What jump are you working on?

A

AshBugg44

Re: What jump are you working on?

Axel :( And lutz and 2sal

N

nessie2002

Re: Jumps

2sal and 2toe. I stopped working on my axel and will resume doing those once I get my skates rebuilt. :p Curse that jump! :)

J

jazzpants

Hmm? thermalundies... I was wondering why you left out loop jumps??? That's what I'm REALLY working on. :p (I choose flip and lutz b/c I'm also working on the flip too and have tried the half lutz a couple of times.)

Cheers,
jazzpants

I

icenut84

Another "where's the loop"! I learnt that today! :D

F

FigureSk8er

I'm still on Basic Skills! LOL

I

IcEaNgEl0587

I'm working primarily on my double axel and triple salchow (iv'e landed it like once!) but i have touched the triple toe, triple loop, and triple flip

N

nutty ducky

I am working on my three jump (waltz jump) and my bunnyhop. They are coming along good! :)

M

maija2

I am still working on waltz jump. I know how to do it but I don't have enouhh courage to really jump.

My 13 years old daughter is working on double axel and triple jumps. She has done many good attempts but never really managed to do any of them. Not full rotated, step out or ... Maybe some day sooner or later.

S

Singerskates

got the flip and loop down finally. Working on lutz and that stupid salchow. LOL That's right I can do the harder jumps but I mess the timing on the salchow. LOL

N

nigrafeles

re:

Double axel...almost consistent
triple salchau...50-50 chance of landing
Triple loop...can land occasionally
Triple toe...disaster

M

megsk8z

Re: Those Jumps

Double toe (ick!)
Double sal (yay!)
Double loop (iffy, at best)
Always, always, the axel.
Know why they call it that? All the other four letter words were taken!

I

Ice85k

Re: Those Jumps

Once the comp. season is over I'll probably start working on jumps harder than double lutz. So far I've landed but *cough*cheated*cough* five double axels and two triple sals.

A

AdultSkater

Jumps in progress

Hello all :)

As always, I am also bettering the axel jump.

Second, this year I am working the split-flip after my split jump got so big I daydreamed about it and asked my coach to show it to me. I landed three recognizable ones the first day. They are tough! You can not go slowly, and you can not back away from it at all. After the mohawk to backwards, you reach back really far for the pole vault, and take it up-then split-then pull in very quickly to complete the revolution-then check out very strongly to control the landing.

A true UP-SPLIT-IN-OUT feeling....all done quickly and crisply if you hope to make it well.

AS

P

Princess Leppard 625

Re: Jumps in progress

AS, that sounds very cool! I'm only level 5, still working on side toe hops. Not even ALMOST that interesting.

Someday....

Laura :)

S

skater of the realm

Re: Jumps in progress

Right now, I'm working on the full flip, the loop, every now and then I'll try a toe-walley, and the full lutz. Actually, the first time I tried a full lutz (today!) I got all the way around and bumped my left toe pick when I landed!:rollin: Sooo close! Well, it was the first try. I kept working on it for about half an hour, but never got it on one foot.

S

sk8er1964

First time posting here!

I'm working on the 2 sal, 2 toe and 2 loop. Have landed the 2 toe, but thats about it.