Injuries & Ills: 2013-14 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Injuries & Ills: 2013-14

LRK

Record Breaker
And dorispulaski mentioned in another thread that Chafik Beseghier had broken his ankle prior to the LP at French Masters.

Does anyone have any updates on Kiira Korpi?

Sara

On the Ice
As far as I know Kiira is not skating yet. Her doctors decided to not to operate her leg. According to one interview she gave, Korpi hopes to return to train in LA in early December at the latest but it depends how well the tendon heals. She would like to compete in Worlds in March. If she is fit I'm sure the FFSA will send her there.

LRK, as you're from Sweden, do you happen to have news on Joshi? I noticed she withdrew from her GP. :( Is she still having problems with her leg?

LRK

Record Breaker
This isn't very recent, but there is this tweet:

Joshi Helgesson‏@JoshiHelgessonsep 14
@tahko119 it's getting better! Hopefully i can go on the ice in about 3 weeks! I hope i'll get in shape so i can go to China :)

Slightly more recent:

Joshi Helgesson‏@JoshiHelgessonsep 29
Klarar mig rätt bra på 1 ben ;) #onefootskating
http://instagram.com/p/e29DxuBDwB/

Translation: Managing quite well on one leg.

Searching further, though, I find that she has a blog, and her most recent entry is from the 5th October:

"Injury

Last Tuesday I went to the doctor again. I had an X-ray and spoke to a doctor, the result was that my foot hasn't healed yet. The bone in the foot is still broken, it has begun healing but it isn't done yet. I have been allowed to take off the orthosis and to put some weight on it, but only straight down, I'm not allowed to lean on it. So I'm allowed to put on skates, but not skate on edges.

That's a little worse news than I had expected, I'd expected to go out on the ice and go full out. I've got a new time for X-ray in 3 weeks, and until then I've been given rehabilitation exercises so I hope it will be better by then. I skate on the ice and do a few double loops and do as much as I can on my well leg. Now I've been allowed to do some strengthening exercises on both legs and so recover some muscle mass that I've lost. :)"

(My translation - my apologies. :) )

And there's also an embedded video of her skating on one foot in the blog post:

http://joshihelgesson.se/skada-2/

obalamus

Rinkside
And dorispulaski mentioned in another thread that Chafik Beseghier had broken his ankle prior to the LP at French Masters.
According to centre.france3, his injury is not so serious, and Chafik is planning to participate at NHK Trophy and TEB.

Sara

On the Ice
Thank you LRK for the translation!! I had checked Joshi's instagram but forgot that she has a blog. I hope she gets well soon!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Joshi's injury does not sound good for competing. I know it is the olympics but I wish we would get some more truthful or realistic ideas if skaters are really going to be able to skate at the olympics and or compete and when.

LRK

Record Breaker

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Joshi's injury does not sound good for competing. I know it is the olympics but I wish we would get some more truthful or realistic ideas if skaters are really going to be able to skate at the olympics and or compete and when.

Do you mean skaters are lying??? If injured, how can they know exactly when it's time to skate and when it's good to compete? I'm sure Joshi is disapointed for her withdraw from cup of china. I've been wating for her breakthrough, she is very talented. This injury is unfortunate. I'm sad for her, also because she had a similar injury at the beginning of last season. Get well Joshi :)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Do you mean skaters are lying??? If injured, how can they know exactly when it's time to skate and when it's good to compete? I'm sure Joshi is disapointed for her withdraw from cup of china. I've been wating for her breakthrough, she is very talented. This injury is unfortunate. I'm sad for her, also because she had a similar injury at the beginning of last season. Get well Joshi :)

No, but many skaters are shall we say overly optimistic which is why so many on this board will say they aren't skating and then of course hey dont' skate. They just don't fully disclose how serious the injury is or how hard it will to heal before an event.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Could be you are right, but I guess they have to remain optimistic and speaking about it makes the come back more real... oh well, what do I know :unsure:

Actually I thought you meant that skaters were faking injuries because they weren' ready to compete :laugh:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Wonder if Polina Korobeynikova is injured. Nikol Gosviani is now at COC instead of her.