and I agree that is detracts a little from their skating. I think Xue Shen looked pretty ideal, but she was on a pretty restricted diet too.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
No, to me Vera is much thinner than both Pang and Kavaguti. When I watch Pang and Kavaguti, I like their way of being thin (I just prefer thin skaters everywhere). Might be because their faces are not that thin compared with Vera's. Vera is skinny everywhere, and for most part, she has extremely small bone structure.
I think all elite athletes have special diet. But for some of them, no matter what they eat, they won't appear as thin as these three. For vera, her special diet should include weight gaining foods. :laugh:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Heh. Larionov is actually VERY sturdy during the lifts/twists. He looks like he could handle holding a few extra pounds, but that's an uninformed perspective.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Heh. Larionov is actually VERY sturdy during the lifts/twists. He looks like he could handle holding a few extra pounds, but that's an uninformed perspective.

You also have to keep in mind it is easier to lift someone a few pounds heavier who has the muscles to help you than someone a few pounds lighter who is essentially a sack of potatoes. A good example of this right now is Duhamel, I think. She is also teeny tiny so she's not the best example but she weighs more than she looks like, I am sure because she has a LOT of muscle. I doubt Radford is complaining during their lifts. Another example is Tanith Belbin, who Ben Agosto said was MUCH easier to skate with/lift after she gained about 10 pounds because she then had the muscle to help him.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Oh, absolutely. We need to remember that being lifted is an active process from the female, not a passive one. But Vera's so poised in the lifts that I assume she's doing her part.

Of course, a bad lifter at this level is extraodinarily rare.

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Vera BAZAROVA & Yuri LARIONOV (RUS) - 65.61 Short Program, 2nd Copy
2. Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS & Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN) - 65.14 Short Program
3. Marissa CASTELLI & Simon SHNAPIR (USA) - 61.85 Short Program
4. Anastasia MARTIUSHEVA & Alexei ROGONOV (RUS) - 57.07 Short Program
5. Alexa SCIMECA & Chris KNIERIM (USA) - 54.41 Short Program
6. Lindsay DAVIS & Mark LADWIG (USA) - 45.61 Short Program
7. Nicole DELLA MONICA & Matteo GUARISE (ITA) - 42.14 Short Program

Last edited: